Michigan-Detroit
Options

Looking for a good photographer while on a budget

mrsknificmrsknific member
5 Love Its First Comment
edited September 2014 in Michigan-Detroit
Hi Knotties!

I have picked my ceremony and reception site and am now looking for photographers for the day of!

We are on a tight budget and it seems like everyone I have found is between 2,000.00 and 3,000.00 dollars for one photographer at 8 hours. 
Is this a high price or is it just me over analyzing everything? I dont want to over pay since I am on a budget. I was mentally allotting 1500 for everything but im not sure if that is realistic. 

If you loved your photographer, let me know who it is because I need to get booking! 

Thanks in advance or the help! 

Re: Looking for a good photographer while on a budget

• Options
    http://jessespeelman.com/ has only done our engagement photos so far, but they look awesome and i think i'm pretty picky about photography. he's talented, super nice, and around your price range.
  • Options
    Laurenpiippo.com

She did an AMAZING job and within our budget. She will definitely work with you and what you can afford. She is a fairly recent CCS grad and looking to build her business. I love how all of my photos turned out :)
  • Options
    Check out Robhallphoto.com. His work is absolutely stunning, and worth every penny! I know how expensive weddings can be- I just got through mine. One thing I can suggest to you is spending the money for a quality photographer. You're going to have your pictures forever, and you're going to want someone that will capture every little moment perfectly. Maybe cut your budget somewhere else like your centerpieces, or your cake, or both lol. In the end, it's these details that aren't going to matter once it's over. You're going to cherish your photos for a lifetime. He does have a package for $1500, but tell him Rebecca B referred you. Maybe he'll cut it a little? It's worth trying ;) good luck planning!
  • Options
    Check out Sam Fawaz! He had great prices and he did an amazing job for our wedding!!  LINK 
  • Options
    http://www.ccathleenphotography.com/index2.php?v=v1#!/HOME or on facebook https://www.facebook.com/CarrieCathleenPhotography

She is AMAZING. Hands down awesome. She lives in Mount Pleasant but travels to metro Detroit, Grand Rapids, Traverse City... Super affordable for how great she is.  I was blown away by our engagement pictures. She's really fun to work with, too! Puts you right at ease!

Her package is $1800 I believe (or was) for 9 hours, second shooter, print rights, and engagement pictures. I was able to snag her when she had a 20% off sale, so if you like her on facebook you might get lucky!
  • Options
    PaulBotuPaulBotu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2014
    MrSknific, I've been working in the business for 6 years taking photo/video for over 400 weddings. I can tell you you pay for what you get, dont go cheap on this one cause if you do, you will reget it later. These prints are the things you will look back on 20years from now
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards