Not Engaged Yet

Monday!!

I start my new job today, so I probably won't be around a lot today! I wish we would have slept better, but there is a cricket outside our window that chirps ALL NIGHT LONG!! how was your weekend? mine was fairly quick. Friday night we had a Girls Night Out. I won at playing Wizard so I get the sparkly crown for this month! we almost adopted a boxer at a pet expo this weekend. H and I need an intervention. and Saturday night we went out to eat with my fam for my birthday, and then I spent a little bit of money at the mall. wish there was one day left to the weekend! anyway, wish me luck today!! I'll check back in later to catch up on all the news!

Re: Monday!!

• RAWR no paragraphs on my iPad!!!
  • @CocoBellaF - Enjoy your first day!!!

My weekend was pretty good. Friday night we were lazy. Saturday, FI went upstate to a fantasy football draft, and @Swazzle came over with her dog. We ate lobster rolls and pickle dip and watched our pups play (and watched @Swazzle's dog run full speed into a screen door :-( ). After she left I went into the city to my ex-roommate's houseleaving (?) party. I drank way too many strawberry martini things, and didn't get home until 2:30am. 

I woke up with the worst hangover EVER on Sunday, and FI got home from upstate a few minutes after I woke up. He also had a viscous hangover, so we were both pretty much useless the entire day. He did tell me that he played catch with his friend's 3-year-old daughter that morning before leaving, which basically made my ovaries dance with happiness. That night, I made a pizza with sausage, onions, and peppers, and it was super delicious, and I'm excited to eat the leftovers tonight. 

Now, just need to make it through this week, and I get a 3-day-weekend for the next two weeks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Enjoy your first day @CocoBellaF and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

My weekend was awesome! Friday night I just relaxed but Saturday H and I went to CrossFit early that morning. We hadn't actually been to the box together in a while, we have been going separately. So it was nice to actually get to work out together. Then we had friends over that night and we drank too much but it was a blast.

Sunday I watched TV alllll day and once H got home from work we took a walk with maddux and it was nice and cool outside so it was perfect walking weather.

Today I don't have much planned. I need to go pick up a bday gift for my dad since his birthday is this weekend.
  • @CocoBellaF, have a great first day! I hope your new job is awesome!

My weekend was spent entirely at work.

Friday I worked a 12, went home, and collapsed - I forgot how long those days were!

Saturday I was at work for eight hours, then did some grocery shopping - complete with couponing and other stuff I haven't had time for in a while. My brother and his girlfriend visited that evening, so we hung out with them for a little while.

Sunday I worked eight hours, and we had a surprise party for my co-worker's birthday. A few co-workers also got together and bought me a few things for graduation, which was super-nice! I had an allergic reaction to something in the food, which wasn't super-nice, lol, so after that I just took some Benadryl, went home, and slept. When I woke up I just watched some TV and saw my first episode of Dr. Who. <-- Not sure why that's significant, but it seems like a big deal to some people, so there you have it, haha. It was OK.

I'm exhausted. I'm working again today and tomorrow, two days off, and then start working again through the weekend. I'm glad that I'm getting the hours since I really need the money, but I am exhausted and starting to miss seeing my friends since their hours are all different from mine. Just got to remember that this is only temporary.

• Happy birthday and happy first day of your new job!

I had a crappy weekend. I did something to my neck LAST weekend and have been battling headaches ever since. I went to the chiro Thursday, but ended up feeling even worse Friday. Saturday I spent on the couch with my neck propped up. Sunday was better, but the headache came back with a vengeance at night. I'm going to the chiro again tonight. Please please please for some NEY vibes. I have vacation starting Friday and this HAS to go away. Not to mention that it has seriously set me back in my marathon training.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• This weekend was chill. FI and I went to our Doctor Who party, hung out at a winery, and had a picnic with my friends at the barn. Bo's finally getting over his summer cold so he felt much better and energetic yesterday.

Work is work.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @CocoBellaF Happy birthday and happy first day at your new job! I hope you have an awesome day!!

@hummingbird125 That pizza sounds soooooo yummy!!

This weekend was pretty quiet for me. Friday night I got pizza with my mom and @southernpeach89 and watched our dogs go crazy playing with each other. I suppose one of these days Cinders MAY calm down...but I kind of think not... That night we took my parent's dog Cheyanne home to petsit her for the weekend.

Saturday I woke up early and took Cinders to the vet for her annual shots and walked over to the local farmer's market. There was an awesome looking tamales stand so I decided to get some cash and on the way to the ATM twisted my ankle in some tall grass (OUCH!) so I decided tamales and cash just weren't worth it and went home to prop up my foot. Later that day when I was feeling better I used up our frozen bananas and made Buttermilk Banana Blueberry Bread and Oatmeal Banana Breakfast Muffins with blueberries and chocolate chips added (click and click).

Sunday FI went out with some friends to check out some bow hunting spots so I spent the day doing some cleaning, organizing, and bumming around the house. It was kind of nice to have some me time. I ran a couple small WR errands and pretty much just relaxed the rest of the day. My ankle is still somewhat swollen so I guess I'm going to focus on upper body workouts this week and give my ankle a break. I was really hoping to get back in to running again but my clumsiness is working against me.

• Weekend wasn't as productive as it could have been. Friday night was ok - no gaming (DM was painting his new house), so FI and I attempted to fight entropy at the house. Looking around this morning, the house is winning. Got a lot of laundry done, though.

Saturday FI dislocated his knee moving a box - he says he stepped wrong. He's still in a knee brace and spent the rest of the weekend with his leg elevated and iced off and on. Poor FI. Still got more laundry done and kept ahead of the 3" of rain on Saturday night. Why can we not get rain in normal-person amounts, like 0.25" at a time? So I got to mop the basement again ...

Yesterday was fantasy draft - our league is spread all across the country this year, so FI and I met one of his coworkers at the bar, where they were running BOGO for the duration of draft and I decided "screw it" on anything even resembling moderation. Up through Round 11, I still cared who I was picking; about round 12 it became bunches of "fuck it" especially since I was on my 4th vodka cranberry. (Disclaimer: I do not drink like this on a regular basis.) So in a 12-team snake draft, picking 10th initially, ESPN standard scoring, here's who I got:

QB Cam Newton (who apparently has a hairline rib fracture ...)
    RB Arian Foster
    RB Frank Gore
    FLEX Ray Rice
    WR Demaryius Thomas
    WR DeSean Jackson
    TE Jason Witten
    D/ST Bengals
    K Connor Barth

BE Stevan Ridley (RB)
    BE Terrance Williams (WR)
    BE Colin Kaepernick (QB)
    BE Jarrett Boykin (WR)
    BE Darren McFadden (RB)
    BE Brandon LaFell (WR)
    BE Charles Clay (TE)

I think I stopped caring at Lafell, Clay, Bengals D, Barth. There was one more, goodness knows who it was.
  • Oh hey! It's Monday? I worked sat & sun as usual and came in at 7 today as usual. After work, I hope I remember to go to the apartment to do laundry so I don't have to do it tomorrow lol. I have band rehearsal and am getting my brows/lip waxed again tomorrow (whoa two months in a row @swazzle would be so proud!!)

We are finally moving the rest of our stuff to the house on Saturday and I'm pumped! We still have to reserve the truck. And then we also have to set up our online account for the mortgage. Apparently we have to call to set up our security questions or something.

Oh and tonight and tomorrow hopefully I will have a chance to apply for jobs. I just wish I could somehow tweak my "teach teach teach research" resume to be more...general? I'm getting rejected from jobs that I'm WAY overqualified for without even an interview. I'm working retail guys- even if I'm overqualified, a desk job is a step up. And without a teaching job and with few research opportunities around (and oh yea I hate research) I would love a job that somewhat stimulated me and paid me more than minimum wage. Cause I'm making 8 cents over minimum wage right now. That is NOT ok. I am also not patient. At all.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • edited August 2014

@CocobellaF good luck at your new job!

@cu97tiger I hope the headaches go away soon.

My weekend was pretty good.  Friday night we cleaned. I made pizza dough from scratch for our homemade pizzas and it came out so well.  We liked it.  Then we cleaned around the house a bit for company the next day.

Saturday we had H's friends over.  I ran out that morning to get him a gift since his birthday just passed.  He was the cutest little boy, it did not help the baby fever at all.  It was a fun time and by the time they got to our place it stopped raining so we were able to hang out outside.  Although I've got about 10 moquito bites on my legs.  Sunday H installed the backsplash in our kitchen.  It looks amazing.  I love it.  He still has one more step to do with it.  Next is the flooring, I promise pics when it's all done.  I ran to Trader Joe's for some food and began to read a new book. I didn't feel well so I laid on the couch reading and resting yesterday. 

Now it's another Monday, tonight H & I have to go to our friend's church for a meeting about their daughter's baptism, since H & I are the god parents. It's a 4 day work week for me though.  Yay.

Anniversary

• @Blue & White Have you started checking with any temp agencies yet? You can usually get some sort of data entry position that will pay around $12 or $13 an hour...sounds a helluva lot better than 8 cents over minimum wage. I know some temp agencies prefer to see a degree on a resume before sending certain candidates to jobs anyway...they don't care what the degree is so long as you have it. I know it's not ideal...but it sounds better than retail!

• @CocoBellaF - Good luck - Play nice with the other kids!!  Happy Birthday!

@Hummingbird125 - At least you should be recovered from your hangover today

@Southernpeach89 - Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend, besides crossfit which looks pretty darn hard.

@CL0GreenEyes - Wow, that sounds like a lot of working in there!  Hope you can find some time to relax.

@cu97tiger - Sending you Healthy Vibes!!

@LaPeanut1018 - The recipes look amazing, thanks for sharing!!!  Hope your ankle feels better.

@Blue - I hope you find something soon!

My Weekend
    Friday - FI and I went to dinner (chinese) - we ordered steamed chicken w/white rice... the guy tried to save us money and made it the combo that came with Fried rice instead :o( .

Saturday - FI got woke up super early by work, which ended up waking me up because I didn't want the dogs bothering him.  So I did laundry while he worked.  After he was done we went to go get our marriage license application notorized so I can send it back to FL (I want to give everything a once over before I send it).  After that we grabbed lunch.  We had to stop over FI's parents to get a photo copy of our IDs.  Then we had to stop over at FIs house because he needed "sports-ball" clothes.  We got home, I took care of the dogs and ran around the house and off to the Cleveland Indian's game we went.  We got our Terry Francona jerseys and left the stadium to find food.  We ended up at a Mexican place.  After that we went back to the stadium and FI and I watched the first 40 minutes of the game before leaving to go to the Cleveland Gladiators game.  Cleveland Gladiators stunk big time and lost Arena Bowl.  Indians won - we should have stayed there.

Sunday - Had to get up early to take Nessie to the groomer.  while she was at the groomer I fell asleep watching TV and FI fell asleep upstairs.  I left my work phone up there and all things blew up so I had to log in and do some work.  Thankfully all the broken stuff was not my team's stuff.  After I got done with that Nessie was ready to be picked up.  We got Nessie, and then we went to pick out suits for FI and FI's Bro (BM).  After that we bummed around the mall until it closed.  FI just wanted to chill at his house and I needed to wash Loki up a bit from excessive drooling.  

Crazy busy weekend!!!  Feels like we didn't relax at all.

Anniversary
  • @KeptInStitches, sorry to hear about FI's knee, that really sucks. Ditto @cu97tiger and your sore neck and @LaPeanut1018 and your ankle.  I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

We had a pretty chill weekend, mostly lots of eating and watching movies.  Although I was productive enough to mow the lawn and fix the vacuum as well.  Last night we celebrated our third first date by going back to the same restaurant for dinner and then out for drinks. 

Along the way, BF was talking about getting a dog when we move in together.  I pointed out that there is still no ring on my finger, so there is no need to talk about moving in together yet.  I have no problem with people who do, in fact, I lived with my last BF... and the experience was enough to make me decide not to live with a BF again.  Anyway, he assured me that he's working on it and that I need to just relax because the proposal is the one thing he gets to do on his own.  Then he told me by the end of our team's football season we will be engaged.  And that if he misses his own deadline I'm allowed to "dick punch" him.  And he knows I will!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning, ladies.  Weekend was a mixed bag here.  H and I put the fence together (well part of it)...hard labor and I'm still sore but it was productive.  Sunday my grandmother passed away (she was very old and sick for a while).  Today looks busy at work and I'm beat up from the weekend so here is hoping I make it through the day.
  • @minskat30 I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandmother. Even though she was sick for a long time, it doesn't make the loss much easier. Sending you thoughts and prayers! I hope you get some time off to mourn soon. :(

• Thank you @LaPeanut1018 - The funeral is this Saturday so I'm hoping to take Friday off at least but we will see.  My aunt/mom want me to sing Ave Maria for the funeral but I don't know if I can, honestly.  I don't do "well" at funerals keeping it together when everyone is crying.
  • @minskat30 I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma.

Anniversary

• justbeingme93justbeingme93 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    @CocoBellaF Happy Birthday!!! 

@CLoGreenEyes Just reading your post made me exhausted! Go get a cup of coffee and maybe a nap! 

Friday my grandma and I started working on a quilt together. I think it is going to be really beautiful when it is done. I will have to post a picture this week when we put some of the swatches of fabric together! Saturday, I went to my new apartment and unpacked some more. I just want to be officially moved in, but I have to wait one more week! 

SO and I have a wedding to attend this weekend, so I have been trying to figure out what dress of mine I should wear. The only one I haven't worn to a wedding this summer is an off white/cream color. However, I don't think I am incredibly keen on wearing any shade of white to a wedding. What do you ladies think? I might just run into town later this week and browse for a new dress. 

My cold is pretty much history. I still have a really adorable cough that sounds like I am near death, but I feel MUCH better than last week. 

• @justbeingme93 - I wouldn't wear an off-white dress to a wedding. Look for something new, or re-wear something you already have instead.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @minskat30, I'm so sorry for your loss. <3 I can imagine that it would be very difficult to sing at your grandmother's funeral. I hope there will not be too much pressure on you if you decide you don't want to.
  • @CocobellaF Good luck today!! Kick some ass!

@CLoGreenEyes I like Doctor Who. I'm not terribly into it, but J is, and I like watching it with him. How temporary is this temporary schedule? It sounds exhausting!!

@cu97tiger That sounds terrible! I hope that the pain goes away soon.

@Blackbird230 I take it that the party was to watch the first episode? What did you think? I thought it was an okay episode, although it felt like there was a lot of weird filler in the first half. And I'm quite tired of the Paternoster Gang at this point, which is disappointing, since I used to like them a lot.

@LaPeanut1018 That sucks about your ankle! Luckily, what you baked sounds like it'll help ease the pain.

@KeptInStitches Is FI's knee feeling any better today?

@Blue :(:(:( I also second looking at temp agencies, but I wish that I had a lead or something for you!

@Dignity100 <3 Terry Francona!

@minskat30 I'm so sorry :(

My weekend was all right. Friday night, J flaked on doing invitations. However, I understood--Friday night was the only night all week where he could just come home and relax, and he was really tired. So we just hung out and watched TV.

On Saturday, I took the train out to central MA, and my friend came to pick me up. I had an awesome time! We finished watching this season of Hell's Kitchen (our favorite person decided to leave, and then our next favorite person didn't make it to the final two, but of the final two, the person we wanted to win did). We baked a cake for her (belated) birthday, and had dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse. The next day, we slept in, watched The Birdcage, and went for a swim in her apartment complex's pool.

When I came home, J and I watched Doctor Who, and then we addressed a bunch of invitations. I'm the one addressing them, and it's so nerve-wracking! My handwriting floats up at the end of sentences, so I have to have a little index card with lines on it as a guide, but because of that, my handwriting is very small. So we have these nice 5x7 envelopes, and the writing on the front is pretty tiny. Oh well.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @justbeingme93 Nix the off-white dress. I'd go buy something new or re-wear something you already have. Unless this is absolutely the ONLY dress you own and you have zero funds in your account for a new dress...I'd just stay away from anything white, off-white, etc. I mean, obviously everyone knows who the bride is but I'd just stay away from that palette entirely.

• AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    @CocoBellaF Happy Birthday and Good Luck!

@minskat so sorry for your loss. Sending you thoughts and prayers and hugs.

Last week was crazy at work for both BF and I, so we just hung out most of the weekend. Friday night we caught up on some of our favorite shows on Netflix and had wine. Saturday I had my hair done, BF took my car to get an oil change, and then we went to a new part of town for dinner near the beach. We walked along the boardwalk for a little while too.

Yesterday BF's brother and friend from college came to visit, and we all went to the beach. I actually didn't get a sunburn! Which is really rare, given my super pale skin. But my new SPF 70 sunscreen worked really well.

After the beach, we went to a cookout at our other friends' house for dinner. It was a super busy but fun day.

ETF: spelling is hard without coffee

• @minskat30 Oh no, I'm so sorry for your loss. *hugs* I hope you're able to take Friday off, and I'll be thinking of you Saturday.

@lovemyrunner How exciting! He sounds like a man on a mission.

@Dignity100 I'm glad you guys had a productive weekend! Sounds like you need a weekend to recover from your weekend. :-P

@Peaseblossom55 Yay for progress on the kitchen! Can't wait to see the finished product. What book are you reading?

@Blue & White I second the recommendation for temp agencies. That's how my mom was able to find her current job, and apparently that's how my company fills positions too. We hire temps until we find someone we like, and then we hire them on. Plus you'll meet more employers who may know someone who's looking, and they can recommend you, you know? 

@KeptInStitches Nights like that are necessary every once and a while. Sometimes you just gotta let loose and not give a crap. 

@LaPeanut1018 Ouch! I hope your ankle is better soon!

@Blackbird230 Sounds like a good weekend! I hope work gets better :-\

@cu97tiger Oh wow, that sounds really painful. I hope your neck gets better ASAP! 

@CLoGreenEyes I've never seen Dr. Who, but I feel like I'm missing out on something. Was it good?

@CocoBellaF HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And good luck today!

@Hummingbird125 I laughed out loud at the image of a dog running full speed into a glass door. I really hope @swazzle's dog was OK! 

@Southernpeach89 glad you had a good weekend! I wish FI was into working out. I would love to work out with him. That's great that you and your husband are both into CrossFit!

My weekend was fantastic. Friday afternoon my fever finally went away, so I was able to go out with my mom Friday night. I got to see her office for the first time and meet some of her coworkers, and then we walked over to a cool little restaurant at a park nearby and shared some appetizers and had a drink. I'm on antibiotics, but my mom convinced me to have a drink anyway... lol best influence ever. I ended up drinking a honey lavender mule, and it was SO GOOD! I'll have to figure out how to make it on my own. Plus they served it in a copper mug, and now I'm convinced FI and I need to register for copper mugs. Anywho, after dinner we walked over to the opera house and saw Phantom of the Opera. It was amazing! I'd never seen it live before, but my mom had been promising me for about 20 years now that she'd take me one day. I'm so glad we were finally able to go. I've been listening to the soundtrack all weekend, which is driving FI crazy.

Saturday was pretty lazy. FI and I sat around and watched movies, unpacked a few more boxes, and ate junk food. I logged on to the juror website to double check my status and to make sure I knew where to go this morning, and the website said I'd been dismissed as a juror. Yay no jury duty! Woohoo! Saturday night we got take out from McAlister's and went over to our friends' place to watch Howl's Moving Castle. It was fun and chill.

Sunday we had lunch at Steak N Shake, went grocery shopping, and did more around the apartment. We hung up a bunch of shelves and pictures, and I ordered a few prints off of Shutterfly to frame and put on the wall. I did laundry, cleaned the bathrooms, changed the sheets, and all other things domestic. We watched two new dubs of Attack on Titan, and we ate more junk food. 

Overall, it was a really nice weekend. I'm so happy to be back in the land of the living! Today I'm starting back on my diet and exercise regime, and I also have to get my allergy shots during my lunch break. Hopefully I'm well enough now to handle all the extra toxins in my system. 

Oh! Almost forgot to mention... we got our Disney Rewards credit card this weekend. I know it's silly, but I'm SO excited to have it. We can redeem points from that card towards our honeymoon at Disney World, so I was all goobery and giddy yesterday. I got the design with Minnie and Mickey kissing too. lol so silly, but whatever.

We also got our first, "So, what do you guys want for your wedding?" I knew it was only a matter of time before we were asked, but argh. It was actually  by our two friends we hung out with on Friday, who are in the wedding party, and when I tried to tell them we genuinely had no clue and would set up a registry later, they still kept asking. They also kept asking if they could come with me when I do the cake tasting...I appreciate the sentiment, but it only stresses me out when FRIENDS make me feel like I need to have more wedding planning done than I do. I mean, I'm over a year out still. I have plenty of time, but people always make me feel like I'm running out of time. Geez. 

Anywho, I guess I should get to work now. So happy to be back in the office! 

• @severmilli12 -OMG you're getting soooo close!!!!
  • @severmilli12 Holy crap! I can't believe you are down to less than 2 weeks!! OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!

• @justbeingme93 Don't wear white to a wedding! It's a big faux pas.

@phira Oooooh invitations! How exciting! They're definitely a pain in the butt, but it's an exciting step in the wedding planning process. :)

@severmilli12 LOVE those tattoos! And holy moly, 2 weeks!

• @eilis1228 I am reading Bel Ami it's ok it's a quick read I'm about half way through.  I'm glad you enjoyed Phantom of The Opera.  I love the music to it as well. I love singing along even more :-)

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 I've heard that's a good book! Hope you enjoy! Phantom was fantastic. I loved the movie, but the show itself is so much better. I wish I could sing like that! I've been humming "All I Ask of You" for a few days now. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards