Oregon
Options

The Aerie at Eagle Landing

Hi ladies! My FI and I went looking at venues today and took a tour of this place! We really like and think it will be our top choice! I was just curious for any of your feedback on this venue. Good or bad!

Re: The Aerie at Eagle Landing

• Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin got married there.  I don't know the details of their planning, but they were very happy with their experience.  It's a gorgeous location.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked into it as well...it was a bit pricey for us but the woman that I spoke with was extrememly helpful and very sweet. So for that I would recommend it. :)
  • Options
    needle&threadneedle&thread member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone...I'm from Philly and FI is from Portland...so I started looking at the prices of Aerie...and from my standpoint its the best deal I have ever seen.  Not to mention the site is beautiful!!!

On the east coast you can't have a brunch reception for the prices you can have a sit-down, dual entree, formal reception...there.  For a single entree reception...no bells or whistles...in Philadelphia...you are looking at $125.00 up, no flowers or ANYTHING... just the food; venue is a separate price. 

The Aerie included the cake, linens, space, food, transportation, etc.  I could probably have a fabulous wedding for $15,000.00 there.  Here in Philly, $15,000.00 will get you brunch without a cake, no transportation, no chairs/linens, no flowers. 

So I'm really thinking about, getting married in Philly with a small reception and having a big reception, while watching our nuptuals, on video in Portland. 

Just my two cents...

S and CJ
    S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee
  • Options
    henstewhenstew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was a bridesmaid at a wedding at Aerie- beautiful venue, wonderful experience. I don't recall any complaints from the bride/groom or the rest of the WP.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My best friend got married there and it was beautiful, no complaints from bride or groom!
  • Options
    lt1278lt1278 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married here in August and so far our experience with them has been fantastic.  As for price, given everything they include, I found it to be fairly reasonable after looking at a number of venues and we're getting married in the morning, which brought the price down even more.  

One thing in particular I was really impressed with: I don't know what time of year you're looking at, but if you're thinking outdoors, the tent is included in the price as a backup for inclement weather--something I did not find anywhere else.  And everyone here has been incredibly responsive and helpful.

Congrats and good luck picking a venue!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards