Chit Chat

Kind of upset....

Re: Kind of upset....

• aleighc3 said:
    RajahBMFD said:
    Can we please stop with the "men can't read between lines" and other shit? Anyone who lacks mind reading capabilities would have trouble figuring out that she's upset over the ring not being cleaned. He probably just figured it was worth the sentimental value and didn't think to clean it. This has nothing to do with his sex and everything to do with her inability to communicate with him.
    So  was I supposed to say " thank you for the ring but it's too dusty and not my size..."?
    Thank you so much! I can't wait to be able to wear it. When can we take it to get resized?
  • lc07 said:
    aleighc3 said:
    RajahBMFD said:
    Can we please stop with the "men can't read between lines" and other shit? Anyone who lacks mind reading capabilities would have trouble figuring out that she's upset over the ring not being cleaned. He probably just figured it was worth the sentimental value and didn't think to clean it. This has nothing to do with his sex and everything to do with her inability to communicate with him.
    So  was I supposed to say " thank you for the ring but it's too dusty and not my size..."?
    Thank you so much! I can't wait to be able to wear it. When can we take it to get resized?
    that's what I said almost a year ago...
  • AddieCake said:
    I call bullshit. I don't believe this post for a second. Who would honestly sit around silently waiting for a ring to get resized for any length of time and not speak up or just take care of it? How hard is that to figure out? 

You have a history of being nasty to people here and of arguing just to argue. This post just seems like another way to exasperate people or open a door to start some kind of drama. 
    Sorry to disapoint you, but this is true. Maybe, since you don't "like me", you could stay away from my posts then...just a thought...
  • aleighc3 said:
    AddieCake said:
    I call bullshit. I don't believe this post for a second. Who would honestly sit around silently waiting for a ring to get resized for any length of time and not speak up or just take care of it? How hard is that to figure out? 

You have a history of being nasty to people here and of arguing just to argue. This post just seems like another way to exasperate people or open a door to start some kind of drama. 
    Sorry to disapoint you, but this is true. Maybe, since you don't "like me", you could stay away from my posts then...just a thought...
    Sweetheart, you posted on a public forum, so you don't get to dictate who answers and what they say. 

I seriously don't understand the problem. My H isn't a mind reader. I would like an inexpensive wedding band to wear at home (I take my actual set off) and the gym. My H would have NO FUCKING CLUE unless I told him that I wanted one. 
  • I went and got my ring re-sized myself... I figure it was the least I could do after my fi went through all of the trouble of getting it for me.

• @MagicInk‌ you , me and @beethery need to get smashed together. Then we can give drunk advice. Ooh like a call-in radio show, but with margaritas!

Can I join? 

Fi just told me to have a "nightcap" his words because I'm sick and he thinks it will help me sleep better.

Absolutely!

• ok just forget it...
  • OP whether people "like you" or not, the advice would be the same as what you've already gotten. Either tell your FI explicitly "my ring needs to be sized and cleaned before I can wear it. We need to go to the jeweler on (day) and it will cost around $30," or just do it yourself. NBD.

• aleighc3 said:
    lc07 said:
    aleighc3 said:
    RajahBMFD said:
    that's what I said almost a year ago...
    And in all that time, you didn't just go?

Are you twelve?
  • These fucking ellipses makes me want to claw my eyes out.

Thank you!! There used to be a lady at work that would put approximately 20 periods after her sentences. Drove me bonkers.
    Thank you!! There used to be a lady at work that would put approximately 20 periods after her sentences. Drove me bonkers.
    Bahahaha!  I have to admit that I am guilty of excessive ellipses use.  My brother gets so pissed when I use them in text. 

He's like, "You're ending a thought.  Use a period!  Commas and semi-colons are also your friends!!"

• Actions speak louder than words.
    go for it.
    Was that called for?
  • oh, ok. Just making sure.
  • OP, I understand where you are coming from here.  However, I think you need to open up the ring conversation again and tell him how you are feeling about all this.  Holding everything in is not healthy; you are going to marry this man, so you should be able to talk about something like this.
  • AddieCake said:
    Whether or not I like you is irrelevant to my advice and my thoughts on the matter. It's allegedly been nearly A YEAR since you got a ring that doesn't fit, and you claim you don't know what to do? After A YEAR, you can't figure out to either bring it up or do it yourself and need to ask internet strangers what to do? Please.
    I didn't say I didn't know what to do..I never said I could not figure it out. Seriously, what is your problem? It was more of a vent....please.
  • Where was I mean at all? Actually, you know what? I know where this is going, and I'm not going to give you anymore to feed off of. Don't waste your precious time relying, as I won't be back. Good day.
  • My problem is exactly what I stated earlier. As LoLo said, your OP clearly states, "What should I do?" So that, quite obviously, would be you implying you don't know what to do. You have proven with several of your replies in this thread exactly what I pointed out about you.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Telling Shrek to gouge her eyes out - not nice.

• If I were her FI I'd be wondering why she never wore the ring. At this point I'd be thinking she didn't like it :(

Hope she gets it fixed before they go to the courthouse!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • SammiNJonniSammiNJonni member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2014
    If I were her FI I'd be wondering why she never wore the ring. At this point I'd be thinking she didn't like it :( Hope she gets it fixed before they go to the courthouse!
    This after a year as her FI I would think she hated the ring since she doesn't wear it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • To me, a vent is more when life is just sucking and there's nothing to do about it, or the solution isn't terribly simple.

Here's my vent: I just had to deal with a roach infestation, because my neighbor is a disgusting slob. And now my landlord won't spray the entire building and evict the slob, so I have to start a big legal battle to either force the landlord by way of the city and the courts or break my lease.

Your "vent"? It's like a person who goes "Ugh, I have dragon breath this morning"

So go brush your teeth.

I still have to get my rings re-dipped and soldered together. If I really wanted it done, I would just say "H, pick a day to go do that this week". I wouldn't pout about it for a YEAR.
    Hey @pinkrevenge, I totally gave you a simple solution to that. Just burn the place down. Gosh, easy peasy. ;)
    Get your shit out first though. Life is so much easier when you have your shit. :D
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards