Second Weddings

Box for cards?

Since this is my 2nd wedding and will be in my early 50's, I shouldn't have to worry about having a box to hold cards correct? I don't want to presume I'm going to get any so that is why I'm thinking I don't need one. Any opinions or suggestions? Tia
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Box for cards?

• There are many first marriage couples who choose not to have a box, so it's not something that is required regardless of the number of marriages :) It's a personal preference, but I think you'll find that most people will want to congratulate you with a card at the very least. So, you may want to consider chatting with the reception venue as to where cards typically go to ensure you won't have any issues if you don't have a box. 

• @Jells2dot0‌ thanks for that info. I don't mind having a box I just wasn't sure if it was appropriate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We were on the fence about having a card box as well and ultimately decided to have one.  We didn't want to seem presumptuous but my family is big into giving cards even if they're just cards (which would be absolutely fine with us).  

I thought about just putting a basket out somewhere but then decided on this DIY project  http://www.projectwedding.com/ideas/101343/diy-photo-cardbox-instructions

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards