Wedding Party

Shawl/Pashmina/Scarf Suggestions

I'm getting married in March in New Jersey and would like to get my bridesmaids something to wear over their arms in case they're cold. Does anyone have suggestions as to where to look?

Thanks

Re: Shawl/Pashmina/Scarf Suggestions

• I'd check out some department stores. Macy's, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom's, etc. 

I just want to add that I think this is very nice of you. I was in a friend's wedding in NY in February. It was balls cold and she had us in strapless dresses. And she wouldn't let us wear shawls or cover ups. We all froze. She made us take 30 minutes worth of pictures outside. 
  • I married in March (in NJ too!) and bought my girls shawls from ebay.  I was able to buy them in bulk.  I made sure to purchase them from someone who took returns in case they were crappy when they arrived.  But they were very soft and the girls loved them!  I think they were about $5 each since I purchased in bulk and they had a whole host of colors to choose from.
  • Lol. Where in jersey are you and what color are you looking for? The store I work for is putting some on sale for 1.99 on Wednesday.

Anniversary
  • We're getting married at the Cathedral in Newark with reception at the Westmount Country Club. I'm not 100% sure yet, but will most likely go with black shawls
  • I was married a couple years ago in February in NYC and bought my BM's pashmina shawls...thepashminastore.com had a huge sale from Black Friday through Cyber Monday. 
  • eileenrob That sale would be perfect timing for me. Thanks! 
  • It got pashminas for my girls from Macy's. They were $25 I think.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I saw some on Etsy.
  • I did etsy pashminas, I think they were $10 each. 
    One for each of them, and one for me so we all have them
  • I bought some for my BMs from some deal on Groupon.  But normally, I'd look a Macy's if I wanted to shop in person, or Amazon if I wanted to shop online.
    *********************************************************************************

• LDay2014 said:
    I did etsy pashminas, I think they were $10 each. 
    @LDay2014 Do you mind sharing the name of the shop/seller? I have been looking on Etsy, but haven't been able to find any that were of decent quality but not super expensive, or where the seller didn't have a lot of bad reviews.
  • I'd check out some department stores. Macy's, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom's, etc. 

I just want to add that I think this is very nice of you. I was in a friend's wedding in NY in February. It was balls cold and she had us in strapless dresses. And she wouldn't let us wear shawls or cover ups. We all froze. She made us take 30 minutes worth of pictures outside. 
    Oh fuck no!  This past winter was fucking brutal in the Northeast, was she totally outside her mind?!

I would have been wearing my down maxi coat in between each shot, and I would have told her to kiss my frozen ass if she tried to say otherwise.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• LDay2014 said:
    I did etsy pashminas, I think they were $10 each. 
    @LDay2014 Do you mind sharing the name of the shop/seller? I have been looking on Etsy, but haven't been able to find any that were of decent quality but not super expensive, or where the seller didn't have a lot of bad reviews.
    I got them through Bridal Bridesmaid - they're by no means a super fancy one but they were true to colour and are nice and soft.

• On etsy, the seller's name is Yadi, can't remember the whole name, sorry
  • I got mine on Etsy from shop name WeddingShawls. Lots of colours, decent price!
  • We're getting married in 2 weeks and have no idea what to expect of the weather. I got them matching pashminas on Amazon for ~$10/each. Our colors are black, white and burgundy and the girls got burgundy to match their dresses.

I also bought a couple in black for the moms.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I got my bridesmaids monogrammed scarves/shawls on Etsy from TheJoyfulPeach. The woman who runs the shop was amazing to work with and super quick! Tons of colors to choose from. Absolutely loved these.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards