Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Elms Mansion Food?

Hi Elms Mansion brides, grooms, and wedding guests!  I'd love your feedback on the food at the Elms Mansion!  The reviews that I see are mostly glowing, but there aren't many reviews after 2012.

I'd love to hear your feedback on what liked and didn't like from their menu, what you thought of the food presentation, etc.

Also, how flexible are they with substitutions?  I know a lot of venues claim to flexible until you start making menu decisions.

Help!  What is your feedback from recent years?

Re: Elms Mansion Food?

• Options
    Irenauk said:
    Just was at a wedding there this past weekend and the food was good.
    What did you like/dislike?  Their menu is a bit strange IMO and I'm trying to make a sample to menu to decide what I would potentially go with.

Also was the staff accommodating/nice?  I have seen some bad reviews saying that guests were fussed at and told what to do throughout the day/night.
  • Options
    Hi, We had our wedding at The Elms November 2012 and everything was wonderful! The staff and coordinators there are complete professionals and great to work with. Not sure if the menu has changed that much, but we got the Premiere Catering Package (w/Pasta station & Beef carving station) and added on the Shrimp Sardou (hand passed app). We also had a green salad available. There was also a huge cheese/fruit, etc. spread on the dining room table prior to dinner. Honestly, can't remember if we were trying to swap out anything - on that they may not be as flexible, but I suppose you can always ask. I didn't recall hearing any of the guests say that they were fussed at and everyone raved about the venue and the food too. You'll probably have a schedule with your outside coordinator (if you have one) and/or The Elms coordinator so that you can fit everything in (i.e. first dance, cake cutting, dinner start, 2nd line, etc. etc.) and the evening will go faster than you can believe so the coordinator/s likely need to get all the guests to certain areas of the venue at certain times so they won't miss any moments - maybe that's where the mention of being "told what to do" comes up, but like I said I didn't hear one negative thing :) Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions - happy to impart any Elms tips!
    dml
  • Options
    I'm going to try to revive this discussion because I would love input on Elms food. We're trying to figure out whether to do a cocktail reception (what is apparently considered normal) versus a seated dinner.

That being said, do any of you have any recommendations either way? Do guests fill up on apps during the cocktail reception or do they eat before/after? Can we do a seated dinner outside?

Any input would be highly appreciated!
  • Options
    Hi,

When we had our wedding at The Elms, we had appetizers passed around right after the ceremony.  We then had a buffet style dinner with stations set up around the venue and a large cheese/fruit, etc. display in the main dining room.

We had tables set up outside and there is also seating inside, but most guests were outside as this is where we had the DJ set up, did first dance, speeches, etc.  

We didn't do a formal sit down dinner but we did have tables set up - guests could sit where they wanted.

Everything turned out great so really it's just a matter of what you would prefer.  I have seen some pictures of sit down dinners at The Elms they looked beautiful, we just wanted to have a bit of a looser atmosphere for our shindig :)
    dml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards