Snarky Brides

Darn you pinterest!!!! - Rant

As someone who has only attended 1 wedding pinterest is my go to for ideas, however because of it my entire wedding has done a total 180!!

What started as a vintage relaxed wedding has turned into a formal black tie affair because I hated that everyone on the planet is doing the same boring burlap and mason jars thing!!

I love the way my wedding has transformed but now I am trying to return centerpieces I bought months ago because they don't go anymore, my flower budget has gone from barely anything to half of my total budget and I am trading in the standard 'bar idea' (candy, bacon, biscuit ect.) for high end champagne.

Pinterest why must you be my dragon, you make me feel so good but I can never fully catch you!!!

Re: Darn you pinterest!!!! - Rant

• Can you DIY the centerpieces somehow to make them more appropriate for your new theme? Fabric and paint can go a long way. 

• I hardly think that is Pinterest's fault.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Pinterest is not the Bible. Have the wedding you want and can afford.
  • Can you decorate with something else besides flowers? What if you used candles as centerpieces? What do the centerpieces look like? Maybe we can help find another way to use them.

I bought a really expensive but kitschy cake topper but we decided not to use it. Instead, I'm gonna do a.little tweaking and use it as a decor piece for the sweetheart table. Sometimes with some minor tweaking it's possible to make it work!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I hardly think that is Pinterest's fault.
    Yeah, my thoughts too. Pintrest may make you feel like some of your own ideas are less creative or original, but Pintrest didn't force you into a black tie wedding. 
  • Meh. Centrepieces aren't the be all and end all. I have been to so many weddings, and I can honestly say, I don't remember what any of them looked like. 
  • I'm lost. How can you blame Pinterest for your decision to go to a black tie wedding?
  • I'm with you 100%.  I feel like there's a lot of things I saw on Pinterest that I thought were great ideas, then I saw them over and over and over and so on.  I think we all want a wedding that's special and unique and Pinterest makes that more difficult.
  • Pinterest is just shining a spotlight on the fact there is literally no decor thing that hasn't already been done a million times. People were doing whatever special and unique thing you want to do at your wedding long before it showed up on Pinterest. 
  • There's a big difference between a rustic burlap and mason jar wedding and a black tie wedding (which I kind of doubt you are truly having, since they are more rare and many things must happen in order for it to be a true black tie event).  Find some middle gorund.
  • @esstee33 your right I worked on my centerpieces all day and managed to find a way to make them work thanks to paint and some extras.
    @EmiRug that's exactly it regardless if anyone remembers my decor I want my wedding to feel unique and special and the fact that black tie is kinda rare now it def makes me feel a little more unique.
  • I found these cute little bird cage candle holders and ordered them for centerpieces last year.  Now bird cages are popping up all over the place.  I still love them.  The hipster in me will just say "Meh, I knew about birdcages before they were on Pinterest."  

Have the wedding you want.  It will be unique and fabulous because it will be a reflection of you.  Please don't feel pressured to stay one step ahead of a trend.  Have fun!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Black tie is not rare. You just don't see it on Pinterest because Pinterest is all about DIY and trends (i.e. burlap and mason jars). 

I assure you there are still plenty of black tie weddings. We live in Chicago and get invited to at least 2-3 per year. Additionally, I know several brides on TK who had black tie weddings.
  • Sorry, but you need to get over the idea of your wedding being unique.  Sure, it will be unique and special to you because it is your wedding.  However, almost every idea has been done by someone somewhere.  
  • I don't get it.

You're changing your original ideas because too many people had the same style on pinterest?

Ok.

I don't think Pinterest is the problem here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards