Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

What is Wrong with people (take 2)

A few months ago I wrote about a friend (Tracey) who was poking around trying to find out details about my wedding and asking mutual friends if they were invited. Fast forward to 2 days ago: I decided to unfriend her as WE haven't spoken since Apr 2013. She sent messages ONLY when she wants something. She sent me a message (not word for word): I see you unfriended me. As I am not invited to your wedding I will donate your gift. I had won $45000 in a lawsuit and was going to give 10% of it and pay for Gareth and Karen to go to your wedding.

WHAT? First of all, are you bribing an invite out of me? Are you using our friends to guilt me? Tracey also mentioned this to Gareth the same day. He isn't 100% sure Tracey wasn't telling him to get me to reconsider inviting her. I hope Tracey and her money are very happy together. If she does donate it, Im sure the receiving party will be grateful even if shes doing it to spite people.

I have very strange Friends and Acquaintances indeed!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What is Wrong with people (take 2)

• Options
    Tracey might need to invest some of that cash into medication and therapy.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    That is just bizarre.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I would put money down that she doesn't have a dime. She just wanted you to be like, "Oh no! I made a huge mistake. Of course you are invited! Please forgive me while I grovel at your feet!!!"
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    This is why I no longer bother unfriending people. I know some people are very, um, pro-active in keeping their friend count up. I now put people on the Restricted list so it's like not being friends with me, only more insulting.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    @Cookie Pusher‌ never thought of that!! Probably should have done that to keep Gareth and Karen from the wrath and manipulation of Tracey.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Unless the person checks your profile every day, they wouldn't have any idea you restricted them. Most people I've done it to haven't even noticed as far as I know.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Dude...I would tell her: 
    "whoops that was  a total mistake - by bad, sorry, kay?? Gareth needs your credit card number to book his and Karen's flight and hotel. Can't wait to see you dear friend. xoxoxoxo"

I'd take one for the teams - Team G&K and Team Amuse Us Here on TK with Ms Crazypant's Future Antics!!! We need this in our lives ;-p
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards