Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invite a colleague?

I  am a female in the medical field and have taken numerous seminars and had recently friended a colleague about 1 year ago..  We started meeting at seminars and saving seats for each other, going out for drinks after and even started traveling to seminars out of state and shared rooms .  I consider her a friend when it comes to work things but we've never really hung out outside of work because we don't really live close to each other. I am getting married in a couple months and have been debating on whether I should invite her or not. My family said probably not, because we don't have a relationship outside of work, but i'm a little torn still, where part of me thinks I should. Please help.

Re: Invite a colleague?

• Options
    If you don't have a social relationship with her then she's someone you can invite if you want to, but don't be surprised if she declines. And if you have to make cuts in your guest list, and she's on the list, she's someone I would cut.
  • Options
    brenondc said:

I  am a female in the medical field and have taken numerous seminars and had recently friended a colleague about 1 year ago..  We started meeting at seminars and saving seats for each other, going out for drinks after and even started traveling to seminars out of state and shared rooms .  I consider her a friend when it comes to work things but we've never really hung out outside of work because we don't really live close to each other. I am getting married in a couple months and have been debating on whether I should invite her or not. My family said probably not, because we don't have a relationship outside of work, but i'm a little torn still, where part of me thinks I should. Please help.

Either way, you're fine.  I agree with Jen.
  • Options
    I would consider sharing a hotel room to be socializing outside work, even if we're travelling for work. Going out for drinks and dinner after a conference is socializing in my book. You don't have to invite her, but I don't think this is the same thing as inviting someone in your department that you've never seen outside of the office.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards