Chit Chat

At work?

Anyone else? I think the only reason we get Easter is because it's a Sunday.

Re: At work?

• I'm working this morning but it's my choice. We're a 4 person company and I have something due today to a client. I could have done it late last night but decided on this morning instead. I've already been working for the last 3.5 hours and have finished what I have to do but am now cleaning up a few things to make tomorrow easier. And playing online a bit! Fortunately, I'm at home.

Do you at least have a short day?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm here too! That's the beauty of retail; this is a very busy day at work.

It's my last day before I take off for the wedding though so I don't know how productive I'll end up being.
  • I'm at work, mostly by choice. It makes the rest of my week a lot easier if I do experimental prep work today. The only sucky thing is that DH had to be at work for 6am and since we share a car I dropped him off at 6 then came to work. I got here an hour earlier than I do on a regular work day.

Anniversary
  • I was given the choice. I have to take a 1/2 day wed and thursday off to fly out of your neck of the woods.   I do not get PTO (holiday or otherwise).    I'm going to hang out with DH until he goes in and then work for a little while.  

I did work a party last night.  2.25 hours of work.  i'm embarrassed how much they paid me.  But lets just say it covers me not working wed and thursday.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @wandajune6‌ Length depends on whether there are any client emergencies that rebooting doesn't fix.
  • I went to school for an hour just to make sure everything is ready for the first day tomorrow.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Not right now, but since my office is on campus and I have homework due this week in rocket propulsion, I might go in this afternoon to get that done.
  • I'm doing a couple of things remotely but have no plans of doing actual work.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I'm at work! Because sick people don't go home for labor day. DH is off today, and I don't get to see him on his rare days off. So I'm kinda sad!

image   image   image

• Mondays are dark days at the theatre, so no work for me whether it's a holiday or not, just because it's Monday. Easter? We always have shows on Sunday.
  • I am making bank today. Dollar dollar bills y'all.

Anniversary
  • I painted my kitchen cabinets today-which is much more work than going to work and sitting at my desk lol 

• We  had to help a friend move in high humidity yesterday. I wish I had to go to work. It would have been much cooler and easier than moving.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards