Wisconsin

DJ review - Midwest Sound??

I'm having my reception at Davians in Menomonee Falls and strongly leaning towards Midwest Sound. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with them???

Re: DJ review - Midwest Sound??

• We are using them, because of how great they did at our friend's weddings.  Seeing them a few times, we knew they would be good.
  • We're having our reception at Davian's too and are using Midwest Sound.  I've heard nothing but good things about them.  When is your wedding date? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My date is July 19. What about yours? I'm feeling a lot better that Davians recommends them as well on their website.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_dj-review-midwest-sound?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:f77f1b53-0604-4658-8cb1-c98db6866bf2Post:56985974-2b82-41b9-97b9-b559e8c0c1b4">Re: DJ review - Midwest Sound??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're having our reception at Davian's too and are using Midwest Sound.  I've heard nothing but good things about them.  When is your wedding date? 
    Posted by futuremrsdaniel824[/QUOTE]
  • Did you get to request a specific DJ? Looking at reviews I see some are great and some have ruined receptions.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_dj-review-midwest-sound?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:f77f1b53-0604-4658-8cb1-c98db6866bf2Post:82ce7af9-be22-4d2f-ab2d-c7d68d8121e8">Re: DJ review - Midwest Sound??</a>:
    [QUOTE]My date is August 24th.
    Posted by futuremrsdaniel824[/QUOTE]
  • I think you can try to request a specific DJ.  They let you pick the type of DJ that you are looking for.  For example, how much interaction you want them to have with guests, etc.  I think they try to match DJ personality/age to the bride and groom.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey ladies - saw that you are using Midwest Sound too. I'm getting married June 29th and would be happy to let you know about my experiences with them. We are planning to call in May to set up an appointment to actually meet with the DJ that will be doing our wedding prior to the day of the wedding. That way we're all on the same page. I'm sure my request is nothing new, but I'll come back and let you know how it all goes!!
  • I am also using them, I actually met with someone at their Indianapolis location, since we are long distance planning (live in Indy, wedding in WI)I asked the guy about the bad reviews and he said there is always two sides to every story. He showed me one review where the bride said the DJ delayed dinner, Then he explained that the caterer had asked the DJ to delay it since the bridal party had arrived 45 minutes early, and still expected the dinner to be served immediately.
    At this point I realised he was right and there is 2 sides. He also told us that the DJ would check in with us a couple times throughout the night and if we needed something changed, that we just have to tell the DJ what we need.
  • We are looking at them to DJ our wedding also...have seen mostly good reviews but our issue is that they were the dj company used at a wedding we went to last summer and that specific dj was horrible!! That's the only thing that has turned us off to them. 

Visit The Knot!   Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you are in Menomonee falls you'll likely get someone from their MN location. (cousin works for them)
  • Midwest Sound was GREAT for our June 8, 2013 wedding!! We worked with Allen the entire time and would highly recommend him! He kept our dance floor packed the entire night, had great crowd interaction, and kept the night flowing great! I cannot say enough good things about them! We did meet with Allen when we first had a consult (before booking) and then met with him about a week prior to our wedding! In order to avoid some of the bad reviews/situations which can happen with any DJ service, I would recommend meeting with your DJ and finding out for sure who will be assigned to your wedding (I believe they do this about a month out)!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards