Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Where the eff to buy a sash?!?

Soo I'll start by saying I am an idiot. I am getting married in 15 days and I still need to buy a sash for my dress. I went to look at Macy's today and they told me it takes weeks to one ship in (I didn't know this!). I don't want to spend $300 at BHLDN. I'm in bit of a panic right now. Any suggestions where to buy & receive in a week and that won't break the bank?

http://www.bhldn.com/shoes-accessories-belts-sashes/floret-tulle-sash/productoptionids/fbcaeb8b-b90b-4e9a-9313-32da085940dd

http://www.bhldn.com/shoes-accessories-belts-sashes/avonlea-sash/productoptionids/fbcaeb8b-b90b-4e9a-9313-32da085940dd

Re: Where the eff to buy a sash?!?

• Options
    Have you tried Etsy?  Some of those may be premade, although a lot are made to order.  Otherwise, see if you snag a deal on Trades, Preownedweddingdresses, or Ebay.  Alternatively, try a bridal boutique that sells only off the rack.  They always have tons of accessories that are ready to go.
  • Options
    I second the suggestion for bridal stores (especially those that sell off the rack) - your best bet may be to just go in and see what they have. It looks like Amazon and Ebay both have good selections.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    David's Bridal sells sashes in store. Some Esty vendors MAY be able to get it to you that quickly but you'll have to get their shipping policy carefully before ordering. Trying checking local bridal shops as well. Sashes have become very popular so it shouldn't be hard to find one.
  • Options
    Etsy has tons of beautiful sashes for very reasonable prices.  Most that I have seen will ship fairly quickly, but if you don't want to put it in the mail's hands then a bridal shop may be your only option.
  • Options
    I got mine off Ebay because I also didn't want to spend $300-400 on one!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2014

I was in the same position, and bought mine off the rack. Yes, from a bridal store, it can be pretty pricey, but that's what you get when you wait till the last moment. Etsy does have some great options, and many can be ordered rush, just contact the seller. I'd also look on Craigslist. Many people list dresses and accessories there, and they may be pick up same day.

ETA: Are you handy at all? Looking at the ones you have posted, both are really easily homemade. Call around to large fabric supply houses and see who sells the bridal applique and ribbon. You can sew it on yourself, and it'll look very similar to anything you'd buy. We actually ended up doing this since the sash I wanted only came in ivory, and I needed white. So, i bought the ivory sash and we just moved the applique to white ribbon. When we were at the store buying the ribbon, they had easily 25 different applique similar to what you posted that could be bought for like $50, plus another $25 for ribbon, and done. :)

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    I agree with PP, try bridal stores and David's Bridal and see if any sell off the rack. I actually found a few stores around my location that do not sell bridal dresses, but only bridesmaid and mother of the bride dresses and they would also sell bridal accessories.

And if you must have something, you aren't crafty, and you can't get anything in time, there's Michael's and Joann's. You can pick one up in store for less than $20. Not the most ideal or as gorgeous as the examples you picked, but could be good as a back up.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!!! Checking into all of these options now!! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I bought mine at David's, but it took 5 weeks for shipping. But, I know there are a couple sample & off-the-rack stores in my area that sell what they have in stock. But, unfortunately, most places do have longer lead time on sashes as they are often made to order. If it comes down to it, you may be able to just get some satin ribbon then find a couple of flowery hair pieces to attach/glue to it. You could get a decent looking sash fairly cheap & quick. Like maybe something like this:

http://www.claires.com/us/products/glitter-lily-and-feathers-hair-clip-65422

just glued onto a 2" satin ribbon.

And you can find beading & appliqués at Michaels if you wanted to add some more bling to it. But, you should be able to come up with something simple without requiring much DIY skill... just ribbon, hair clips, and a glue gun.

Edited because TK like to eat paragraphs.

• Options
    check out the classified boards on here too! I've seen some sashes for sale by past brides.
  • Options

Took the train into NYC. Someone told me about M&J Trim. A DIY girl can definitely go bankrupt there! The variety was just ridiculous! I bought a pretty applique of pearls, lace, & crystals for $15 and 3 yards of silk ribbon at $2/yrd. So I will be making my sash for $25 :)

They do have appliques for like $100+ but it wasn't worth it for me. Now I just need to make it in the next 11 days!

• Options
    Amazon has a bunch. I ordered this one to try on with some dresses: 

I am not keeping it because I still am waffling on my overall look, but it arrived within 2 days and looked pretty good for a $40 sash. Maybe order a bunch off there and send back what you don't want (this will work perfect if you have Prime). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards