Louisiana-New Orleans

NYE and Honeymoon

chasseusechasseuse member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited August 2014 in Louisiana-New Orleans
Hi, ladies!

We will be honeymooning in New Orleans the week after Christmas. I'm wondering what to expect from NYE. Are there any great traditions or must-dos? Do we just go to the French Quarter and wander/bar hop?

Any suggestions, tips, tricks would be appreciated.

And yes, we are planning to attend the Bowl Game too!

Thanks!

Re: NYE and Honeymoon

• Christmas and New Years Eve in New Orleans is so beautiful! I love the French Quarter covered in garland and lights! I personally thing fireworks on the River is a must see. The crowds pack in along the riverside and Woldenberg Park so get try and get their early. There's a venue inside of Jax Brewery called the Riverview Room and I know people who have attended their NYE party (a more formal affair). They have balconies that overlook the river during the fireworks. I'm sure very romantic for honeymooners!
  • We went last year before Christmas and loved it! Aside from NYE if you have time: take a streetcar to City Park for Celebration in the Oaks (see their FB page), Roosevelt Hotel for their beautifully decorated lobby, and pop into Arnaud's French 75 for a hot buttered rum. 'Visit new orleans' has a really great FB page and you can email them for tips too. Congratulations and enjoy! Christmas in NOLA is really something special!
  • Thank you, both!
  • Just keep in mind that the Sugar Bowl will be happening on January 1, so there will be a lot of tourists/football fans in town.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards