Wedding 911

Dreams

I keep having dreams that we forget things like the sparklers, or the hair clips I want to use. Annoying, but not a big deal.
Lately I'm panicking that my dress won't fit.  I know I'm being silly.  Just wanted to share and get it out in the open and see if anyone else feels like this.

Re: Dreams

• Gah, I had SO MANY DREAMS. Hell, even the week after the wedding I had them.  I remember one was that I had our date printed on EVERYTHING--napkins, programs, the cake server, etc....only to have my bridesmaid tell me, "you put the wrong date on there--you're not getting married on the third, you're getting married on the fourth".  I woke up DH (FI then) in the middle of the night in a panic asking, "What day are we getting married?  WHAT DAY???"

Actually, now that I think about it, I had one the other night!  I was getting married to my high school ex.  Ick. 
    Anniversary

• I have had lots of wedding related dreams. Mostly it that we forgot something or someone's tuxedo wasn't available. 
  • I have had some many crazy dreams about things going wrong at our wedding, from things that are actually feasible (pouring down rain on our outdoor ceremony) to utterly ridiculous (my widowed grandmother bringing some random guy half her age as a date, haha). I've found it helps not to work on anything wedding-related right before bed because if I do, it is fresh on my mind and more likely to pop up in my dreams. But I think dreams sometimes are just an unavoidable way of your body coping with the stress and anxieties leading up to the big day. I just try not to think about them too much, and tell myself they are just dreams! :)
  • Y'all, I have had crazy wedding dreams all week now.
    We got engaged in December, booked our venue in January (because hello they fill up crazy fast) and I got my dress in February... lots of big stuff has been taken care of early on and I haven't really stressed about anything. Until now, but that is it's own whole ordeal. 

First dream I woke up in some hotel room all giddy and goofy because it was wedding day and my mom was there making me get ready. Apparently I was drunk or something because I was a total spaz being totally goofy. Well it was some giant hotel that our entire family was staying in for a baseball tournament or something (wtf?) so we just decided to get married there even though our venue was around the corner. 
    Second dream was wedding day and I'm about to walk downstairs when we realize that we forgot to either mail invitations or only sent about half of them. Awesome.
    Third & latest dream we got married and had a blast and then realized we had forgotten to buy wedding rings. 

In all three dreams I was wearing my amazing dress and in the end we got married and had a blast, we had smiles on our faces the whole time. I'll take it as my brain letting me know that no matter what happens I'm marrying my best friend and he's going to love me no matter what happens!

I will take the crazy dreams over the jaw clenching I've been doing in my sleep though!
  • I stopped the dreams by making a policy of not talking or thinking about the wedding while in bed.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • So it's probably good that I'm reading these forums while in bed? I have all the crazy dreams too, beats work dreams which is what I used to have. At least my brain is helping me be prepared because anything that actually goes wrong won't be nearly as bad as what happens in these dreams!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards