Oregon

DJ/Emcee

I'm looking for a recommendation for a DJ for our wedding next summer. If you've been to a wedding and thought the DJ/emcee was great, please let me know. Also, if you've seen someone that you didn't like, I would like that too. We want things to flow smoothly, not too "cheesey" and making sure everyone has fun. Did you go to a wedding with IPOD music and no DJ? How was that? Thanks for feedback.

Re: DJ/Emcee

• mjanegoodmjanegood member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Aaron of Maushole. He's not really an "emcee" but played great music, really cared about what sorts of songs we wanted, and he's a super nice guy.
  • velocitygrlvelocitygrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Clint Kuper fro Chad Dowling Entertainment.  He did a great job, and wasn't cheesy- that was pretty important to us.Full review in bio.
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Kevin Venables from Mobile Music Entertainment. I've heard nothing but good things about him in the emcee department (we chose him because he doesn't take over, nothing cheesy, etc.)I'll know if he's as good as they say in a month!
  • edited December 2011
    We went the iPod route, and it was great.  We had a technically savvy friend in charge of it and he acted as an MC in terms of letting folks know when things were happening (toasts, cake cutting, first dance, etc) and he pressed play at the approrpiate time.  People were up and dancing all night and we saved a ton of money.
  • edited December 2011
    we did Ipod, rented the speakers, no DJ, just a tech savvy cousin to keep it flowing. SOOO many people dancing all night long, and got tons of compliments on the music. it was $100 for everything, including a wireless mic (best man made all the annoucements), and it was worth every penny. Don't regret it one bit, it was perfect. I had only the songs I wanted, no "cheese", and no random people we didn't know (we didn't have any vendors at the reception period, only family friends helping).
    My little loves
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • FutureACEFutureACE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DO NOT use Rich Ellis of POrtland PRO DJs. I posted and then deleted a post about him a while back. I deleted it because I heard of some story from the east coast where a lady was twittering about how crappy her landlords were and they sued her for 50,000 for character depravation (or whatever the technical name it) so I took it down...don't know...I kind of feel like I should put it bac kup...what do you all think?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards