Wedding Woes

Morning

I stayed up way too late watching MNF with DH.  I need coffee.  ::yawn::

A hurricane hit Cabo late Sunday and we're already getting the panicked e-mails of people traveling WAY in the future, worried about what's going on.  It's never the people who are traveling in the next week or two, it's always the people who are confirmed for 3+ months away.  It's too early and your check-in date is way too far away for this.  We need to hear from our resorts before we can make any decisions.  Simmer down spanky. 

Re: Morning

• Good morning. I'm tired but here.

3 weeks until the wedding and I'm going hard at the gym. Well, hard for me.:)

• I've finally come out of the cave.  I spent all of yesterday staring into space.  Why?  Who knows.

I'm here though---with coffee.  MMmmm.
  • I had to get up early to do payroll this morning.

DH is off today and making me bacon and eggs.

I don't drink coffee, but I do need caffeine.
  • Okay, MrsC, I can't figure out what MNF is.

I'm taking back the shoes.  I'm never going to wear those things, no matter how much I like them.

I'm blah right now.  My stupid period is coming on.  I'm really tired of this thing.
  • MNF = Monday Night Football.  
  • Hahahaha.  I should've figured that out.  I kept trying to think of shows we all watched and couldn't come up with anything.

It's blatantly obvious, at times, that I'm not a sports person.
  • LOL, V. 

I just made a pot of coffee it was all watered down.  The water spout thingee didn't get all the way over the grounds and most of the water went down the side.  Grr.  I need to make a new pot.  We need a new coffeemaker, but again...not buying shit until we're in the new house.  
  • tawillers said:
    I don't drink coffee
    ^^^ Does not compute.  I wish I had some bacon and eggs right now, though.  Mmmmm.
  • Mrs.Conn--if you didn't drink a ton, or would be okay with a 5 cup pot (which is great for a person like me who is the only one in the house that drinks coffee), I would have a great suggestion.  But I doubt it so I'll keep it to myself.  ::mumbles  zojirushi::

• DH and I are both huge coffee drinkers, so yeah...A 5 cup would not work.  ;)  
  • Drat.  I love this dang coffee maker.  I've taken it with me when traveling is how much I love it.
  • my keurig did awful this morning, it was strong and I think it held the spoon up by itself.

BUT, caffination is keeping the migraine hovering at the edge of my left eye at bay, so, I drank the swill.

I wrote letters instead of sewing last night, so that's still looming (but sewing would have irritated my eyes last night--I was to sluggishly brained to measure well).

Buffy told me last night how much she really really REALLY always wanted a girl kitten.  And our girl cat doesn't count, apparently.  NO.
  • All I have this a.m. are randoms:
    • DD officially wants to be Elsa for Halloween.  I found her a costume, but DS's Olaf is backordered.  Here's hoping it arrives next month, as promised, and we don't have to choose something random.
    • DH has been consumed with work since Saturday, and it sucks.  I know I'm nowhere near a single mom, but it feels like it right now, KWIM?  We hardly see each other, he never sees the kids, so I tried emailing him yesterday and that went into a black hole.  So ready for this to be over, but then there's always a next time.
    • I feel a little guilty for not doing a big event for DS's birthday, but no one on either side can make it, and frankly, I think DS would enjoy an outing more.  So we're doing that, then cake and presents, but I still feel a little like Slacker Mom.
    • I need something new and sexy to wear for date night
  • I don't drink coffee either Taw. I do drink a Diet Coke in the morning which I'm sure is worse.

DS is driving me crazy in the mornings. I need him to get up and get ready, but unless I sit there and stand over him he just futzes around. And if I stand there, he pouts and tells me he can do it by himself. Gah, just put your fracking socks on and brush your damn teeth kid. It took him 45 minutes to get ready. And then he pouted in the car because I wouldn't let him play. FFS. 

At least DD was being cute in the backseat with her "Mamamamamama" talk. 
  • Oh, and I want to burn all the shirtdresses.  That is all.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2014
    The dicking around in the morning makes me crazy.  DefConn is starting to do that. I'm an unapologetic hustler.  I don't care how much you cry, you're not making me late. 

He was cute this morning because he ran in the kitchen saying he was going to say Hi to H and then he ended up snatching DH's PB toast, took a bite, and then ran away.  
  • I just told DH I need a better morning routine because kinder and preschool days are awful.  I do appreciate when they are gone.  I sold 3 things on-line, picked up a jacket for Max, got gas, went INTO the bank and the grocery store, worked out, and cleaned a bathroom. 
  • DD is a notorious dawdler, but she had been doing pretty well with the new schedule up until one day last week.  So I busted out the natural consequences, and told her if she doesn't have enough time to get ready for school without missing the bus, then I guess I'd just have to start getting her up earlier.  She's been on time ever since.

But I hate that my kid has to get up before she's ready, regardless.

Oh, other random:  for DD's bedtime reading, we've started Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.  I was already a grownup when these became a thing, and I didn't read them at the time, so they're new to both of us.  Good times. 
  • I don't drink coffee - but I'm so tired this morning, I wish I did. 

@6fsn - is 6let still having breathing issues? did they look at the possibility that he has a mild case of enterovirus d68: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/respiratory-virus-enterovirus-d68-infected-thousands/story?id=25519869
  • @*Barbie* He is still having issues.  It's bee going on since spring plus we were at pulmonology and the pedi yesterday and they both ruled this out.  I am keeping a closer eye on him though because of this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards