Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Reviews from 29th July 2014

deeandrob1984deeandrob1984 member
5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
edited September 2014 in Nevada-Las Vegas

Hello all,

Sorry I’m a bit late with posting this review. We had the most amazing honeymoon after the wedding and now it's back to reality!

Our Las Vegas wedding was everything we dreamed of and more! I wish we could do it all again. Here are my reviews, I hope they are helpful. Without the help of this board I wouldn’t have been able to have this amazing day.

Encore (Hotel) - A++++++++++++++

We spit our 6 days in Las Vegas over two hotels. Encore then Cosmopolitan Hotel (another review) as we wanted to try both plus the cost of the Cosmo suite was much cheaper during the week. The Encore was simply amazing form the moment we checked in until we left. We arrived very early after our long flight from Sydney, Australia. They checked us straight in at 10am! We got a great room on the 60th floor! We had a 'King Suite' the room was massive, lots of room for hanging dresses and suits! We had a great view also. The customer service at this hotel was outstanding and the quality of towels, linen provided was excellent. When we come to Vegas this will be the place we will always stay!

Cosmopolitan Hotel - F

I really wish we had stayed at the Encore! I was very excited about staying at the Cosmo as the rooms looked 'trendy', the central location and of course the amazing views of the fountains! Apart from the view everything else was awful. The check in process was a complete nightmare and we ended up waiting 6 hours to get into our room. The rooms are very run down and very dirty. There was rubbish left from the previous guests in the room as well as their dirty towels! Took housekeeping 45 mins to come and remove it! Apart from the terrible service and the tired/dirty rooms the worst part about my stay at the Cosmo was when my wedding dress was placed in ‘secure’ storage for me to only find it on the floor with foot print marks all over it! Luckily the dress was in a protective cover but as you can imagine how horrified I was to find my wedding dress and my husband’s wedding suit on the floor being trampled on by the hotel staff. When I complained to the hotel staff they did not seem concerned at all saying I leave my personal belongings with them at my risk! The way I was treated by the hotel staff was shocking and I have no idea how this hotel is still in operation?! Based on my personal experience of the Cosmo hotel, I would never stay here!

Harmony Make Up A+++++++++++

Harmony was outstanding. The makeup was perfect, my hair was exactly how I imagined it to be. She was spot on time for both my trial and the makeup on the big day. She was a pleasure to talk to and immediately understood what it was I was looking for. I’m so glad I picked Harmony, wish I could have her every day to do my hair and makeup.

Presidential Limo’s A

Limo’s were perfect! On time, very accommodating when we stopped at various parts on the strip for photo’s.  The drivers were professional, very well presented and friendly. Only down side was I found the Hummer to be very hot inside. Yes, it was pushing 40 degrees outside so I didn’t expect the aircon to be working to it full capacity but it was hotter inside than would’ve liked. Other than that these guys were great and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.

Caesars Palace (Juno Gardens) – A

Caesars Palace was great to deal with from start to finish. The gardens are absolutely stunning. Very green and very well kept. The gardens made great photos! You have to walk through the pool area to get to the gardens so if you camera shy this may not be the place for you! I enjoyed it; everyone was congratulating us and taking photos. It was nice! Only hic up on the day was we paid extra to have our own photographer on site and I had arranged this with my coordinator but the Caesars Palace photographer still showed up. It was a little awkward but it was fine. We found paying the fee to have our own photographer on site and having his for the whole day was cheaper than paying for four extra hours for the Caesars Palace photographer.

Canaletto (The Venetian Hotel) – A++++++

We booked the Il Moro room at Canaletto as it was just the perfect size for our wedding group (10 people) The room was beautiful and the view over ‘St Marks’ square was amazing. The food was outstanding. One of the best meals of my life. It was fresh and there was lots of it! The fresh bread was beautiful. I wish I eat it all again! Each and everyone one of our guests loved their meal too. Canaletto was excellent value for money also especially as the quality of the food was excellent. Our waiter was tentative and always there when we needed him but also gave us privacy.

Joey Allen Photography - A

Joey was great. He was on time; he had a lot of equipment and three cameras! He had some great ideas for shots and quickly worked out exactly the types of photo's we wanted! He's great at putting you at ease and having my photograph taken is not my favourite this to do! He took over 1,700 photos and put them on a disk for us. We had our honeymoon straight after the wedding and then went back to the UK to see family before heading back to Australia. By the time we got home (approx 4 weeks later) our photos were there on our doorstep when we arrived! Joey was excellent value for money and would not hesitate to recommend him. Check out a few photos I have posted on here so you can see an example of his work.

Thanks everyone again for all your help with my questions I’ve had. I hope these reviews are of use to someone. Please feel free to ask me any questions about my trip or vendors. I’m happy to help!

Good luck all your future Las Vegas brides!

Re: Reviews from 29th July 2014

• Options
    Wow! I'm really surprised about your experience at the Cosmo. We've stayed there twice and they were exceptional both times. I'm glad you liked Joey Allen. I booked him too! It sounds like his turn around is very fast.
  • Options
    I was very surprised by the Cosmo too. I was so looking forward to staying there, it didnt ruin our whole trip but it did write off one of our days in LV which was very annoying. The reviews regarding the Cosmo on Trip Advisor is very mixed though. Some like it, some don't. It is very much geared to the early twenties crowd therefore it would make sense the rooms arent great and very run down.
  • Options
    Sounds like a wonderful time.  I am sorry to hear about the Cosmo.  Yikes, I booked there for 3 nights.  I guess I should keep looking.  Thank you for the reviews!
  • Options
    Our rooms have always been fantastic and not at all what I would consider run down.  I would have complained and gotten some comps out of it.  The first time we went, they were doing some construction or something above us, and they ended up comping our last night's stay.  Maybe you just caught them at an off time?  I would still send them an email with all of your complaints and see if you can get something out of it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the great reviews!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This is great information. I didn't consider Cosmo and yesterday my Vegas guardian angel said they were a bitch to deal with. Guess your experience just adds to that. Good news is they've just been bought and I would expect big changes with the new ownership!
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Thanks for sharing!

So bummed to hear about your Cosmo experience. Hoping for the best for us as we're staying at Aria but booked the Cosmo for one night JUST to have the ceremony on the wraparound terrace. We don't HAVE to stay there overnight but I am hoping it's in good enough condition that we could if we wanted to! All of our guests will be at Aria too so we'll see.

I am glad to hear about your Canaletto experience as we have been on the fence about booking there or sticking with the dinner we've booked at the Cosmo in the Fountain Room at Scarpetta. My hesitation was simply taking the time to travel as opposed to the convenience of the ceremony and dinner at the same place. Do you have reception pics you can share and/or pics of how the room was set up? The reviews for Canaletto are extremely mixed as well (like the Cosmo) but I notice that those who do private dinners/receptions etc seem quite happy as opposed to diners that just pop in for a meal.

We are going to Vegas in November and plan to see both of the restaurant spaces. 

Your reviews are very helpful!

• Options
    Congratulations! I've been looking out for your reviews since we picked all the same locations :) I'm really disappointed to hear about the cosmopolitan. We really loved it last year; preferring it to the Encore. Hopefully it improves with new management. Sounds like everything else was great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards