Oregon

Wedding DJ recs?

Hi All! I've never posted here before, but thought it'd be a great place to get good advice!! I'm an August 2010 bride getting married in the Portland area and I'm beginning to look into DJs. Does anyone have any recommendations? I really want someone who will get people to dance and have a great time, but not be cheesy or annoying! It's so hard to narrow it down just by doing online research! TIA!

Re: Wedding DJ recs?

• edited December 2011
    There's a post about 2/3 of the way down called "DJ/Emcee" with multiple recs.
  • velocitygrlvelocitygrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Cliint Kuper w/ Chad Dowling entertainment, and he was good!  Full review in bio.
  • edited December 2011
    Gavin - The Aussie DJ Cool Austrialian guy who refuses to play cheesy wedding songs and has great song choices and reccomendations!!   www.theaussiedj.com
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • miss_mylamiss_myla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I CANNOT say enough good things about Shawn at Event Team Entertainment. If you can book him, do it fast! Nothing cheesy, and you'll have people on the dance floor!
  • edited December 2011
    I used DJ Hes who is a local DJ for Corvallis and Portland. He is really nice, accomodating, and really reasonably priced. Loved him.
  • edited December 2011
    So I know this is a little... Conflict of Interest I guess, but my fiance is a Wedding DJ. I know he's got tons of good references and he's fairly inexpensive. Anyways, I just thought I'd put that out there. If you want some contact info just let me know. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,My moms friend just told me about a wedding show at the heathman hotel on broadway in portland  and they haveDJ's there and giving away a 1800.00 dress from AniA bridal
  • FutureACEFutureACE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DO NOT USE PORTLAND PRO DJS!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_wedding-dj-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:10407432Post:62180840">Wedding DJ recs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gavin - The Aussie DJ Cool Austrialian guy who refuses to play cheesy wedding songs and has great song choices and reccomendations!!   <a href="http://www.theaussiedj.com" rel="nofollow">www.theaussiedj.com</a>
    Posted by Pinkwoman[/QUOTE]

My bride is 95% sure she is goign with Gavin. I am going to preview his talent at the end of December to see him in "action". I am very excited. Plus, he is very affordable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards