Not Engaged Yet

Thursday Chat!!!

Re: Thursday Chat!!!

• @Swazzle - I love the idea of tomato sauce.  I will try that next time!
  • This week has definitely been dragging for me too.
    Tomorrow night I'm probably just going to work out and then have a couch night, watch TLC and waste time on Pinterest.
    Saturday I'm going to the beach with my friend and then going back to the place where FI and I are doing our e-pics to scope out some more spots. 

Sunday I'll probably clean the living room. I'm trying to do a really good clean of one room per weekend.

Monday I'm off for the holiday so I'll actually get to spend the day with FI since he has Mondays off. I'm going to try to get him to organize some things with me and put some stuff up on the walls.

I am looking forward to fall but can we just skip winter?? please?? I effing HATE winter.

• Let me add to the maiden/married name discussion...

If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have changed my name.  It was a pain in the ass, and is likely still not changed everywhere.

I like my new name, but my work (retail, so not my forever job) took FOUR MONTHS to change my name (it's still not changed on my W-4, but that's all electronic so it won't take very long to do...hopefully).  Yea.  I get annoyed when people call me the wrong name, obviously.

Then we moved and I had to switch everything to the new address and that just isn't done yet.  I'm working on it!  Slowly.
    Huh I had no problems at all changing mine. Honestly, the whole process was 100% less painful than I expected it to be. I wonder why you've had so much trouble.

• @LivLeighton - Oh man, what an absolute DOUCHE. I'm sorry :( 

• @LivLeighton... I am actually speechless.  How can ANYONE ever think that is an acceptable way to behave on a date?

I just...cannot.
  • @livleighton WHAT A WINNER. Holy fucking shit. I can't even.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @Livleighton -OMG I'm so sorry you had to sit through an evening of that. How awful!
  • On the name-change thing, yeah, I had a hard time with it.  I had been in my career for a long time with it and have written articles with it so it confused a lot of people when I switched.  I think if I had hyphenated it though people's heads would have exploded trying to figure it out (maiden and married names are very foreign sounding and hard to pronounce). I'm honestly still getting used to my married name.

@LivLeighton - Shoot!  I was hoping this date would be good.  I'm sorry...he sounds like an ass.  I don't blame you one bit for wanting to take a break.  Hugs.

@CocoBellaF - Yummm, food truck festival.  What is your favorite one that is going to be there?

@lmcooper86 - 6 Jesus pictures would freak me out and I'm religious.

-----------------------------------------

I'm looking forward to tonight.  I haven't slept in in months so I would like to sleep in tomorrow because I'm working remote.  I doubt I will be able to though because H has to get up and he doesn't exactly do it quietly....more like stomping aorund and asking me "where is my X".  Sigh. 

Tonight I'm picking up all the ingredients I need for food for the funeral and tomorrow I'm cooking all day as well as working remote.  I'm looking forward to the cooking as it relaxes me.

Saturday is the funeral.  H and I are going to Home Depot early in the morning to check out Labor Day sales then headed home and getting ready for the funeral.  After that, I'll be wiped.

Sunday H and I are finishing our fence.  Monday H and I are shopping for ALL the things for kitchen, bathroom remodels and all the lawn stuff we didn't need in Chicago AND doing more floor work.  I'm tired thinking about it. 

• geez, @LivLeighton.  that makes my head spin.

@minskat30 - there is a pizza truck that comes from 2 hours away, and it is FABULOUS.  they have some new trucks that will be there, so we might try one or two of those!
  • @LivLeighton OMG! I am so sorry! What a douchebag! I was really hoping the date would turn out better than your expectations...but holy shit!

• @Swazzle I KNOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! :D:D:D I can't even wrap my head around it!!!
    Anniversary

• @Livleighton I'm sorry about the bad dates :-(

@Blue & White The name change process was pretty easy for me, some of my accounts still haven't been updated, but most have.  It's mostly just the time it's taken to really convert everything over, I never realized how many different accounts and such I had.  I still haven't done my passport yet, but I'll do that in September sometime. 

Anniversary

• @LivLeighton‌ you need to write a book on your experiences. No joke
  • Thanks for being equally annoyed at the garbage can comment as I was, ladies!!

She has just been exhausting, when I declined the ALS ice bucket challenge she nominated me for (I'm already donating and doing a 5k) she said "if I have to go all the way to Mexico to not be in your wedding you can do this for me!" My wedding is a year away, I could not be more thankful that I'm not having a big wedding:-/
  • @LivLeighton - Whaaaaaaa?!   CRAZY!!

Anniversary
  • Haven't had a chance to read yet because I've been busy all morning with WR stuff. The day we announced our engagement on FB, one of my cousins offered to make my bouquets for me. She's really excited about it and sent me tons of examples of stuff she's done/can do. At the time, I was really overwhelmed and hadn't even thought about WR details, so I politely told her I'd get back to her later. The day we left for Cancun, she posted on my FB about it again, but I again told her that since we had more than a year to go, we hadn't even thought about serious wedding planning stuff. Well, last night she posted on my FB again about it saying that she was doing two other weddings and just wanted to order everything together so she could work on it all over the year. At first I was annoyed because I felt badgered, but then it dawned on me that a family member was offering to do something incredibly sweet, complicated, and time consuming for me for dirt cheap, so I should probably take her up on it and just figure out this stuff now. So, all morning I've been talking with her about bouquets and trying to figure out what I want... I honestly had given bouquets no thought until now, so Google has been my BFF. She doesn't need like complete, final details right this  moment... she just needs to know that A. I'm going to take her up on her offer, B. the number of bouquets I need, and C. my colors. She's really talented and crafty, so I'm pretty pumped. Plus, she's seriously saving me shit tons of money. She said she'll make my bouquet for free as the wedding gift, and then she'll charge me like $150 at the max in total for the rest of the bouquets. I mean, I can't refuse that! HERE is an example pre-Swarovski bling of a bouquet she did last year for her SIL... it's made of melted spoons that she painted.

But ahhh now I have to try and get work done while looking up bouquets lol. 

Also, started reading 11/22/63 yesterday, and I really like it! I'm not allowed to read it before bed though... it wakes me up and then I want to stay up all night reading it. Oops.

Ugggh inbox is filling up and I don't want to do anything but look at bouquets. Will catch up on everything here during my lunch break!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @CocoBellaF - I may have to look into other options if my work won't pay. I won't if those groupons work in Canada...might check it out, thanks!

@Peaseblossom55 - I am due for a big cooking day, I need to restock my freezer so FI and I don't need to pick up takeout so often. I have some fantastic soup recipes if you're interested :)

@Swazzle - I would love if we could take an afternoon to look at places, but FI can't really take time away from work right now, and I'm trying to hoard my vacation time so that we can take 2 weeks for our HM next year like he wants to! The idea of being responsible for an entire house it a bit weird to me too, I hear you.

@BreMR - WTF? Rude much? Although if you have the wedding in a garbage can it would be too small for you to invite anyone and then she couldn't come...

@Dignity100 - Thank you, I hope so too! FI sent me 3 new listings today that all look better and are in an area that we like, so that might be some progress!

@severmilli12 - AH ONE WEEK! That is so exciting!!

@LivLeighton - EW. Ew ew ew ew ew. That is brutal and terrible and wow what an asshole. I'm sorry that that was your evening :( 2 of my friends also met their SO online, and we have been saying for ages that we could fully write a book on our terrible dating experiences.

@minskat30 - Yeah, FI and I are church people too, but the number of Jesus pictures and crucifixes and other religious stuff was a bit over the top! I was very glad that the owners weren't home, I couldn't stop laughing about it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @LivLeighton, I second the idea for writing a book! I'd be taking a break too. I have nothing against online dating but I'm a big believer that a lot of times love happens when you're not looking for it and least expecting it. 

I'm looking forward to changing my last name though even though I'm still going to have the same initial so it's kinda boring. It's another boring last name too, but I've always like the idea of having my husbands last name. I'll probably use one of those name changing services to do it.
    This reminds me that I have to see when my passport expires. I think it's sometime next year and I'll need a passport for the honeymoon as we're most likely going out of the country. I don't know when we're going to go on the honeymoon though so I don't know if my name will be changed already. Going to write myself a reminder to check on this now. 

• @lavenderfields13 - If your passport expires and you renew it under your maiden name, you can get a new one for free for up to a year after your wedding if you change your name. 

• @Lavenderfields13 I had to renew my passport in March and I'm about to get a new one because of the name change and everything I've researched says its free.

@Lmcooper86 if you have any vegan soup recipes send them my way!

Anniversary

• edited August 2014
    @Swazzle @Peaseblossom55 thanks for the info!

• @LivLeighton I can't even! One of my bridesmaids is a post doc at Cornell and sure, it's not HARVARD but um...she's completely well behaved and doesn't bash people or her field ever. She even apologizes if our whole conversation is about the lab, lol. I met her in our PhD program, so obviously I know what she's talking about haha. I love her. I do not love said douche who was a douche to you. @swazzle yea, I really have no idea. The worst was changing my names on my stocks (in fact, I've only changed one because it was such a pain in the ass). The DMV was pretty much the easiest because I had JUST verified my identity when we moved (FL is switching to those fancy verified-ID DLs or something like that...you have to bring 27 forms of ID to get a DL these days) so I just had to verify my name change. It took almost 3 weeks to get our marriage certificate from the state of Virginia because they were SUPER SLOW so I think that was just annoying because I wanted to be Mrs Married but I was still technically Ms Maiden.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @Hummingbird125 September is going to be fantastic for you. So jealous! You guys are going to have so much fun in NOLA. Eat a beignet for me!

@southernpeach89 OMG, day 2 after leg day is always the worst. Those are the days my foam roller becomes my best friend. Good luck tonight!

@CocoBellaF I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow! Food truck festivals are so fun and delicious. Om nom nom.

@thetimewillcome Learning how to quilt is on my list of things To Do. Post pics when you finish! 

@Dignity100 I hope you're able to get a lot done today! 

@peaseblossom55 So, I mean, I'm of course excited for you to finish your kitchen, but I'll be honest-- it's your closet that I'm jumping up and down about. It's going to be amazing! 

@BreMR WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!!!

@severmilli12 Dude. DUDE! It's your last weekend as an unmarried couple. Eek! So excited for you guys! I'll probably be posting stuff like this all next week for you, so I mean, feel free to ignore me haha.

@tuarceatha YAY for vacation with @cu97tiger! Y'all are going to have so much fun!

@LivLeighton Uh.. wtf. I don't even know what to do with idiots like that. At least it makes for a good story?

Re: Changing your name... I personally can't wait to change mind. My name is always mispronounced, and I have a weird relationship with my dad's side of the family. My mom remarried when I was 5, so we haven't had the same last name in 20 years. FI's last name is simple, easy to pronounce, yet still not suuuuper common. I'm all for it. Has anyone ever used that Ms. to Mrs. service that does it all for you? Are those things legit?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @eilis1228 Definitely will do. I've done some baby quilts (4 or 5) and I just finished a big person quilt (108"x126") for my dad for Christmas that I'm pretty stoked about. I was really glad I started with the baby quilts, since a) I taught myself and b) I think if I would have started with the big person quilt I would have been quickly overwhelmed.
  • This week has been meh. I've got some sort of cold/allergy/stomach bug thing and it's awful.

Tomorrow night will most likely be grocery shopping and nothing else. Most of our friends are going out of town for a con and we can't go due to money issues that happened earlier this month. :(

Saturday afternoon we have a birthday party for a friend's girlfriend. I've met her a couple times, she's really quiet, but super nice. I'm making some cupcakes for the party. Then, Saturday evening we have our fantasy football draft. It'll be my first one and since I'm not real big into following stats and players I don't really know who I will pick yet...

Sunday will hopefully be a lazy day. I'll be buying some new baking supplies and BF and I will most likely go out for brunch with another couple or two, and spend the day by the pool. Sunday night karaoke, like always, and my mom will be joining us this week!

Since we have the day off on Monday, I really don't know what we'll be doing. Hopefully another lazy day or a pool day!

• @eilis1228 I'm excited about the closets too, although we agreed even though we are starting it next month sometime it will be an expensive project we will probably piecemeal over the next few months by working one wall at a time.  The dream was the closet from the Sex and the City movie but we're not going to even be close to that....

Anniversary

• @LivLeighton You're hot. Guys, even DUMB guys, are attracted to that! Heck, so are girls! I recommend the random old acquaintance or acquaintance once removed (my H is my BFF's old HS boyfriend, but I didn't hang out with him at all in HS lol)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards