Wedding Party
Options

Sparkler Questions

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone's done something with sparklers that hasn't been a send off? We are hoping in a shuttle with most of our guests and our photographer will already be gone by the end! Has anyone done a sparkler welcome or something?

Re: Sparkler Questions

• Options
    meelkin said:
    Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone's done something with sparklers that hasn't been a send off? We are hoping in a shuttle with most of our guests and our photographer will already be gone by the end! Has anyone done a sparkler welcome or something?
    when i was a kid we would get them for the 4th of July and play with them in the front yard.  

sparklers are hard to coordinate - if you won't get pics, i'd just skip it.
  • Options

I think the sparkler welcome would be tricky. What time is your wedding? Will it even be dark enough for them to really show up in pictures?

I would probably skip them.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I am not fan of sparlers in general...just too much invitation fora mishap/disaster.  If you really want a nice welcoming try alternatives...ribbon wands, bubbles, sprinkles, etc...
  • Options
    @cowgirl-you are correct, indoors, this is a disaster waiting to happen.  I really love the ribbon wands. I made 125 of them for my daughter's wedding and people had a blast with them.  We had bubbles on seats at the ceremony for the recessional and the photos were really great.
  • Options
    At my cousin's wedding, after we left the church and arrived at the reception site, everyone was given a sparkler. When my cousin and his wife arrived, all the guests met them outside the entrance with lit sparklers--it was great and the pictures are awesome! :)
  • Options
    Sparklers can look awesome but I wouldn't do them for safety reasons.
  • Options
    At my cousin's wedding, after we left the church and arrived at the reception site, everyone was given a sparkler. When my cousin and his wife arrived, all the guests met them outside the entrance with lit sparklers--it was great and the pictures are awesome! :)
    My experience with this was that nearly all the sparklers burnt out before the bride and groom got out the door. Sparklers just don't burn very long.
  • Options
    We had sparklers at our engagement party, and they were sooo hard to coordinate. They kept burning out before everyone got theirs lit. We had them when we were cutting our cake, and there weren't many of us that had them, just the bridal party. I'll definitely be skipping them based off that experience.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    It'll be dark by the time the ceremony starts and we're outdoors! Did you guys have the long sparklers?
  • Options
    We are getting on a party bus with all of our guests as well and doing a sparkler send off even though we then have to wait. But you could have a friend or family member take pictures. But most importantly you have to make sure you don't just get your regular holiday sparklers you have to get wedding sparklers they burn longer, not as hot, and come out very nice for pictures I ordered mine from this website and you can choose your length. https://www.sparklersonline.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards