Not Engaged Yet

Trying to be patient // THE WAIT IS OVER!

Re: Trying to be patient // THE WAIT IS OVER!

• In February 2009 we sat down and discussed marriage so we were on the same page.  We went looking at rings and all that lovely jazz.  I got engaged March 2013.  Some people say "Wow!  That took long enough!" but I was distracted with life, enjoying my relationship, and just having fun.  I was not defining myself by the title of our relationship and because of that we weren't feeling any pressure.  The right time will arrive and you'll feel silly for being so wound up about it.  I'll admit, an anniversary would come and go and I'd wonder a little but I was okay.  Sure, my story isn't typical or maybe I'm super laid back, but your time will come.

You'll be fine :)  May I suggest crochet and Netflix?  :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm kind of in the same boat...kind of. For awhile, BF spent a decent amount of time asking about what I wanted my ring to look like (he went as far as asking me to send him a picture of what I wanted!), talking about our wedding in detail (who would be in the wedding party, what damn color ties his groomsmen would wear, etc.) and then either he got cold feet about all of it or felt like he was rushing. It's all on the back burner and, as he said it the other night, we're "not getting married for a while." When the women here tell you to discuss a timeline, listen. They're right, it'll settle your nerves a bit. You may not get the answer you want, but it'll help your brain calm down.

I started working for a direct sales company so I could throw my focus into that (bonus: it's makeup so it's fun). I cook. I try not to get wrapped up in the fact that it hasn't happened and that it likely won't for a good amount of time. It doesn't change anything. The fact that you're not engaged yet doesn't change that he does want to marry you and how much he loves you. 

That being said, I can't wait to see pictures when he does ask! :) 
  • I can empathize me and my SO have been planning for months and he still has some things to clear up before he can even ask me.  Even worse my mom and me have found my dress and headpiece to make the veil from scratch. I just hope he clears up what he needs to clear up and asks me before the new year especially if want a May 2016 wedding.
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    I can empathize me and my SO have been planning for months and he still has some things to clear up before he can even ask me.  Even worse my mom and me have found my dress and headpiece to make the veil from scratch. I just hope he clears up what he needs to clear up and asks me before the new year especially if want a May 2016 wedding.
  • Congrats! Pics please?

• Congrats!!  Can't wait to hear the story.

Anniversary
  • Congratulations!!! That is such a sweet proposal, and I love how hard he was trying to throw you off!

And dayummmmm that ring.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • September 28 is a fantastic day (it's mine and BF's anniversary!). Your ring is gorgeous!!

• That ring is beautiful! Wow! What a looker. He definitely did a great job with the ring and the proposal. Congratulations!

• Congratulations!
  • Congrats!

• Congratulations!! Super sweet day & a gorgeous ring!! 

*******************************************************************************************

• I love that proposal story!! So sweet and he picked out a gorgeous ring! Congratulations!
  • Congratulations! What a sweet story - sounds like you guys had a super fun day!

Also, I don't know how you're going to stop staring at your hand all day, your ring is a beauty!
  • Congratulations! What a sweet proposal story, he put so much thought into it. And your ring is gorgeous!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Congrats!!!! Happy planning :)
    *********************************************************************************

• Congrats, gorgeous ring!

• Thanks so, so much, ladies! To be honest, I feel like I'm always staring at my hand now. :)

• meganxx29 said:
    Thanks so, so much, ladies! To be honest, I feel like I'm always staring at my hand now. :)

I've had my ring for almost a year, and I still catch myself admiring my ring, so that's to be expected :o)

Anniversary
  • Awww...such a sweet story!  Congrats, and happy planning!

• Congrats!  It was a really sweet story :) He put a lot of thought into it.  Your ring is beautiful.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Congratulations! Your proposal and ring are both beautiful
  • That pretty much never goes away! Congrats! What are the details on your ring? It's beautiful.

And to jcray - you are not non-traditional because you ignore the fact that you're engaged already. You're something else entirely
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Congratulations! Your ring and proposal is beautiful! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards