Hawaii

Maui Wedding Vendor Review

I wanted to write vendor reviews since reading them on this site really helped me choose all of our vendors.  I hope this helps someone in the future.  All of our vendors were great and I would definitely recommend all of them for anyone planning a wedding.  We also did our wedding on budget and felt like we had everything we wanted and still were able to save money.  Our photographer was from Oregon, so if you need a photographer in Oregon, I would definitely recommend Ray Hall; Ray Hall Photography.  I haven’t seen the pictures yet, but he did a great job making us feel at ease and taking a lot of pictures.  He told me he took 1300 pictures at our wedding!  I can’t wait to see them!  We also placed an order with Leoda’s Kitchen and Pie Shop for lunch the day of the wedding.  We placed it the day before and they had it all ready for us to pick up the day of the wedding.  The food was great and perfect to keep us all fed before the ceremony. 

This location is absolutely stunning.  The house is available for the wedding party to get ready in.  We all got ready on the lanai facing the ocean and it was so peaceful and relaxing. This location is not visible from the road so it feels very private.  When all the lights, chairs, archway, etc were all set up, it truly transformed into a magical place where we were getting married.  Guests all commented on how it was the most beautiful wedding they had been to.  The sunset made it even that much better.  I am so happy we chose this location.  We did book over a year in advance as I think it fills up fast. 

Wedding Planner:  Tina Digman; Food For The Soul

I had read many reviews on Tina’s services through the knot and decided to contact her to see if she could help plan our wedding.  From the moment I talked to her on the phone, she was very kind and I felt very comfortable with her.  Throughout the planning process Tina was very attentive and would respond to any emails promptly.  The day of the wedding everything was seamless and Tina was there with her assistant Suzanne making the whole day flow perfectly.  I am glad I hired a wedding planner as we are from Oregon.  I am a planner myself, but the details of the wedding day and vendor coordination were great to not have to stress about.  Tina also coordinated the cake so I did not have to worry about contacting someone for this which helped out great.  The cake turned out amazing too.  I think it was from Cake Fanatics. 

Caterer:  Food For the Soul

Amazing food.  All of our guests talked about how great the food was.  Some of my friends said it was the best curry they had ever had.  We had some light appetizers and my favorite was the baked brie.  For dinner we had prime rib, herb roasted chicken, and vegetable curry as our main dishes.  Everyone commented on how great all three were.  My husband loved the wasabi mashed potatoes.  As for drinks, Tina gave us a list to buy at Costco.  We saved a lot of money by being able to bring in our own alcohol.  This worked out great. 

Hair and Makeup:  Cherie; Bridal Hair on Maui

Cherie was such a pleasure to work with.  I had a trial done with Cherie a few days before my wedding.  She made me feel so comfortable and at ease when I met her.  Cherie listened to what I wanted and I felt beautiful.  Cherie arrived at Olowalu before 10am and was ready to start on my mom’s hair and makeup.  My mom never wears makeup and Cherie did a great job of making her look natural and beautiful.  Cherie also did my MOH hair and makeup and it looked perfect too.  I was so happy that I hired Cherie.  She was so easy to work with and we all felt beautiful for the day!

Flowers:  Valerie Spalding; Maui Wedding Flowers

Val was easy to work with and the flowers were beautiful.  She also worked with my budget and made some beautiful arrangements for a great price.  I made last minute changes to the bridesmaid bouquets and Val handled it with ease.  We had flowers for our hair and orchids for all the napkins which just made a nice touch to the tables.  We also did a lei exchange and she had beautiful leis for us that we have kept and took home with us to have forever (dried now).

Officiant:  Pia Aluli

Pia was a pleasure to work with.  He met us a few days before our wedding and we were able to get to know him and have him get to know us.  We went over the ceremony and he went over what he would say and other details we needed to know.  Pia arrived to the venue on time and performed a memorable and special ceremony.  He did a Hawaiian chant for us to open up our ceremony as well as blowing the conch shell before I walked to my future husband.  Our guests commented to us saying that he did a great job and was a great choice. 

DJ:  DJ Dan Viola

Dan was such a great DJ.  He provided us music for our ceremony as well as the reception.  Dan was very prompt to respond to emails and any questions I had along the way.  The music for the ceremony was perfect.  We gave him the music choices, but he made it flow perfectly.  For the reception we gave him a list of songs that were must plays and he played those along with playing great music to keep us all dancing.  Dan did a great job being MC throughout the night too.  Great choice going with DJ Dan.

Re: Maui Wedding Vendor Review

• Thanks for posting! I'm so pleased to hear how happy you were. We are getting married in March at Olowalu, using Tina and Food For The Soul and Pia is our officiant. I'm not sure about the flowers or cake yet but will go with whoever Tina recommends.
  • Kimberly I think you will be very happy.  Let me know if you have any other questions leading up; happy to help!

• Awesome. Thank you so much.
  • @emarsh21 How was the temperature inside the house at Olowalu?  I am worried about getting ready and sweating my makeup off!  I am getting married there in 6 weeks.
  • @itsmestacey123 the temp was warm and I was worried as well. I rented an a/c through Tina. It kept at least one room cool. We kept the door open to the lanai in the front room to get the breeze. We were happy to have it in one of the rooms. The guys not so lucky and were thankful when we said they could go into that room. I would recommend renting one if you are worried to have the peace of mind you have some place to cool off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards