Not Engaged Yet
Options

OLW

It is Wednesday right?

Dear work,

I'm so over you today, can't wait to get out of here and go home for a brownie.  You are lucky I've got a 4 day weekend coming up with lots of good stuff going on.

Pissed off employee

Dear H,

The kitchen is beyond amazing.  I can't wait for the flooring to be done and and all of the renovations to be complete.  You are amazing! I'm so proud of all of the work you have done on the house.  Can our September project also include babies too? :-)

Love,

Me

Dear self,

Keep us the good work on working out and eating better.  Just ignore the scale.

Love,

Me

Dear 5pm,

You can't get here soon enough.  I'm ready to move onto from this crappy work day.

Anxious to move on

Anniversary

Re: OLW

• Options
    Dear Sinus Infection,
    GO AWAY
    No Love,
    me

Dear FI,
    No me gusta you working until 10pm tomorrow and also going in on Saturday. I'm glad they like you and are giving your more responsibility and all, but, uh, I miss you.
    All the love,
    FI

Dear gym,
    At some point in time we will reunite. Seriously. Maybe tomorrow? I just need to shake this sinus infection, and then we'll back in business.
    Feeling flabby,
    me

Dear work,
    Our technology issues are getting ridiculous. Every week it's something new... I mean, I'm basically sitting at my desk doing nothing because the CRM doesn't work. Can we please get our shit together?
    Frustratingly yours,
    me

Dear Money,
    Please grow on trees.
    Tired of feeling broke,
    me

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Dear @Ollie08,

Seventeen days!!!!!!

----------
    Dear J,

I know that you want picking up rings to be a nice thing we do together, and I know that you're not always in the mood to address invitations. But we don't need to pick up the rings together and my schedule is really hectic, so either pick them up alone, or be ready to pick them up after work when I'm ready to go. And since I'm the one actually addressing the invitations, maybe you should be ready for that when I am?

----------
    Dear zits,

Go away! 
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Dear @lilacck28,
    Thank you for telling me to go to the dermatologist. I felt dumb asking them about hair and so I was resisting. Your little push made me do it.
    Love,
    NEY'r who needed a push from the outside

Dear Workweek,
    Please hurry up and be done. I have stuff to do at work, but am feeling very unmotivated. Thank goodness I'm taking off next week.
    Love,
    Unmotivated worker

Dear Hair,
    Please hurry up and stop shedding and start growing back out.
    Thank you,
    Self-conscious

Dear SO,
    I hate the house that you love, even though you don't really love it. However, I support you and totally understand your reasons for wanting it and they are "acceptable", so here's to buying a crappy house.
    Love,
    Me

Dear Owner of Said Crappy House,
    Please figure out what you are going to do and hurry up about it. I dislike being in some weird limbo where I don't know what you are doing.
    Love,
    Impatient Person

Dear NEY,
    I don't post consistently, but I lurk everyday. I just want to say you guys are an awesome group of people and I love seeing the interactions and support that you all give each other. I'm trying to be better about integrating myself.
    Love,
    Me

• Options
    edited August 2014
    dear new job, I am not supposed to be a Java developer. WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME BE A JAVA DEVELOPER?!?!?!? sigh, Coco
  • Options

Dear NEYrs,

You gals rock, thank you for all the love and support you give me and each other.

-Girl who always reads "OLW" as "OWL" (and one time spelled it that way and got caught) @cu97tiger ;)

-------------------------------------------

Dear Family,

Please be sane the rest of this week under the stress of a funeral.

-Picked a Bad Week to Give Up Wine

--------------------------------------------

Dear H,

Why are you so cute? And why are we giving up wine during the week?

-Love you anyways.

• Options
    Dear DH's "Potential New Job",

For fuck's sake, can you PLEASE just MAKE UP YOUR MIND AND GIVE US SPECIFICS.  DH got back from meeting with you in Boston TWO WEEKS AGO.  As it stands I have no idea IF you'll be hiring him, or WHEN we'd be moving?  And I just want to know.

Signed,
    Frustrated and Impatient
    -------------

Dear DH,

I'm so frustrated and annoyed with everything lately that I know I'm taking it out on you.  Please don't make it easy bait by telling me on Wednesday that you'll be working on Sunday.

Also, I've been trying really hard not to be ON you constantly about this job thing.  But FFS, get some answers.

Love,

Your frustrated wife.
    ---------

Dear Work,

I am so overwhelmed and so unable to focus.  Bad combination.

Signed,
    Employee who just wants to cry under her desk
    --------------------

Dear Family,

You fucking suck.  It'd be super nice to get some support, but nope.  I get you gems to deal with.  I wonder what contest in hell I won.

Shoes
    -----------------------

Dear Self,

You've gotta be more positive.  And you've gotta get through it.  If DH doesn't hear back from this job THIS WEEK, you're going into therapy in Chicago...potential move be damned.

Self.
  • Options
    Dear FI,
    Thank you for putting up with my anxiousness. Or, as you put it "you are at a constant state of low grade anxiety/ overthinking. When you think you're anxious, you're over the top compared to the average person." THANK YOU for dealing with that. I'm sorry I'm exposing you to it. 
    love,
    your so grateful, so in love, lovey
    lilacck
    Why did you raise me with a constant level of stress and tension and "YOU MUST BE THE BEST OR ELSE LIFE WILL SUCK" and "THE WORLD IS OUT TO GET YOU" and "WE COULD BE IN THE POORHOUSE AT ANY MOMENT DESPITE THE FACT THAT WE HAVE AN AWESOME CAREER AND ARE MAKING MORE THAN MOST PEOPLE"? 

I didn't realize it wasn't normal until I met FI and his family. They have their faults too... but the stress? the anxiety? not there. 

I wish it had been a little different,
    your stressed daughter

Dear parents,
    Thank you for supporting me. And providing me with an amazing life, and the means to get a great education. And pushing me to do well. But mostly for telling me it will all be okay whether this new job works out or not, and that you support me no matter what. And that if I have to quit on the first day, then so be it. And for telling me that I'll be able to figure the job out. I don't believe you just yet, because I never feel like I can do something until I do it,  but thanks. 

love,
    your very appreciative daughter

Dear real life friends,
    thank you for reminding me that I have a life! And that regardless of job things, I have people that I can talk to and have fun with, and it will all be fine. 

I'm sorry I sent you so many text messages at once,
    M

all the loves,
    lilacck28

• Options
    @thetimewillcome I'm so glad you went! Did they come up with any solutions for you? And even if they didn't, in my experience, just going to the thing you were avoiding ends up feeling great because it was an accomplishment and a stress you finally removed from the back of your mind. I hope htis was the case for you. 
  • Options
    Adding one...

Dear FI,
    YOU ARE THE CUTEST THING EVER! Seriously! I love how the past few weeks you've been extra cuddly and sweet. Like, when I do something silly and say, "YOU LOVE ME!" your reply is now, "With all my heart." Or how I just asked you if you wanted me to make you corn dogs for dinner or actually cook, and your response is, "3 corny dogs, 1 goobie please. Hold the onions." How'd you get to be so darn cute? 
    Infinite cuddles!
    FI

• Options

Dear gym,

I missed you! I think. I'm not a fan of this achiness, or the reminder of how out of shape I am, but I feel like I've finally done something for myself this week, and that's good.

Love,

CLo

Dear school and board of nursing,

PLEASE RELEASE ME SO I CAN TAKE THIS TEST ALREADY! For goodness' sake I'm about to forget everything I just spent 14 months learning, and I. WANT. A JOB.

No love,

Ready to get this show on the road so the rest of my life can get to going

Dear self,

You have done an awesome job creating your little budgeting spreadsheets! Now we've actually got a handle on this financial situation. Just please-please-please stick to the plan, we can get back on track in no time if you just follow the plan!

Love,

This means we have to split up with Chick-fil-A, but that's OK since you're going to start cooking more. RIGHT?

Dear C,

I know we've been friends and all for the past few months, but I've got admit, I've enjoyed these past few weeks of our life schedules NOT allowing any visitation. We split for a good reason, and the time we spent apart has taught me that we are even more different than I thought. I think you're a good person and will be the right man for somebody, but that's not me, and I'm not sure you are totally accepting that even thought you claim to. Maybe we need to be more just friendly than actual friends?

Me

Dear everyone at work,

You guys are so awesome. It was so sweet of you all to get together and get me nice new supplies for my first RN job! I am going to miss everyone so much when I have to move on!

Love,

Your little girl all grown up!

• Options
    @lilacck28 She gave me some stuff to help stimulate hair growth and told me to take some specific vitamins. She essentially said that since the medication is probably causing it and I'm going to be off that in November, that she doesn't want to do anything too drastic. But I did feel better just going since it was all I could think about (exaggeration obviously), and now it's done (so like you said). Andplusalso, she confirmed that I wasn't crazy and I really was losing my hair. Of course, I have lost so much (probably 3/4, which is not an exaggeration), that it was hard to believe that I was imagining it.
  • Options
    Dear NEY,
    I feel so bad that I haven't been around lately. This job transition has really been taking it out of me - I'm so drained every day right now.
    Love,
    Stitches
    ---
    Dear old job,
    I'm getting really tired of being here every night until insane o'clock. You end Friday - how is it I have so much work left to do to finish up?
    No love,
    Want to go home by midnight tonight
    ---
    Dear new job,
    Could you have held off on being overwhelming until after the overlap was done, especially when you knew there was an overlap? It's one department to another, I thought there would be more understanding.
    Love,
    You're still pretty awesome even if you're helping kill me
    ---
    Dear FI,
    Thanks for helping to pick up the slack. There will be more help after Friday/this weekend from me depending on exactly when things finish up.
    Love,
    FI
    ---
    Dear dining center,
    Thank goodness someone cooks for me besides me.
    Love,
    Grateful happy student
    ---
    Dear cats,
    Sort out your own issues without yowling and hissing and fighting, please.
    Love,
    Mom who has no time
    ---
    Dear childhood cat,
    You came through surgery like a champ!! Your head is also shaved now, which is hilarious. I hope the bump on your head goes away permanently now.
    Love,
    Your furless sister (he was always called my furry brother growing up)
  • Options
    I have 4 minutes left here until it isn't OLW anymore.

Dear FI,

27 DAYS OMG

Love, FI

Dear wedding dress,

I love you and miss having you around. Fit me perfect next week, ok?

- Almost bride

Dear families,

I'm glad you're all excited about the wedding but I can't plan everything for everyone. I provided a ridiculously long document covering most of the need to know things. That you all asked for. That took me hours to write. Please use it?

- Stressed out

Dear venue wedding coordinator,

How awesome are you?! You've answered all my questions so promptly and are totally going above and beyond for us already. You are so much more helpful than our previous contact and you sound like a cool guy. Thank you for wanting to help make things easier for us instead of just saying no.

- Impressed and grateful bride
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I feel like I've done Open Letter Thursday for like the past 2 weeks lol.

Dear Maddux,

Daddy showed me your training progress yesterday and I'm very proud of you! Now we just need to work on your biting! I realize now you're super smart so we CAN DO THIS!

Love,
    Your furmommy

I can't wait for your Bachelorette Party in a couple weeks! It's going to be a blast!

Love,
    Your MOH

Dear job,

Thank you for letting me work from home so much! It really helps me stay calm and not go crazy sitting at my desk all day long and not being able to extra things done around the house.

Love,
    Happy employee

• Options

Dear OLW,

I don't care that it isn't actually Wednesday anymore, I'm playing anyways!

Love, lmc

---------------------------------

Dear vacation,

I want you back.

Missing you dearly, girl who hates catching up at work

Dear houses we saw last night,

What was wrong with you all? Middle of nowhere or built for miniature people or in need of some serious reno work or a huge waste of space. None of you win, we will not live in any of you.

No love, back to the drawing board

Dear FI,

I know you can do whatever you want at work...but I can't spend my whole day looking at house listings! I love that you are doing a lot of this legwork though, so thank you, even though you're driving me a bit crazy sending me listing numbers every hour. Since you have all of this free time, do you think you could also contact some of those DJs that you were supposed to email weeks ago? Maybe? Please?

Love, your FI

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014

Dear Open Letter Wednesday Thursday,

Sorry I'm not sorry that I'm a slacker.

Love, LaPeanut

~~~

Dear @southernpeach89,

Omg bachelorette! I can't believe it's almost here! I am getting my hair and make-up done RIGHT before everything too so I am going to look super gorgeous and amaze-face!

Love, your sister who doesn't want to be draped in penii please!

~~~

Dear FI,

I LOVE YOU! Even when you make me late in the morning with silly requests to find random things for you because you've already left for work. Sort of sorry I couldn't find the thing you needed, but it's no big deal, you can just bring it to work tomorrow.

Love, your future wife (51 days!!!)

~~~

Dear RSVPer's,

Thank you for replying so promptly! Now if the rest of you would get that little sheet of paper in the mail that'd be great! I've already stamped and addressed it for you so I swear it isn't that hard! To those 48 of you coming so far - yay! I can't wait! Please don't change your RSVP last minute!

kthxbai, the bride

~~~

Dear NEY,

Whenever I type out "That'd be great" I always say it with this guy's voice in my head. Please tell me I'm not the only one?

• Options

Dear NEY,

Whenever I type out "That'd be great" I always say it with this guy's voice in my head. Please tell me I'm not the only one?

@LaPeanut1018 - Nope, definitely not the only one! I say it like that alll the time!

• Options

Dear body,
    Please stop getting sick. I can not miss any more work because of this.
    Fed up,
    Me

-----------

Dear BF,
    I wish you would stop complaining that you have no one to go to the football game with today. I am sorry that you're upset, and you know I would go with you if I could, but I can't. I'm sorry your friends flaked on you and now you may have to go alone. I really don't know what else to tell you.
    Lost for words,
    Me

------------

Dear kitten, Oscar,
    If you do not learn what "no" means soon, I don't know what I am going to do with you! You harrass and scratch me, BF, and your older sister so much that it is no longer cute or acceptable. Also, running accross my face and chest while I'm sleeping is just an awful thing for you to do.
    Tired and cranky,
    Me.

• Options
    @ashleybunny8 It's okay, it's only the Jaguars :)  So much love, but so much not love for the Jags.  I really DO hope you feel better soon and your body starts not breaking down all the time!

Love,
    Avid colts fan

I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards