Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

RSVP cards wont fit into pocketfold...

We used a digital file for our invitation suite and had them printed & cut at a local UPS store to save a little money. Everything came out fine, with the exception of the RSVP cards. They measure 4.25" x 5.5" rather than the standard "3.5 x 5". This is my fault, as I went with the suggested sizing from the designer (from Etsy) and just assumed this was standard rather than comparing against the pocketfolds. I realized my problem last night as I finished assembly. We do not have time to get new ones printed as I would need to reorder the card stock and envelopes and we are cutting it WAY close as it is (wedding is 6 weeks from Sat). We really dropped the ball on this one, I know.

My question is, given this predicament, do you have any recommendations for assembly?

I've attached a couple of pics. One to show size difference and the other to show how it looks laid on top.

Re: RSVP cards wont fit into pocketfold...

• Options
    I think it looks fine the way you have it in the second picture, inside the pocketfold. Don't put the card inside the envelope but tuck it under the envelope flap, facing up, and then leave it inside the pocketfold.  Not the look you were going for, I'm sure, but it will be fine.

Alternately you can cut the RSVP card down using a paper trimmer and find some smaller envelopes at a craft store but IMO I wouldn't bother.  Is making it into a postcard an option? Again, I'm not sure I would bother with that but if it's really bothering you to leave it inside the pocketfold it might be an option.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think you can easily trim the rsvp's yoruself with a papercutter and buy some envelopes at a craft store. 
  • Options
    I think it looks fine the way you have it in the second picture, inside the pocketfold. Don't put the card inside the envelope but tuck it under the envelope flap, facing up, and then leave it inside the pocketfold.  Not the look you were going for, I'm sure, but it will be fine.

Alternately you can cut the RSVP card down using a paper trimmer and find some smaller envelopes at a craft store but IMO I wouldn't bother.  Is making it into a postcard an option? Again, I'm not sure I would bother with that but if it's really bothering you to leave it inside the pocketfold it might be an option.

I agree with this. Just lay it on top, with RSVP tucked under envelope flap.  In the big scheme of things, it's a pretty minor issue and doesn't really affect anything.  Nobody is going to get all "OMG!  I can't believe the RSVP's aren't in the pocket!" on you. Most people probably won't even notice. They still get the invite, still get the RSVP, everything works out fine.

FYI, my hardest part of wedding planning was learning to let go of the small details.  Luckily, by the time I got to 1-2 weeks until wedding, I had mastered it pretty good. If it didn't hurt anyone, didn't cause major disasters, didn't ruin the wedding, then I learned to just say F%@& it!  After months of researching what I wanted, I even completely changed my DIY bouquets less than a week before the wedding to something completely different, but super simple, because they weren't turning out right and I realized that bouquets wouldn't make or break my day, so it wasn't worth stressing over.  Nobody noticed, people still complimented my simple backup bouquets, and everything turned out fine.

Whether your RSVP's are inside or outside the pocket won't make or break your day, or have any real effect at all, so don't stress over it.  Go with the easy solution and move on to solving the next wedding problem.

• Options
    I DIY'd pocketfolds for our invites.  I measured everything sooooooo carefully or so I thought. The RSVP envelope doesn't fit horizontally into the pocket. So now it's in there vertically. I'm sure it will be just fine. 

With 63 days to go, I'm running out of bothers to give. When I run into a hiccup I ask myself "does this negatively impact the way my guests will be hosted?" If the answer is "no," then I move on.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards