Outdoor Weddings

All day wedding. Please help!

I need help! I live in cleveland Ohio and I'm looking for a reception site that will allow me and my 100 guest camp out over night. I'm open to pretty much any help I can get in finding a budget conscious site.

Re: All day wedding. Please help!

• State parks?
  • Yikes, like @atlastmrsg said, make sure everybody's up for that kind of event. I know I would have MANY family members decline, no matter how much they would want to celebrate with me.

Also, you might try posting in your local board for more responses.
    Anniversary

• I would ask this question on your local boards.  Also, I would make a room block (or two) at nearby hotels for those guests that wish to do as atlastmrsg and camp in a hotel room.  I don't camp unless it is at one of the fancy 5 star camp resorts where the tent is huge and you have air conditioning and heat and electricity and running water.

• deja0788 said:
    I need help! I live in cleveland Ohio and I'm looking for a reception site that will allow me and my 100 guest camp out over night. I'm open to pretty much any help I can get in finding a budget conscious site.
    Try posting to your local board - this one is international, so not everyone is familiar with Ohio. 

Look into venues that have campgrounds near by. I would look into private campgrounds because state and federal parks usually have a "quiet time" that private campgrounds are more lenient on... I say that if you have a party crowd. 

I'm a backpacker, camper and outdoorsy person, but I would likely NOT be excited about camping for a wedding. Some will be excited about it, but some will want a hotel. At least make sure one is nearby as an option.
    *********************************************************************************

• Private campgrounds, state parks, places like Boy Scout or YMCA camps where you can rent the whole thing.

Or if you really want to budget conscious, just have a regular 4-5 hour wedding and let your guests find their own accommodations. If you do the campground thing, you'll have to pay for the whole venue and provide dinner and breakfast.
  • edited September 2014

I'm from Cleveland, try Geneva State Lodge. They have campsites available, cabins available for rent, or guests can opt for the hotel rooms at the lodge. Beautiful beaches & lodge where the reception would be. This way you have something for lodging that will fit everyones taste for accomodations. 

Else you may want to try church owned camps but you may be limited to what you can or can't do in regards to area for food prep, indoor location due to rain and some if church owned (or even scout owned) may not allow alcohol).

Are you looking for a campground because you like the background that it would provide for your wedding or do you want it to also double for overnight stay for your guests?

Also what time of year are you planning this for? Reason I'm asking is the if it's in the summer many camps like scout owned ones or ymca ones probably won't be available because they will have overnight and/or day summer camps going on.

• Why do your guests need to camp out?  Your ceremony and reception shouldn't take more than four hours.  "All day wedding"?  Forget that shit!
    DH cannot camp out.  He needs electricity for his C-PAP machine.  I wouldn't go to this event, either.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards