Wedding Invitations & Paper

Proof my wording please! Both parents hosting

I ordered my invitations but it is on hold until I approve the proof - I think the wording is right but just wanted some validation before I pull the trigger haha. My parents and FI's parents are both hosting. Not a black tie wedding, but definitely traditional. Names/places changed but structure, date, and time are the same.

Mr. and Mrs. John Robert Doe
and
Mr. and Mrs. William John Smith
request the honor of your presence
at the marriage of
Sally Marie Doe
to
John James Smith
on Saturday, the sixth of December
two thousand fourteen
at two o'clock in the afternoon
Saint Catholic Church
123 Hill Drive
City, State

Any help is appreciated!

Re: Proof my wording please! Both parents hosting

• I ordered my invitations but it is on hold until I approve the proof - I think the wording is right but just wanted some validation before I pull the trigger haha. My parents and FI's parents are both hosting. Not a black tie wedding, but definitely traditional. Names/places changed but structure, date, and time are the same.

Mr. and Mrs. John Robert Doe
    and
    Mr. and Mrs. William John Smith
    request the honor of your presence
    at the marriage of their children
    Sally Marie Doe
    to &
    John James Smith
    on Saturday, the sixth of December
    two thousand fourteen
    at two o'clock in the afternoon
    Saint Catholic Church
    123 Hill Drive
    City, State

Any help is appreciated!
    My suggestions are the highlights. Just my opinion.
  • @CMGragain, we are having a full mass - I think I like the second one! Thanks so much!
  • @CMGragain Question for you on the difference in wordings. I received an invitation with the original wording and it will be taking place in a Catholic Church. Does that imply it's a Catholic ceremony? (the components of a Catholic Mass but not the Eucharist)
  • ctr24 said:
    @CMGragain Question for you on the difference in wordings. I received an invitation with the original wording and it will be taking place in a Catholic Church. Does that imply it's a Catholic ceremony? (the components of a Catholic Mass but not the Eucharist)
    Well, I'm not @CMGragain or Catholic, but I think the original wording just suggests that the wedding will be in a Catholic church. I personally have never heard of a wedding in a Catholic church that wasn't itself a Catholic wedding, but that's because I don't know of any Catholic churches that would allow a Catholic wedding ceremony without the Eucharist in it. That's me though. My own guess, and this is only a guess, is that unless the wording specifies otherwise, I wouldn't assume that the full Catholic ceremony, including the Eucharist, will be taking place. You can always ask the couple though.
  • Jen4948 said:
    ctr24 said:
    @CMGragain Question for you on the difference in wordings. I received an invitation with the original wording and it will be taking place in a Catholic Church. Does that imply it's a Catholic ceremony? (the components of a Catholic Mass but not the Eucharist)
    Well, I'm not @CMGragain or Catholic, but I think the original wording just suggests that the wedding will be in a Catholic church. I personally have never heard of a wedding in a Catholic church that wasn't itself a Catholic wedding, but that's because I don't know of any Catholic churches that would allow a Catholic wedding ceremony without the Eucharist in it. That's me though. My own guess, and this is only a guess, is that unless the wording specifies otherwise, I wouldn't assume that the full Catholic ceremony, including the Eucharist, will be taking place. You can always ask the couple though.
    Tons of churches allow a Catholic wedding without the Eucharist.   Those are strictly ceremonies and have readings and even a homily but there is no consecration of the host.    We had friends who married that way because there weren't many family members on either side that would be able to receive Communion so they opted to have Mass.   It reduced the timing by about 15 minutes.     FWIW, that's also the format used when the wedding is Catholic and one member of the couple is not.

BUT, plenty of couples opt not to use the wording of Nuptial Mass and since the difference is generally only 15 minutes, not a big deal. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards