New Jersey

Looking for Florist & Photographer Suggestions

I am a born and raised Virginia girl marrying a born and raised Jersey boy.  Because of his love for New Jersey, and the AMAZING weddings I've attended in the Garden State, we have decided to have our wedding there!

In saying that, I have no idea what florists or photographers are in the area and are good/affordable.  I would LOVE suggestions from anyone that is from New Jersey, or any girls like me that got married/are getting married in New Jersey and found great vendors!  I appreciate any input anyone can give me :)

Re: Looking for Florist & Photographer Suggestions

• What part of NJ are you married in?

I am using Jessica Lauren Photographer for our wedding....loved her from the moment I walked into her studio...sweet and totally got my vision of classic and photojournlism wedding.  I also looked at KS Studios, Jason Rhee, and JF Photography...all great places and people

I am just starting to look into Florists and here is the 4 I will most probably meet with because I need flowers and centerpieces from the florist 
    -Avenue Flowers, Elizabeth, NJ - Family and my Church rave about Nathan
    -Flowers by Maggie - Cranford, NJ
    -Lauralwood Flowers - A few friends used them and they were beautiful flowers at each wedding
    -Pink Dahlia - some co-workers of mine told me to go to her

Good Luck!!!

• I am getting married in a church in Upper Saddle River (TBD) but then our reception is going to be at Seasons in the Township of Washington.  So pretty much going to stick in Northern New Jersey.

I will definitely look into those suggestions!!  I appreciate your help :)

• We used Bernadette Marciniak Photography for our pictures. We didn't use flowers so I can't give any recommendations for a florist. Good luck!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• The Seasons is beautiful!!! No matter who you go with you an amazing venue!!!!

• We used the markows. Love them! 
  • Thank you for all the great recommendations, now I have somewhere to start!  You all are super helpful :)
  • I used Dawn Joseph Photography and Bella Fiori for floral. Dawn and Sheena (owner of Bella fiori) have done several weddings and editorials together. 

Also check out Floral Expressions by Maria and Larry. They do gorgeous work and are located a few minutes from Seasons.  They were very reasonable for what I was looking for, but wanted a ridiculous amount to deliver to my venue that was 45-60 minutes away (even though they were on the preferred vendors list). 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MnM4ever3MnM4ever3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2014
    I'm using AW Flowers and would recommend it! Good value for your money!

For photography, I'm using ks photography and honesty, I've been having such a hard time with them that I would not recommend them.
  • We used Abella Studios for photography.  I wasn't pleased with our florist, so I won't recommend them.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used A Picturesque Memory Photography & Creative Touch for flowers.  Both Will, our photographer and Andrea, florist, were great to work with.
  • We used Avenue for our florist and they were great - and very affordable.
  • We are using Avenue also. Nathan is a bit quirky but does amazing work and is very reasonably priced.
  • I'm using Kim at Pink Dahlia for our Aug, 2015 wedding. Her work is so beautiful, colorful and elegant. She is located in Parsippany. Plus, she is really sweet too. I really felt like she understood what I want and on top of all that she also works with your budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wouldn't recommend my florist really.  My photographer was Jason Rhee and he was absolutely amazing.

Anniversary

• We're getting married in October and are using Studio A for our photography. We love Adena - she's so amazing and really works to understand your personalities to make the photos authentic.

We're using Brandywine Florals and found them to be very reasonable.
  • Yes, Jason Rhee for photography and Yumila Wedding & Events Floral Design. Both do amazing work, both work within your budget, and both unbelievably sweet...
  • My photographer and videographer is The Artist Group. I have been very happy with them so far!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • jlr92588 said:
    My photographer and videographer is The Artist Group. I have been very happy with them so far!
    I used The Artist Group!!! They were amazing!!!!  You will be soooo impressed!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wanted to add, post-wedding, not to use Brandywine. They set up our huppah in the wrong place and did not even apologize!

We LOVED Studio A - Adena was fantastic! She even helped  me with my dress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards