Second Weddings

Sound-Off: Including Your Children

Hey Knotties!

Are you including your children as a part of your wedding ceremony? How did you let them be part of your special day? 

Let us know! :)

Re: Sound-Off: Including Your Children

• We are including FI's children.  His son (7) and daughter (10) will walk down the aisle with FI.  They will also stand with the bridal party during the ceremony. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My 9 year old daughter will be one of my bridesmaids and my almost 12 year old son is going to be a groomsman.

I want to find a song for the 4 of us to dance to (following our first dance) .. but having trouble coming up with something. Any ideas??

• We have 3 girls between the two of us. They are ages 7,8, & 9!! They will be junior bridesmaids. My niece, who will be 3 1/2 will be the flower girl. That's all we are having in the wedding party :)
  • My daughter will be in our processional as a bridesmaid. She is completely excited about the wedding, she will be 15 years old by next year when we wed. Can't make her a flower girl, she was not about that! ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our five daughters (4 mine, 1 his) comprise our wedding party. They will be 11, 12, 14, 19, and 29.
  • FH's son (17) is going to be one of his groomsmen.  My son (10) will, most likely, walk me down the aisle.  His daughter (20) will carry the broom (we are jumping the broom) and she and my son will place the broom.  
    Happiness is an inside job
  • I'm planning on our 4 daughters (ages 11 (mine), 13, 21 and 23) to be my wedding party and our sons (9 (mine) and 26) will be his groomsmen.  This is about us... what better way to blend our families?
  • FI's daughter who will be 6 then will be our flower girl and his son who will be 8 will be our ring bearer.

• We've talked forever about inviting his kids to be part of the BP. 
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Between us both we have 5 children (ages 20-9) and 1 granddaughter (age 3). My plan is for my son to give me away (my father has passed away). All of the children will serve as groomsmen and bridesmaids. Ive been thinking of incorporating the sand ceremony however I have to do more research on that :)

• We have 7 kids between us...all different ages 24-12.  My oldest (24) is my MOH, then the other 2 sons and 3 daughters will be Bridesmaids/Groomsmen.....1 son, his oldest, isn't talking to either him or his Ex because he is angry at both of them for their divorce, so he won't even be there.

Then we will have his niece/nephew as FG and RB.  I want to do a family candle lighting ceremony after we do vows/rings.
  • My 2 grown kids 28/26, will walk me down the aisle
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My son (4 1/2 yrs old) is the Best Boy / ringbearer. 
  • My son (7 Y.O) is walking me down the isle and his daughter (8 Y.O) is walking him down the isle! Then they will stand with us up there... just us 4!
  • My daughter (she'll be 9 at the time) will be our flower girl. We have all but decided that we aren't going to have a ring bearer, so she will be the star.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• My son is walking me down the aisle and is a groomsman. My daughter (14 year old) is maid of honor. My three step-daughters from my first marriage are my bridesmaids. The only other attendant I have is my cousin who is my matron of honor. I love that all my kids, blood or not, are in the party. It is a very special time for me. 
  • Closing post as it was originally created for a Knot article last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards