October 2014 Weddings
Options

Timeline Help - No First Look

I'm wondering if anyone has their timeline done and they aren't doing a first look? I am trying to finish ours, but I'm having a hard time fitting in enough time for pictures - especially since it's getting darker earlier. I'm thinking we could do Bride with Bridesmaids and Groom with Groomsmen before the ceremony to get some of them taken care of, but I'm worried there just isn't enough time.

Any suggestions?

And if you are doing a first look, how did you convince your significant other to go for it?

Re: Timeline Help - No First Look

• Options
    Are you having a cocktail hour? That would ideally be when you get your bridal party, family, and bride/groom portraits done. My FI was very adamant that he did not want to do a first look (much to my dismay).

Luckily we aren't having a wedding party, but we do want to have some time to enjoy our cocktail hour too. Definitely do any bride/bridesmaids/family and groom/groomsmen/family photos before the wedding. We're hoping by doing any photos we can do separately before the ceremony will cut down on the time needed during cocktail hour. You also have the option of doing sunset photos with your photographer during the reception.

Good luck!
  • Options
    I didn't really have to "convince" Fi to do a FL, he never saw a reason not to, and it makes sense since we want to spend as much time with our guests/family as possible and are totally ready to stuff our faces ASAP after we're married.
  • Options
    So far this is my wedding day timeline:
    11:00A - Hair and Makeup
    1:15P - Limo picks up Groom & Guests with Groom
    1:45P - Limo picks up Bride & MOH & Potentially Bride's Parents (I don't think they're coming)
    2:30P - Ceremony
    2:50P - 3:30P - Cake Cutting/Champagne Toast/Pictures
    3:30P-5:00P - Bride & Groom Pictures  (Guests can go to restaurant for appetizers and beverages or explore the Boardwalk)
    5:00P - 7:30P - Dinner
    7:30P - Transportation pick up for Dessert Party
    8:00P-9:30 - Dessert Party/Fireworks/More pictures

Anniversary
  • Options
    Ours:
    10 am to 1:00 -Hair and makeup for myself and hair for bridal party
    2:00 Arrive at venue, get dressed
    3:30 photographer arrives and we take bride and bridal party. Groom and groomsmen, bride with family, groom with family photos
    5:00 guests start arriving for ceremony
    5:30 ceremony starts
    6:00 ceremony ends, cocktail hour begins
    6 to 7 bride and groom shots, bride and groom with family and extended families, bride and groom with full bridal party
    7 to 7:15 guests begin to enter reception space, we have a short private meal and then enter reception

• Options
    I agree with a PP about cocktail hour being the time to do B&G pics without a first look.  But def take family and BP pics beforehand if you're not doing a FL, so all you have to do is pics together and both families together.  
  • Options
    Slaughter2014Slaughter2014 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014

Ours:

10:00am - Bridal Party Makeup<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

3:30pm - Pictures of bride w/bridesmaids and immediate family

4:45pm – Pictures of groom w/ groomsmen and immediate family

4:45pm – Bride & bridesmaids arrive at ceremony site to relax, refresh, and snack before ceremony start

6:00pm – Groom & groomsmen arrive at ceremony site to relax, refresh, and snack before ceremony start

6:30pm – Guest start arriving

7:00pm – Ceremony

7:30pm – Cocktail Hour

Leave for group photos

8:30pm – Announcement of wedding party

8:35pm – Bride & Groom served dinner

8:40pm - Guests served dinner

8:55pm - MOH/Best man toasts

9:00pm – Bride & Groom first dance

9:05pm - Bride & Daughter dance / Groom & Daughter dance

9:10pm – Open dance floor

10:00pm - Cake cutting

12:00am – Farewell

• Options
    ashwiseashwise member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    Arrive for Hair and Make up 9:00Hair and Make-up 10am-1:45pmBrunch 11:00-11:30Leave for ICC 2:00Arrive at ICC 2:45Photos with girls/parents 2:45-3:30
    Guys: Arrive at ICC 3:15 Guy Pics 3:15-3:30
    Ceremony 4:00-4:30Cocktail hour/formal pics 4:30-5:25Move guests inside 5:25-5:30Introductions and First Dance 5:30-5:40Grace/Motzi 5:40-5:45Dinner Served 5:45-6:45Speeches and Toasts 6:15-6:30Parent Dances 6:45 Dancing Starts 7:00Cake Cutting 7:30-7:40Cake and coffee served 8:00Garter and Bouquet Toss 8:45Bar Closes 9:30Send off 10:00
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We are not doing a First Look either. I'm planning to take pictures with my family and for FI to take pictures with his family before the ceremony. Then we can do a couple quick blended pictures and then about 20 minutes of portraits with just FI and I while the guests move to the reception hall and begin going through the buffet line to get food. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options

Ours:

10:00am - Bridal Party Makeup

3:30pm - Pictures of bride w/bridesmaids and immediate family

4:45pm – Pictures of groom w/ groomsmen and immediate family

4:45pm – Bride & bridesmaids arrive at ceremony site to relax, refresh, and snack before ceremony start

6:00pm – Groom & groomsmen arrive at ceremony site to relax, refresh, and snack before ceremony start

6:30pm – Guest start arriving

7:00pm – Ceremony

7:30pm – Cocktail Hour

Leave for group photos

8:30pm – Announcement of wedding party

8:35pm – Bride & Groom served dinner

8:40pm - Guests served dinner

8:55pm - MOH/Best man toasts

9:00pm – Bride & Groom first dance

9:05pm - Bride & Daughter dance / Groom & Daughter dance

9:10pm – Open dance floor

10:00pm - Cake cutting

12:00am – Farewell

How many guests are you inviting and are you having a plated meal or a buffet?

I don't think a half hour is enough time for dinner for your guests (8:40pm-9:10pm).

Typically dinner is slated for an 1hr- 1hr15mins for plated meals and 1.5hrs-2hrs for a buffet at the weddings I have attended.

Our Timeline so far:

Hair and Make-up- 9am-1pm (Bride, MOB, MOG, my Aunt, my SIL, and 1BM)
    Lunch for WP- 12pm-1pm
    WP boards Trolley to head to church- 1:15pm
    Parents board Limo for church- 1:15pm
    Bride gets dressed, pre-ceremony pics- 2pm-3pm
    Ceremony- 3pm-4pm
    Post ceremony pics- 4pm-5:45pm

Reception - 5pm – 11pm
    Guests arrive for Cocktail Hour* 5pm
    *Takes into account travel time from church to reception venue.  However, should guests arrive earlier than 5pm they can enter the venue and begin cocktail hour.

Bride & Groom, WP arrive at venue no later than 5:45pm- apps and drinks in Bridal Suite.
    Bride & Groom announced, Cake Cutting & Thank You- 6pm
    Blessing & Dinner Stations open- 6:30pm
    Spotlight Dances- ~8:15pm
    Open Dancing- ~8:25pm
    Conclusion- 11pm

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    brittany8788brittany8788 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2014
    @bekt14‌ I'm SO happy to hear your timeline....Are your guests going to begin eating before your grand entrance and you eat? I am thinking of doing the same thing! Some people think I'm crazy, but I think it's an awesome solution.
  • Options
    @PrettyGirlLost we're having a buffet. I've invited around 140 people. I guess I was envisioning while people were eating we could do our first dance, and dance with our daughters. I didn't factor in visting tables to thank and aknowledge our guest. I have some rethinking to do.
  • Options
    brittany8788
    I have a much more detailed timeline I've been working on if you want to see it. Just didn't want to overwhelm the thread. 

Yes, I think we will have guests begin to line up for the buffet while we finish up pictures during the "gap". That way I'm hoping that by the time we're done with pictures, everyone will be starting brunch. Then FI and I can get our meals and eat real quick before moving on to dancing, etc. We have a pretty short reception - only 1.5 hrs. so I don't want to waste any time. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards