Florida-Central Florida
Options

Anyone a Bella Collina couple? Vendor help.

We were going to do a destination wedding but after my FI saw photos of Bella Collina he was hooked. Our original date was April 4, 2015, but between the time I contacted them and the date we had our appointment (5 days later) they booked that date.  The only date before it got hot was in January so we moved up our date.  That means we have almost a month to find vendors, book our vendors, and turn the list into Bella Collina since it has to be done at least 3 months before the wedding.  Thankfully I found my dress and it will be ordered tomorrow rushed, the boys tuxes have been purchased, we found my BM dress yesterday but not ordered them yet, and I have my photographer.

We are using the atrium for the ceremony, reflection pool for the cocktail hours along with the fire pit, and then inside for the reception.  I just am wondering about the vendors on their vendor list.  Being a wedding photographer I have worked with Get Lit before and they are on their list but no one else I have worked with is on their list.  Who are you guys using or who did you use?  Did you use their on site spa for hair, nails, and make up?  We saw Lee James Floral designs in action the other day and are considering using them.

Off the top of my head we need:
DJ/entertainment
DOC
cake baker (deciding between 4)
person to do drapery, candles, and table decor
nails, hair, and make up
flowers

Thanks!  With us having to move our date up so much we went from 7 months away to just over 4 months so I am going a little crazy.

BTW: if you are a past Bella Collina bride I'd love to see photos for inspiration. :)

Re: Anyone a Bella Collina couple? Vendor help.

• Options
    I was not married at Bella, but I know my vendors have all worked there before.

Photo: Tab McCausland
    Coordinator: Rachel with Wed in the City
    Flowers: Deb with Atmospheres Floral; she did all of my flowers and centerpieces and candles. She also did a beautiful draped arch for the ceremony
    DJ: Jim with Tagas Events
    Drapery: Fabrication Events
    Hair and Makeup: Heather with Makeover Maven
  • Options
    Thanks for the response. I just was coming back to delete this post when I saw you posted. They pulled a ton of crap and wanted at least $30k to get married there. They wouldn't allow us to adjust our guest count closer to our date. If less came we would just loose the difference. They then require $3500 minimum for floral using their preferred vendor for just the ceremony and $1500 minimum for lighting. I could go on and on about them harassing us and stuff. I am just glad they did not run my card when we told them too. They had a 3 hour window to run the card but waited 5 days to run it and then kept trying to run it locking my bank account and the bank hand to send me a new card. They kept calling and wanted to work something out but would really do many thing to make us want to stick with them. Pull their financials since it is public information. They had 30 weddings booked for 2015 but in only two days after pulling the report all had canceled except for on in February and one later in the year. My FIs coworker was one of those cancelations since they did the same to them. I will keep your vendors in mind. Thanks! I am flying in my photographer but still need others. Heck we ran from Bella to Disney since we get way more at Disney for less. We are even debating on a 10 day European trip with 15 people, 2 photographers, and us to get married in Italy and then a Disney reception when we get home. That destination trip for 10 days with all inclusive hotel suites cost less than the site fee, service charge, taxes, and food cost for 75 people at Bella. It is a whole $6k cheaper... I don't want to put them down but I should have heeded the reviews I read before going there.
  • Options
    Sadly, that's not the first time I've heard that about Bella. My H and I briefly considered them, but not seriously enough to even visit. Once we heard about the cost we crossed them off pretty quickly. We got married at the beach instead.

Good luck with your planning!
  • Options
    Sounds like you dodged a huge bullet! My whole vendor list was AWESOME!!

DJ / Lighting- Junction 88 Productions
    Planner - Jackie at Down the Aisle Events
    Flowers - Flowers and Linens by Lolimar
    Cake - Sweeter than the Rest
    Invitations - Pretty Peacock Paperie
    Photographer - Claudette Montero

Truly all these folks were class acts and awesome to work with!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards