Getting in Shape

two week shape up

I have been sticking to a diet and working out since January but with my wedding only a few weeks away I'm wondering if any one has any tips to help be look my best. I'm not looking for extreme weight lose just help with water retention and stressfull eating.

Re: two week shape up

• I would use MFP (myfitnesspal) to track the food you are eating and drink lots of water.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Stay away from salt to help lose water weight and reduce bloating. Drink lots of water so that you are never dehydrated and won't confuse thirst with hunger. To avoid stress eating, chew gum... Might sound weird but it helps me avoid my bad habits of dealing with stress: eating and biting my nails.
  • Watch your salt intake and drink lots of water.  Also make sure to get some sleep.  Not sleeping will (at least in my case) make you want to eat more because you are tired and you are trying anything to stay awake during the day.

• Ditto on drinking water and avoiding salt. Also avoid alcohol. 
  • As of now you need to focus more on your exercise regime you need to start doing early morning walk’s  which are long, try avoiding fats in your diet, also make sure that you drink a lot a Green or herbal drinks or tea on a empty stomach which will help you maintain weight. Rest be focused on what you eat and try having a proper sleep.

• Don't go to extremes and stress yourself out too much at this point. I concur, drink water, cut out soda and fried foods (to the extent you haven't already) and trade in your usual snacks for more veggies. This will help to reduce water weight in a healthy way. 

Also, consider adding some "glow" by either tanning (if that's something you would normally do - I'm not recommending it if you don't tan well or are concerned about what it may do down the line to your skin) or getting a spray tan a few days before the wedding (but do it really light if you're pale like me). A little tan makes you look skinnier. 
  • thnaks everyone, i will work on cutting out salt and fried foods along
     with exerciser and lots of water. lets just hope the dress fits

• SMCrain said:
    thnaks everyone, i will work on cutting out salt and fried foods along
     with exerciser and lots of water. lets just hope the dress fits

Are you awaiting alterations to see or does it not currently fit? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards