Wisconsin

Picture and cocktail hour

Hi

Our wedding will start at 5:00pm on May 8th. Should we take photos before or after the ceremony (which will probably about half hour)?

We will have a one hour cocktail hour when guests enjoy drinks and hors d'oeuvres. If we take photos before the ceremony, then what should we do during this one hour? I know this question may be silly, but just wated to know your suggestions.

Thanks
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Picture and cocktail hour

• edited December 2011
    enjoy your cocktail hour with your guests :o)
  • edited December 2011
    Take your pictures earlier. Enjoy the cocktail hour with your guests as PP suggested. Mingle, greet people, thank them for joining you on your big day, enjoy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I would definitely do pictures before the ceremony.  Best light for photographers is mid-afternoon, unless you want a "dusky" look to your photos.
  • edited December 2011
    Do pictures before the cermony. If you have the limo taking you from the ceremony to the reception, why not take a longer limo ride around town with your wedding party? Or, as everyone else suggested, enjoy the cocktail hour with your guests. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    ditto on visitng with your guests.  We did cocktail hour with our 100 guests and I still didn't feel like I got to visit with everyone. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards