Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaid Jewelry

I'd like to get each of my bridesmaids (3 of them) a piece of jewelry that they'd like and can wear again after the wedding. I think traditionally if you're giving jewelry to the BM's it's meant to be worn on the day of the wedding (this has happened in 4 weddings I've stood in) but the things I'm looking at are more for every day wear than the sparkly wedding I'm having. Is it ok to let them figure out their own jewels for the day of the wedding and for my gift to them (given the night before) to be an every day piece? Or should I be paying for their wedding day jewels?

Re: Bridesmaid Jewelry

• Options
    I'd like to get each of my bridesmaids (3 of them) a piece of jewelry that they'd like and can wear again after the wedding. I think traditionally if you're giving jewelry to the BM's it's meant to be worn on the day of the wedding (this has happened in 4 weddings I've stood in) but the things I'm looking at are more for every day wear than the sparkly wedding I'm having. Is it ok to let them figure out their own jewels for the day of the wedding and for my gift to them (given the night before) to be an every day piece? Or should I be paying for their wedding day jewels?
    Yes, that is fine.  No one will really notice nor care what kind of jewelry your BMs are wearing.

The only time that you have to pay for your BMs jewelry is if you are requiring them to wear specific items.

Letting your BMs wear what they want will most likely make them very happy since each person has their own likes and style.

• Options
    If you want them to wear something specific for a certain look you're going for, you should pay for it and it's not considered the BM gift because it's "part of the uniform". 

I'd probably just let them figure out their own jewelry, shoes, etc. That way, you can save any money you'd put toward jewelry toward an individual gift for each BM. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    jenna8984jenna8984 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014

Yup. My bridesmaid has the same bracelet pinned to her Pinterest 3 times so I got it for her as her gift. Its very casual, made of woven rope so she will not be wearing it at the wedding but she was SOO excited to receive it.

We chose BM dresses with a highneckline, so they aren't wearing necklaces and they are free to wear a bracelet they own if they want to but I really don't give a rat's ass.

ETA- if you want them to have a giant bejeweled necklace, you need to buy it, and not as their gift. If you don't care what necklace/ bracelet they wear, then you're all set.

• Options
    I did get my BMs each their own pendant to wear. But I went with their own taste, when I picked out each piece. I had already told each BM to wear whatever shoes and jewlery they wanted. So when they were given their gifts, I did tell them I didn't expect the jewelry to be worn at the wedding. But my sister & niece did wear theirs the next day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards