Budget Weddings Forum

wedding day of coordinator

Hey girls! I'm thinking about looking into a wedding day of coordinator. Are they worth it? And if so, could any of you direct me to one that's budget friendly? Thank you so much! 

Re: wedding day of coordinator

• I had a DOC and she was definitely worth the money. You should probably post on your local board though for recommendations.
  • Day of Coordinators are a god send. I've been in weddings with and without them. Trust me, you want one. They take on all of the stress, responsibility, day-of issues, etc. and make sure that you, the bride, are not burdened with that stuff. It will help you have such a nicer and stress-free day. 
    You don't necessarily need to hire someone. I'm having a close friend do it at my wedding. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • I didn't hire one for my first wedding, and I regretted not having one. Everyone anticipated that I'd know when things were supposed to happen, and obviously, having never been married previously, I didn't. Soooo things just kinda happened. Or didn't. 
  • bekt14 said:
    Day of Coordinators are a god send. I've been in weddings with and without them. Trust me, you want one. They take on all of the stress, responsibility, day-of issues, etc. and make sure that you, the bride, are not burdened with that stuff. It will help you have such a nicer and stress-free day. 
    You don't necessarily need to hire someone. I'm having a close friend do it at my wedding. 
    Is this friend also a guest at the wedding? 

Our venue included a DoC, and she was AWESOME.  I would highly suggest one.
  • sarahbear31 Yes. The venue provides a coordinator for the ceremony, but you're on your own at the reception. So, I ask my friend to be the reception coordinator. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • WORTH IT. For me anyway....

Post to your local board for local recommendations.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards