Chit Chat
Options

I can't even with the entitlement

2»

Re: I can't even with the entitlement

• Options
    You know JC, she's done this fund me thing so many times now, I'm starting to wonder if any of these are true?
    She strikes me as entitled and naive but not a liar.  Judging from the huge comment strings, the cat was real.  And she definitely moved to CO.

What I doubt is that she literally has zero dollars for basic necessities.  I thinks she has enough to cover these expenses if she moved other funds around, but she doesn't want to spend her money on those things so she asks for it.
    Gosh, then it makes me cringe for her even more. I hope she'll get more mature by the time she really becomes a lawyer! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

beethery said:
    If I was a few hundies short of being able to afford an operation for my cat, it would be going on the credit card without hesitation.
    you are under the assumption she has credit to use.  Some how I doubt someone who has asked for donations 3 times with a year or 2 has that option. 

Could be wrong, but it's just my gut feeling.  
    Good point!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    beethery said:
    lyndausvi said:

beethery said:
    If I was a few hundies short of being able to afford an operation for my cat, it would be going on the credit card without hesitation.
    you are under the assumption she has credit to use.  Some how I doubt someone who has asked for donations 3 times with a year or 2 has that option. 

Could be wrong, but it's just my gut feeling.  
    Good point!
    She's about 30 years old and divorced.  She worked for several years before law school.  I'd hope by that point in life you would have a little credit, but maybe she just doesn't.  Or maybe it's maxed out.  I don't know.

My friend is doing the same fellowship as her and it pays a living wage for sure, but it's not high-roller lawyer bucks or anything.  I don't know whether she has health insurance.  So I'm sure this girl isn't rolling around in money or anything.  But she's probably better off than a lot of her classmates and she just keeps posting these GFMs and pleas for help.  

I feel for her with the bike accident, but I'd be a lot more sympathetic if this were the first and only request.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I just had a GFM pop up on my fb this morning for a friend from college's last year of grad school tuition. Girl, I am in grad school, too. I know it's expensive, but I find a way to pay for it. Other options include getting a loan or dropping out, not hitting up your friends and family for money. It's weird because before this I would have said that she was a very down to earth, hardworking person.
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    I've had SO many people offer to help me in any way they could over the last few months. And guess what? I didn't have to post a GFM to get the help AND I didn't take anyone up on their offers other than my immediate family. 
    That is because you are a classy lady.

Well, thank you.

I should also add that the help I accepted from my family was NOT financial. It was in the form of baked goods. How could I pass up cake?
    Even if it was financial, that is okay.  There is NOTHING wrong with taking help, financial or otherwise, if OFFERED.  Sometimes people need help.  

I just find asking very close family and friends for help is one thing.  Asking all your FB friends and everyone who looks at gofundme.com is something totally different.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I hope she ONLY gets laxatives and nothing else. No fun stuff. Just shit medicine.
  • Options
    FI crashed his bike recently. Maybe we should set up a GFM to cover the surgery he now needs on his shoulder... plus the repairs to the handlebars, a new helmet, the 2453459 band-aids he went through, and all the baby carrots he ate while sitting on the couch pouting.
    I think I should start a GFM for my teeth.  Think I can raise $14,000?  I mean, it's not like I totally don't have it at all, I just want that money for the wedding of my DREAMS!
    I'll donate $100 to yours if you donate $100 to mine.

• Options
    I'd hide her from your feed. If this is an ongoing pattern no need to even have it waste space.

As for her: clearly she lacks common sense in a few departments. It's rude to ask for money and material goods (if you need something funded that badly, you take out a loan) as a general whole. On the other hand if someone offers to help or says hey can I get you anything, you may ask for things within reason. Since people offered, she should've had that conversation privately, but there was no need to make a PSA blast over Facebook WITH HER ADDRESS saying that you're injured! Maybe it's those damn farmer's insurance commercials, BUT FFS safety!

• Options
    I wish I was as much of an asshole in life that I am in my brain, because I would LOVE to call people out on this shit... but I am too nice out loud :-/ and I just ignore it, but seriously that chick is gross.  There are people who struggle so much more than that and never would think of asking for help (Uh.. hi @jells2dot0).  If you are so desperate for help you should have to go stand out on a corner and beg for help from strangers because at least it'll make you feel a bit of humility. 
  • Options
    I should make a GFM because I didn't go on a honeymoon because we're saving money to put down on a house. Actually, I should probably do a GFM for the honeymoon AND the house. Because I'm worth it, dammit!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    TKzilla, Evil Chipmunk was also thinking of sending laxatives for this special gal. Along with some adult diapers, jars of baby food, and a pacifer. She might get the message.  

Regarding the button down shirts, as a lawyer I have a lot of button downs. However, these are fitted garments for work, not something I wear outside the office without good reason. If all the "friend" has are work style button downs, its completely possible that with the bandaging/splints/ medical apparatus, the button downs she owns cannot maneuver around the injuries well, or there may be the always hated "boob gap" between the buttons, or she may have all long sleeve button downs and needs short sleeve/sleeveless options to fit over a cast more easily.
  • Options
    A fellow classmate I have on FB started a GFM so he could take an extra class. I posted the link to the federal student loan website (;
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards