Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Help! need opinions!

So I really fell in love with the idea of doing Ghostbar and Kingpin Suite for my Ceremony and Reception. Its definitely not cheap and adding everything up its getting close to twice what I really wanted to spend and there really aren't any venues that are comparable. So I need some advice. 

I can afford to spend the extra money but the "responsible side" of me is holding me back from booking it. 

Do you guys think its worth it to spend the money and have everything you dream of?
Has anyone had to make a similar decision? 

Hoping some of you have been through similar situations and can help me with this decision

Re: Help! need opinions!

• Options
    That is exactly what I wanted to do. It was a tough decision because I know I HAVE the money but do I want to start our marriage slightly broke haha. I choose to go a bit simpler and it will be amazing still!

I figured we can use the "extra" money for the honeymoon and start some home updates we have been wanting to do. 

The other part I didn't like about Ghostbar is the cheapest option has to be done by 5pm. I was hoping I could do it more at sunset when the lights start to come on but that option was VERY expensive. 

In the end, you have to do what you feel is best to make you day everything you hoped for :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My fiancé was DEAD set on using kingpin no matter the cost. I believe it's great too but for us to afford it we would have had to do day of event check in which stressed me out. Also, I wasn't comfortable at all with attempting to sneak in outside catering there since that is SUCH a premium suite. They were nice and worked with me on the price but in the end we went with the stardust suite because basically for the same price we were getting food and drink too.
    Kingpin definently makes a statement but it has drawbacks too such as limited seating and a lot of space taken up by the bowling. If you're gonna splurge on a palms suite, you should spring for hardwood or one of the ones with the private pool. It'll lend itself better to a reception IMHO
  • Options
    We've looked into the fantasy suites too and I LOVE them, but I'm wondering if anyone here has used any of them before? I'm nervous about getting food and drink up there.
  • Options
    When I talked to them they were adamant that they only allow events up there if you do food and beverage through them. Now, I know a lot of people say that but they seemed really serious.
  • Options
    Palms is fairly difficult to sneak vendors in because the fantasy suites are in a tower that has an actual guard rather than just swiping a room key. Regarding the question of whether you should go with your dream option or not, we did, it was incredibly expensive, but I don't regret it. Our friends still talk about our wedding three years later, and hopefully for years to come, it was an awesome party. I decided to spend on the wedding like I do gambling; I'd never spend money I don't have (i.e. taking on debt) but, just like gambling sometimes, it was a little painful to add up what I spent lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I think the part that is making the price so hard to swallow is not seeing anything before booking it and just relying on pictures and reviews. I don't want to end up spending all this money then not liking the suite or something 

So I talked with the FI and we are going to Vegas in Nov for a convention and I added a few extra days for Wedding fun. We decided to lay off from booking until after we see everything and probably push the wedding back from May to Sept/Oct so we dont feel so rushed to book something.

• Options
    I think that's a good idea.

We were sticklers with our budget, but I also wanted it to be a fun, memorable day. So, we decided to splurge on one thing so we'd get that "woohoo, wedding in Vegas" feeling without ending up in debt. (It was the Vista Suite + uplighting and cocktail tables to make it look more swanky.)

So, if you book Kingpin, maybe you can have your ceremony somewhere cheaper, or scale back on flowers and nix favors, something like that. The suite really speaks for itself, so you don't need much decor.
  • Options
    I think that every single bride has experienced sticker shock at one point or another. I personally decided to stick to my budget and pass on my dream venue/vendors. I'm very happy with my decision. But that's just me. I know I would not have been able to enjoy myself as much knowing I was spending too much. 
  • Options

im with myriah... there are lots of things I would LOVE to have had... im a little OCD when it comes to the little details... but in the end... I refuse to be paying off a debt for ONE day... and Ive also got more important things to spend money on than... like the house we are building.

But I also have friends who would rack up the debt, and spend every last cent on their wedding.

I guess it comes down to what you want to do, and what your priorities are.... no one can decide for you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards