Wedding 911

My wedding is tomorrow and I can't believe I woke up with...

...A cold :( I can feeling it coming on, scratchy throat, dry sinuses, all the tell tale signs that I'll soon be dealing with a full blown cold.  This certainly won't ruin my big day, but it's not ideal either.  Do any of you have some sure fire ways to deal with colds that I can put into action tomorrow?

Re: My wedding is tomorrow and I can't believe I woke up with...

• Cold meds and hydrate!  Drink tea and relax.  Rest will help you feel better.  I'm sure you will have a fantastic wedding day!!!! Congrats!!!!!
  • edited September 2014
    Get some occicilium at a health food store. Drink lots of fluids and get as much rest as you can. And take vitamin C. 
  • Honestly I'm a believer in hot toddys. Toddies. Toddyieses.

Heat up some cider and pour some hot whiskey or brandy in it. You will pass the hell out, sweat like a pig, and wake up in the morning needing a shower and being fever-free.

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • I swear by schmearing my chest with Vick's VapoRub and a decent shot of Jager at bedtime.  Breathe in any type of mentholated steam. 
  • Cold-Eze.  Comes in a cough-drop form, possibly liquid.  They're over the counter; if you don't have them near you, vitamin C and zinc.  That's basically what the cold-eze is; something about the combination of zinc and C works wonders.
  • Thanks for your advice ladies!  I had no voice by the end of the wedding and I'm REALLY feeling the cold today, but I managed to walk down the aisle without blowing my nose 20 time :p
  • My wedding is in 5 days and I have a terrible cold too! FH had it last week and it only lasted 3 days. He told me not to worry, I would be over it in a few days and today is day 3 and by far the worst. No sleep, hot sweats, can't breathe, coughing so hard I gag.

I've been hitting meds, water, Gatorade, OJ and hot tea like crazy and nothing is helping... :(
  • My wedding is in 6 days and I'm starting to feel sick today, too! Ah, what is with this?! My best friends right now are sleep, water, Zicam, and vitamins.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards