Chit Chat
Options

Irrational worry: My mom's dress is too dressy

2»

Re: Irrational worry: My mom's dress is too dressy

• Options
    beethery said:
    Seriously? I'm just gonna pipe up here and point out that this group as a whole does nothing but preach etiquette 24 hours a day. You take pride in telling everyone what they are doing wrong, when they are being tacky and you do it with a smile. 

Heck, in the post directly above this one you ladies are ripping apart two other wedding forum websites for how tacky and classless they are (while opening fake accounts to ridicule and poke fun at them nonetheless). 

So yeah, if your mom wants to dress up like Celine Dion at the Colliseum at your Noon wedding have at it. But this, ooh yeah, this I would side eye and yes, your guests will too. And there is very little I judge people for when they are just trying to be happy.

ClimbingBride like I do you so often, this just "rubbed me the wrong way". Reading these replies of everyone telling you how wonderful the dress is. Nope. I don't buy it. It's a gorgeous gown, for a black tie affair.

You don't get a pass just because you are popular on the forum. The standard has been set. Come to the forum looking for validation when you are breaking etiquette and expect to own it if people tell you that you are wrong. I learned that lesson the hard way.
    Please do tell us how the fuck her mom is breaking etiquette by wearing a spangled black evening gown to Climbing's wedding. PLEASE ELABORATE. I would love to read this. Please include your side-eyeing that you will do if someone comes to your wedding vow renewal wearing something spangly and festive. I am a rude ass bitch. Truly, not a nice person to most. I know rude shit.

Rude is acting pressed as hell when a bride's MOTHER's attire gets approval from the people on the board. Rude is getting pressed as hell and trying to say that nobody is hating on Climbing's mom's dress because she's ~*popular*~. Hoody fucking toot, lady. Apparently your blog is so fucking ~*popular*~ that your vow renewal is being paid for by your ~*ad sponsors*~. Focus on your vow renewal, and save the drama for your blog.

There's a thread fucking around somewhere (Oh shit and I found another one! CLICK) where a bride was advised to hit the chill button, because her FMIL wants to wear a spangly ball gown. She was advised that guests can wear whatever the hell they choose. 

Do whatever the hell you want, but don't get all pissy because someone's MOM's dress didn't come against opposition because her mom isn't going to look like an attention whore. Wear your chopped-train wedding gown to your sponsored-by-google vow renewal, and please, stay pressed.

• Options
    Seriously? I'm just gonna pipe up here and point out that this group as a whole does nothing but preach etiquette 24 hours a day. You take pride in telling everyone what they are doing wrong, when they are being tacky and you do it with a smile. 

Heck, in the post directly above this one you ladies are ripping apart two other wedding forum websites for how tacky and classless they are (while opening fake accounts to ridicule and poke fun at them nonetheless). 

So yeah, if your mom wants to dress up like Celine Dion at the Colliseum at your Noon wedding have at it. But this, ooh yeah, this I would side eye and yes, your guests will too. And there is very little I judge people for when they are just trying to be happy.

ClimbingBride like I do you so often, this just "rubbed me the wrong way". Reading these replies of everyone telling you how wonderful the dress is. Nope. I don't buy it. It's a gorgeous gown, for a black tie affair.

You don't get a pass just because you are popular on the forum. The standard has been set. Come to the forum looking for validation when you are breaking etiquette and expect to own it if people tell you that you are wrong. I learned that lesson the hard way.

Man, someone is butt hurt.

First of all, she said the affair was fancy.

Secondly, she's NOT breaking etiquette. She isn't telling her Mother not to wear the gown. That's what we would have had a problem with.

It isn't about popularity. Get over yourself.

• Options
    theexactleetheexactlee member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    Aww, it's okay you guys I've dealt with envious people like you for years. I know I have an amazing job. All my fellow blogging friends do.
    Yes, my husband and I announced on my blog that we were renewing our vows, and yes, companies from near and far pitched to work with me. And yes, I chose one of those companies to work with as a sponsor. And yes, I turned down 30 others.
    But think of all the brides and vow renewal ladies I'll be helping when I'm giving away free wedding gowns, bridesmaids gowns, shoes, veils and the like.
    So for every 1, 2, 3 and 20 complaints I get over here, I'm helping so many others make their dreams come true by either offering big discount codes you can't find elsewhere or giving away gowns to saving them over $1,000 to get the dress of their dreams. So really like I've said before, haters gonna hate. At the end of the day I don't worry about the haters because I know how many people appreciate what I do and how much I help and care. 
    So again, throw the blog in my face and tell me I'm a AW but while you are at it, maybe bookmark it while you are there, because I have some great giveaways coming up including an all expense paid honeymoon. And no, I don't make money off of that. I just get to make someone's day. And that is the best part of my job.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@theexactlee I have zero issues with the fact that you're blogger, but pot meet kettle. You're telling the OP that it's inappropriate for her mom to wear the dress she loves but yet you're wearing a full on wedding gown to a vow renewal. How is your situation okay and her's not?

• Options
    beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014

Lady, I don't fucking care. I am not envious of anyone who is so fucking thirsty for attention.

Pound sand.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options

I literally just snorted.

You guys, how will we ever come to terms that our lives pale in comparison to hers?

• Options
    beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    And I forgot this:

Check for the IP darlin'. I wouldn't touch that shit.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Wow what was that?...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    theexactlee, no, no, no, just NO.

PPs have said this, and I'll repeat this.  THIS IS NOT AN ETIQUETTE QUESTION.  ClimbingBride is not asking if her mom can emcee the dollar dance during a gap while bartending a cash bar.  Her mom is not b-listing cousins nor is she asking for the guests to pay for their own dinner.  She merely wants to look like a BAMF in a smokin hot dress. 

Right now, this is what I'm thinking you need to do.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards