New Hampshire

Don't use Makeup by Jaylene! Didn't show up on my wedding day!

Jaylene is the most unprofessional person I have ever worked with. I booked Jaylene as I was referred by another makeup artist, she came to my house for a trial and I gave her double the amount she required for the deposit as I felt that she did a good job and was reliable; however that was far from the experience I had with her. My first mistake was that she said she does not have contracts with her clients.

I booked my trial too early to know how I wanted my makeup done, so I requested a second trial. She said that she would do it, but wasn't flexible in the times and unable to travel to me. When I e-mailed her, she often took awhile to respond; however I thought she may have just been busy.

It wasn't until my wedding day that I realized what I had got myself into. I received an e-mail the day of my wedding at 8am stating that her boyfriend had taken her car while she was sleeping and that she couldn't make it and couldn't call as her phone was with her boyfriend as well. On top of that, she said she would send me back half of what I gave her. 

Please save yourself the headache and book with someone else

Re: Don't use Makeup by Jaylene! Didn't show up on my wedding day!

• Oh no, sorry that happened on your wedding day :( I have had numerous nightmares that my hair and make up are not done for my wedding. I'll steer clear of her, thank you for the warning.
  • I am so sorry, that is terrible. I will absolutely steer clear as I have not booked makeup yet.
  • Is any of this in writing at all by e-mail? That could be considered a contract in itself. Even so, contracts do not have to be in writing.

If it is worth your time/money, you could take her to small claims court and you will likely win the money back, though perhaps less the cost of the trial.

Sorry you are going through this.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • That's just horrible, I hope everything worked out and someone came to your rescue and you had a great Wedding in spite :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards