Chit Chat

Someone call me the Wahhhhmbulance

Because I have no friends. Okay, I'm being dramatic here. I won a free happy hour from a bar by my job for today, and all my friends from work cancelled on me. The 2 guys that did not were first going to a fantasy football draft event at another bar, which lasts until 8:30. I invited a few of my other friends and they all had plans or something. SIGH. So much for Thirsty Thursday. Today is the day that FMIL is coming over till Saturday so I could have used a few drinks to deal with the complaining about the kitties, and her screeching to get them away from her when they go near her. I went to a new gelato spot that opened nearby instead. I have until Monday before my body transformation challenge at the gym begins, so might as well treat myself lol.

In other news. I can't share this IRL. And it might be too early to share here, but whatever. FI got a call yesterday from an awesome company about a possible interview. He spoke with the HR department today, and it turns out that none of the positions are in NYC. This position in particular is in Michigan, but they have one available in Mountain View, CA. I am So.Freaking.Excited. I'm a New York girl all the way, and I LOVE this city, but for a few years I have been itching for a change of scenery. I would love to live somewhere new for a while, before ultimately settling down here. Years ago, FI and I spoke of moving to Seattle (which is why I am so obsessed with Seattle), but that never happened. Lately it seemed like FI was not willing to move, and I was yearning to. So when FI told me the news today, and asked if I was cool with it I said of course I am! He told the HR lady that he is willing to relocate, and she in turn said she will set up an interview for Michigan, but will let them know that Cali is his first choice. When I got back to my desk from the gym he had sent me a few links to houses in Ann Arbor, MI. I know I'm getting ahead of myself, he doesn't even have the interview yet!  I'm just excited that he is finally open to moving and trying something new! 

I also bought a few lotto tickets, so who knows, maybe I'll be $180 million dollars richer by the end of the night :) I think I'll make myself a tequila drink while I wait for FMIL.

Anniversary
imageimageimage

Re: Someone call me the Wahhhhmbulance

• Bad woowoo to the guys who are passing up free booze for a fucking fantasy football. Their priorities are out of order.

Good woowoo for your FI on the job front, that would be awesome!!!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• YESCOMETOCALIPLEASE!

Anniversary

• @beethery, seriously!!! I mean Fantasy football? Who even does that anymore?! @slothiegal, omg that is the cutest baby sloth EVER!!! I would LOVE to move to Cali. My college roommate and her bf moved out there 3 years ago. It was a temporary thing. Well, they ended up buying a house by the beach, and adopting a new dog. I don't think they will be returning anytime soon lol.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I wanna come to Happy Hour!!!

And yay for the interview for FI!  I know he'll do great!
  • pinkcow13 said:
    @beethery, seriously!!! I mean Fantasy football? Who even does that anymore?! @slothiegal, omg that is the cutest baby sloth EVER!!! I would LOVE to move to Cali. My college roommate and her bf moved out there 3 years ago. It was a temporary thing. Well, they ended up buying a house by the beach, and adopting a new dog. I don't think they will be returning anytime soon lol.
    I came out here from a big city (DC) east almost a year ago, and have had a little bit of a hard time adjusting but it's been really, really amazing.  Of course, I also give full endorsements to my home of MI, so I think you're in good hands no matter what  :)  (I'm also trying to convice H that we need to end up in Seattle.  We went up there about a year ago to visit his family and I fell in LOVE.)

Isn't he the best?!?  I found this gif earlier today and have been waiting for an opportunity to use it....I couldn't find a good one and the work day is almost over, so I decided that it was best used to try and cheer you up  :P
    Anniversary

• sarahbear31, I should have invited all you knotties to the happy hour instead! If I win the $180 mill tonight, I'll charter a private jet for all :D

slothiegal, we went to visit my roommate in Cali (before the house), and I just fell in love with it. I could definitely see where it is an adjustment coming from the East Coast, but I could see myself totally doing it. It was just so amazing out there. We didn't get to go to Seattle that trip (chose Vegas-Cali instead), but the next one will definitely be Seattle. 

And yes he is the best! He reminds me of my little kitty Kapuchee :) He totally cheered me up!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• jakeiafjakeiaf member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    I live in Ann Arbor because I go to school out here. I so suggest it.. I think you will love it! There is so much to do here! Once school starts back it will be all about football and the town gets really exciting! Even if you don't like football you will still enjoy the city!

ETA: Congrats FI on the new job (I'm claiming it for him)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hit me up if you need a local tour guide in Seattle! :) 
    Anniversary
  • jakeia0112! This will be an amazing opportunity for him, so I am crossing my fingers and claiming it too! And maybe this will be my chance for change, too. I have been with my company since I graduated college, and I am doing the exact opposite of what I always said I would NOT do with my life. I decided that after the wedding, I'm going to look for a career change (I have tons of vacay days that will come in handy next year, my new position in the company is decent, so I can stick it out for now.) I enjoy football, but FI loves it, so this is exciting! I'll have to tell him that it is a huge football town :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• smalfrie19! And here's hoping that he somehow lands a position in Seattle!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Sorry...If someone offered me free booze I'd be all over it.  Those people are missing out.  Don't be STOOOOPID!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm in NYC so I totally should have joined your Happy hour ;-)

Exciting news about FI & your potential move! Sounds like an awesome opportunity for both of you!
  • I'm attending online class orientation for my masters degree that starts on Sunday. I'd totally join for a drink.

Slothie, I will be in CA in the Indian Wells area Veterans Day Weekend! Yay Cali!
  • Awww sweetie I'll definitely sit down for great conversation and have an appletini (my go to drink) with you! Does your happy hour drink tickets cover those? And sending you all good vibes for possible job for FI. And yaaay if you get to move :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DanikaMarie0227, I didn't know you were in NYC! I will definitely keep that in mind for the next free happy hour. If there ever is one.... Well. I made myself a margarita (of course. my go to drink) and I'm watching one of my favorite movies, Rosemary's Baby. With the lights turned off. My kinda night :) At least for the next 15 minutes before FI and FMIL get here.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I'm always down for a margarita! Enjoy those 15 minutes girlfriend :)
  • lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Girl, you are doing okay - I've hit that point where I'd go to happy hour by myself! 

Fingers crossed about the job!!!

I also vote for CA!!
  • @lc07 I would totally go alone too! Except this is a more after work happy hour spot and it didn't start till 6. And I'm not paying for drinks if I don't have to haha. (Just sitting at the bar for an hour alone might get creepy)I prefer to either dine alone or go for a nice drink at a nice spot alone lol. I almost just went to a bar near our home after work lol! I chose the gelato to pay for though haha
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Gotcha. It doesn't sound like the type of place I'd want to go get drinks alone at either. And sending you all the patience vibes I have (which are not many, but I'm willing to share) in dealing with FMIL!
  • Sending good vibes about the job interview! I hope it goes well. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• FYI! I do fantasy football still! I'm only in two leagues. And we meet at bars for draft night. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I briefly went to school in Mountain View. I grew just down the freeway from there. It's nice area.
  • FYI! I do fantasy football still! I'm only in two leagues. And we meet at bars for draft night. 
    Well FI still does it too. I was just cranky they decided to do it on happy hour night LOL. And that I wasn't invited to their fantasy football event :(
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I like free happy hours in NYC :)

I also like Ann Arbor. Good luck!
  • Aww boo! I would have come to happy hour!

Good luck to your FI! My fingers are crossed!
  • So exciting about the potential move! My good friends moved to Ann Arbor recently (well, technically they're in Ypsilanti, the neighboring town) and they LOVE it. It's very neighborly and midwestern, but also a college town full of bright, interesting people. Plus Detroit is really close, and from what everyone tells me it's a lot cooler than it gets credit for (Plus: the Tigers are a great team, but don't tell anyone this Brewers fan told you that). 

Exciting times! Keep us posted.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • pinkcow13 said:

FYI! I do fantasy football still! I'm only in two leagues. And we meet at bars for draft night. 

Well FI still does it too. I was just cranky they decided to do it on happy hour night LOL. And that I wasn't invited to their fantasy football event :(

Well pink, that is just terrible. :( FI owes you one, but watching the draft may not have been very fun. Guys (and girls) get intense with their picks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards