Wedding Reception Forum

Dollar Dance?

124»

Re: Dollar Dance?

• chibiyui said:

Oh and we're also having a cash buffet style catering and raffling off prizes to pay for the honeymoon.

Oh you're back. I thought the forums were too hard to navigate.

She left just long enough to report back to her besties on WW about how gullible we all are, believing this nonsense and being so rude and mean to her in our responses.

Sounds like quite the riveting lifestyle.

Anniversary
  • I didnt ask for advice. But I am sure when you plan your second and third and fourth weddings you will know exactly what to do so you can plan the fifth six and seventh.
  • No.. totally serious.. Its only $3 per person. No kids because we put on our invitations "no kids allowed"
  • cute cartoons.
  • No.. totally serious.. Its only $3 per person. No kids because we put on our invitations "no kids allowed"
    Oh grow up.  

And for the record, trolling is not allowed here.  So if you keep stirring the pot with your comments to try and rile up others, there's a good chance you'll be banned.  Here's an excerpt from the TOS.

"Trolling" The Knot boards by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages with the intent of provoking members/disrupting normal discussion is not permitted and will lead to banning from the boards.
  • ohhh okay. I will agree with everyone and delete our honeyfund registry...knix the dollar dance... and sell everything I own to accommodate an open bar. I will do anything but please, please,  please don't ban me. I would be devastated.
  • ps... we really did say no kids on our invitations...  because we don't want kids there. But the $3 buffet was a joke. I wish... that would be a great deal.
  • /puts mod hat on

Keep it up, and you won't last long. Trolling is against the TOS, and it's clear you're simply posting random stuff to get a rise out of people. Knock it off.

/removes mod hat

You don't have to go into debt or sell things to host everyone properly. It's called budgeting and being creative. If you can't afford an open bar, have a dry wedding. If you can't afford standard catering, have a backyard wedding, hire someone to grill, and get your food from GFS, Sam's, or Costco.

We have a Budget Weddings board full of ideas for having a wonderful wedding that is properly hosted without spending more than $1000, $2000, etc.

• I have an honest question so I would like to please request you to put your mod hat back on...
    If a person is kicked off the forums will their entire knot account be deactivated? Meaning will their webpage and guest list be lost?
  • I have an honest question so I would like to please request you to put your mod hat back on... If a person is kicked off the forums will their entire knot account be deactivated? Meaning will their webpage and guest list be lost?
    I'm not sure. I just asked KP. I or someone else will have an answer for you tomorrow, I imagine.
  • I have an honest question so I would like to please request you to put your mod hat back on... If a person is kicked off the forums will their entire knot account be deactivated? Meaning will their webpage and guest list be lost?
    I'm not sure. I just asked KP. I or someone else will have an answer for you tomorrow, I imagine.
    So glad to see she's preparing herself for the worst. THIS BODES WELL.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
    If someone is banned from the forums, their webpage, guest list, checklist, etc. stay put. They just can't post to the forums anymore.
  • OK. That's good to know. Thank you.
  • I just find it strange that criticizing someone's wedding choices and trying to insult them by name calling is allowed. As well as "ganging up" on a person because they don't want to let you dictate what does and doesn't happen at their wedding. Nothing anyone can say will change what we are going to do. You stand a better chance of making me a believer in god.
  • @StickEmUpKittyhttp://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-tools-help-center/the-knot-about-us/articles/knot-community-rules.aspx
    The very first rule is "Remember the human: Malicious behavior is not acceptable here." If you feel someone is violating that, you can report their post, but be certain you feel it's violating the rule.
    There are definitely some people confusing rudeness for honesty.
  • Nobody called you a name.

Also, informing you of proper etiquette is not the same as "ganging up". If 20 people said, "Hey, your skirt is tucked into your underwear", would you consider that "ganging up" or "advice intended to help you"?
    Saying, "Your plan is shitty." is not the same as saying, "You are a shithead."

Wrigs is correct.

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

• @StickEmUpKittyhttp://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-tools-help-center/the-knot-about-us/articles/knot-community-rules.aspx
    The very first rule is "Remember the human: Malicious behavior is not acceptable here." If you feel someone is violating that, you can report their post, but be certain you feel it's violating the rule.
    There are definitely some people confusing rudeness for honesty.
    If anyone truly feels attacked, they are more than welcome to use the "report" button.  As it is, there have been no reported posts on this thread.
    Anniversary

• @slothiegal, I was just letting her know where the rules were because she was asking. Not encouraging her to report, but letting her know the specifics before she decided whether or not she wanted to.
  • @slothiegal, I was just letting her know where the rules were because she was asking. Not encouraging her to report, but letting her know the specifics before she decided whether or not she wanted to.
    Understood, and I was letting all posters (not just her) an available option when they feel a post has crossed the line.
    Anniversary

• @slothiegal, sorry-I misunderstood. Just wanted to be sure
  • slothiegalslothiegal member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    No worries @LittleWohlscheid!

ETA a letter
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards