Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Wedding Renewal- No Attendants

We are renewing our vows after 20 years (Whew!). My question is this... Since we are not having any attendants other than our daughter who is walking down the aisle too, how should we seat our original wedding party, in order to honor their presence? I think our venue (a restaurant) only seats 4 to a table.  Wedding party consisted of 4 attendants for me, three for him.  Our attendants are now all married, except we have one widow who will probably not bring a date.

Re: Wedding Renewal- No Attendants

• Options
    naniesday said:
    We are renewing our vows after 20 years (Whew!). My question is this... Since we are not having any attendants other than our daughter who is walking down the aisle too, how should we seat our original wedding party, in order to honor their presence? I think our venue (a restaurant) only seats 4 to a table.  Wedding party consisted of 4 attendants for me, three for him.  Our attendants are now all married, except we have one widow who will probably not bring a date.
    I am confused as to why you feel you need to honor their attendance? You should be honoring everyone's attendance at your renewal. A renewal is about you and your H and the commitment you are wishing to re-solidify, not about those who were your attendants at your wedding 20 years ago.

I would just seat them with whomever else you wish to...just treat them like all your other guests because really all your guests are equally important.

• Options
    Yes, just seat them like any other guest.  Make sure the spouses or SOs are sitting together.  You can seat them closer to you and your H if you wish.  This might make them feel a little "special" or at least make it easier for you to spend time with them, since it sounds like you are still close.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    Congratulations on your 20 years of marriage!  Here is a great site for planning vow renewals:
    http://www.idotaketwo.com/blog/vow-renewal-etiquette/?q=vow_renewal_etiquette.html

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I would definitely say just give them the tables closest to the front of the aisle, and make sure their SOs can sit with them!
    Congrats on 20 years! That's awesome!
  • Options
    You don't need to do anything in particular. Seat them wherever you want or don't bother with assigning them a row/pew/seat. It might be nice if you gave them bouts and corsages to honor them.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards