DIY Wedding Forum

HALP

Okay so it's way too early to be thinking DIY shit since I technically don't have any idea where we're ACTUALLY going to have the wedding, but since our plans seem pretty loosely set, I figure I can go ahead and start doing stuff. 

So what I need help on is this: 

I want to put Auburn's fight song into the shape of the AU logo:

but I have NO idea how to do it. 

Ideas?
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: HALP

• Ummm...what is it for?  A cake topper? Your invitations? A 15 foot banner that you're going to burst through at your reception?  And how long is this song?

Also, are you really sure?  I mean, I know it's personal preference and I personally am not fond of having a wedding theme other than "wedding", but are you really sure you want to look at pictures of whatever you're about to do 20 years down the road?  I really would wait until you have things a little more than "loosely set" before you start in on any craft projects.  You may end falling for a venue or a style that will take you in a completely different direction than you originally thought and then you're stuck with whatever it is you're making and out that money.
  • It's for a piece of wood-transfer type art, so it wouldn't really be "wedding" decor so much as a piece of our decor plans that would eventually end up as decoration in our home. 

The song:

War Eagle fly down the field
    Ever to conquer, never to yield
    War Eagle fearless and true
    Fight on you orange and blue 
    (go go go)
    On to vict'ry strike up the band
    Give 'em hell, give 'em hell
    Stand up and yell
    HEY
    War Eagle win for Auburn 
    Power of Dixieland!

As to whether or not we are sure... Yes. We are sure. We have already fallen for a venue - the areas of greenspace on the university we both attended, in the town in which we met, and the only place mentioned in our list of options (which ranged over four states) to which we both feel a connection. Plus it is literally the only idea among dozens that we've discussed that made both of us as excited about the party as we were about the being-wedded part. The only reason it's "loosely set" is because it has the potential to rely on pieces of plans that are not set yet over which we have little control, and certainly relies on pieces over which we have literally no control. We will be having a small ceremony and brunch reception and then later in the day a tailgate party at the same location. FI suggested it, and while I think he was slightly kidding, we've both gotten really excited about it.
  • You want a piece of typography art. I can give it a shot if you want.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    You want a piece of typography art. I can give it a shot if you want.
    YES THAT. I don't know how to do it, other than hand-painting it, and I can't actually do that and it look halfway decent. Which since I intend for this to be in our home, at least four months out of the year if not longer, I'd like it to look halfway decent, hahah.

I know it CAN be done on Photoshop but I don't know how. If you want, you can give it a shot, but you don't have to if you can point me in the direction of a good tutorial. My dad has Photoshop, I just know better than to ask him to do it.
  • I once made a wedding present out of bible verses where the overall shape was the first initial of the couple's last name.  I basically got a picture of the letter and made it large enough to take up the entire page in Microsoft word.  Then I added the bible verses starting at the top and added spaces and line breaks to match where the outline in the background was.  Then I deleted the background outline so that the entire thing was just the words.  I also added WordArt on top of that with their first names and the date of their wedding, then framed it.  It actually turned out really nice.  You may be able to use a similar method for what you are trying to do. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards