Oregon

Venues in Portland area-on a budget$$

We are looking at an inexpensive venue to have our wedding/reception @. We have a quote of around $3200 but my FI and I are not sure if this is a good deal or not. This includes the cost to use the putting green plus the use of the pavilion to have the reception in. Does anyone have any advice??? thanks...

Re: Venues in Portland area-on a budget$$

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess it depends on what you're looking for.  Does the $3200 include chairs and tables?  Set up and clean up?  Everything?

You can definitely find a venue for less than $3200.  I think we spent $600 on the church and that included chairs, tables, set up and clean up (we had the ceremony and reception both there).  If you're looking for an outdoor venue, I'm sure you can find someplace lower than $3200.  Perhaps if you give us more info we can help:

Wedding Date and preferred time
    General location (Portland, Gresham, etc)
    Number of guests
    Budget
    Any specifics - definitely want an outdoor wedding, want someplace modern, prefer a rustic feel, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    It really depends on where it is, what type of venue, and what is included. Sounds like a golf course - do you have to use their preferred caterer and bar setup? Are chairs/tables or anything else included? What's the name of the place and where is it? Is there an indoor option if it rains?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You posted as I was typing Drama! But ditto what she said, more info would be lovely :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    9-10-2011 is the date. We are thinking no more than 80 guests. We have to use their  catering service and bar service. Sah-ha-lee Golf Course is the venue. We want something outdoors since we are both outdoor lovers. Around 6PM is the time of the wedding and and the budget is around 7K. We really like th golf course but we have no clue what a good deal is for a venue Smile
  • edited December 2011
    You might check out a McMenamins property.  They charge a food and beverage minimum (but no separate site rental fee) which also includes all your tables, chairs, linens, etc.

Our entire wedding (120 guests) was done on a $5000 budget, so it is possible to save money without sacrificing quality!
  • edited December 2011
    Which McMenamins did you look @? Our first date was at the Kennedy School so that might be one to look @.
  • hkaphkap member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at McMenamins Cornelius Pass Roadhouse. The ceremony will be outside and the reception will be in the old barn. We are getting married on a Friday which reduces the minimum food/beverage requirement.
  • danibrunodanibruno member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maryfly: which property did you pick? What did you do for food that kept it so low?

I am recently engaged and am considering Cornelius Pass Roadhouse.  I agree that the sans venue fee is a perk but the food can add up. We were originally thinking about just appetizers & dessert but even that can add up quickly! Suggestions?

If anyone has suggestions for an indoor/covered venue for 150-200 guests that is low-moderately priced in PDX area, Id love to hear it!
  • edited December 2011
    We did Cornelius Pass Roadhouse as well, and were definitely more informal in our food choices then most would probably be.  We had a taco bar, deli buffet, and pizza buffet :) 

There are pictures in my bio!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_venues-portland-area-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:0e5d5539-75f8-4c47-9ecd-22e7259fb687Post:0274e287-7192-4231-afc6-918d8d4c2195">Re: Venues in Portland area-on a budget$$</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did Cornelius Pass Roadhouse as well, and were definitely more informal in our food choices then most would probably be.  We had a taco bar, deli buffet, and pizza buffet :)  There are pictures in my bio!
    Posted by mayflymanitou[/QUOTE]

This pretty much sounds like my dream menu! I wanted to do pizza so badly and was shot down
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We just reserved The World Forestry Center.  The larger hall, for $2,500, holds up to 230 people, you get it for 12 hours (noon to midnight) and it includes tables and chairs.  The only catch I found is you have to use a caterer from a list of 15. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards