Wisconsin

Festival Park

Has anyone been to a wedding or an event there? My FI and I debated about Wolfenbuttle Park in Kenosha but they only rent permits for a few hours. We don't have a DOC or anyone that could set the chairs up, and I don't think they'd let us set up the chairs and everything early in the morning this way the guys or some family can help us and this way who ever helps has time go and get ready for the wedding. So we are looking for a new spot and this spot isn't too far from our reception hall, the Masonic Center.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Festival Park

• edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding ceremony and reception at Festival Park. I have also been to many city held events there.  They have a large grassy area that faces Lake Michigan, as well as a white tent that can be used for outdoor ceremonies.

If you have any specific questions, let me know. You can also feel free to email me: schelling1685 AT gmail DOT com
  • edited December 2011
    YGPM and thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • YOu can get a permit at Wolfenbuttle for 3 hours and the rental company can set-up your chairs for a small extra fee.   OUr guys actually did set-up the chairs, they just wore their shorts and t's and then changed into their suits when they were done. (rental will tear down chairs for you)
     Wolfenbuttel is so beautiful, I wouldn't give it up over Festival park. My guess is its also wayyyyyyy more expensive.
    I called several times before our wedding to see if anyone else had booked that day and they hadn't, so we really were at the park from like 1 till a little after 5 for a 3 pm wedding.  If you book the 2-5 slot like I did or 1-4, the odds of someone one else having their wedding that day are pretty slim.

Private message me if you want to see a few pics from a summer wedding at WOlfenbuttle.  Everyone loved it.

• I was in a wedding this past summer (ceremony outside of Festival Hall and the reception inside).  The ceremony was in the grassy area facing Lake Michigan and was beautiful.    There are preparation areas inside where both the bridal party and groomsmen can get dressed prior to the ceremony.  It look place in late June, which is when the "festival season" was in full swing.  The only downside was that when we arrived an hour before the ceremony, the staff (who were in charge of setting up the chairs) were still "cleaning up".  This meant cleaning off the chairs from the outside elements until 20 mins before the ceremony was to begin.  Also, if you book there be sure to specify that you want the grass cut before the ceremony.  Us girls were trying to concentrate on not falling as we were coming up the aisle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards