Wedding Reception Forum

How many venues did you check out? (update in thread)

2»

Re: How many venues did you check out? (update in thread)

• We had a hard time picking a date to begin with since I am becoming Catholic,( long process) so when we finally had our date it was less than a year away.
    I called a bunch of places around here and there were only two or three that had my date available.
    So I made an appointment with two places and finally narrowed it down.

• I Reseachered a ton online, called two for more info., Emailed a place for info., visited two in person (one of the ones I called and one was spur of the moment because we were eating there and the lady happened to be there to show us after FMIL pestering her a bit). We went with the second place we saw. The first place was beautiful, but the lady seemed unorganized and difficult to work with. Went home and read some reviews that confirmed what I thought. Second place we saw isn't as pretty, but it is a brewhaus, so it fits our style. The lady is really professional and seems to know what she is talking about. They have no bad reviews I can find for their banquets. We went with the second place.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have toured three places so far, have three more scheduled, plus a bridal show.  We are checking out small cheaper places and grander expensive ones too.  The way I see it, I've walked away from each learning something new about the process and what exactly I will want.  FI and I have also become quite good at haggling!  I say if you have the time to tour lots of places, you should, if for no other reason for the experience.
  • I researched a ton online, and we looked at 6 in person. We ended up booking the 5th one that we looked at, but I think that just happened to be in the order that we saw them. If we had seen our venue first, I think we probably would have gone to one more, and then gone back to book our current venue. However, my experience was that the ones that looked awesome online actually didn't fit our needs as much as I thought. 

Also, the 6th one that we saw was quite lovely, but it was almost an instant no for us because we crashed someone else's wedding during our tour. FI and I asked if we could guarantee that it wouldn't happen during ours if we were to book, and they were quite rude about that request because they apparently give so many tours that it just wasn't possible. 

• I did a lot of research, called/emailed a lot of places. We ended up going to 5 I think. I know I had appointments for 2 other places that I ended up canceling. The day we found saw our venue we went to 3 other places as well, and it wasn't an immediate decision. Mainly because the venue we ended up choosing is 100% not what we originally wanted! I actually liked another one better, but it was way too expensive. Once we started talking about it, and looking at the pictures/information again, we started to realize how much we both really liked it. I think we were just hesitant to completely go against our original plan. But once we went back to sign the contract, walking in I immediately knew it was the right choice.
  • I researched several and then picked 5-6 we wanted to go see...The second place we went to, we just knew was the one (just like finding him and the dress!). We went to our third appointment, but I could not focus and was thinking about the other place the whole time. I ended up cancelling all the other tour appointments I had made and booking the second place. 

I think it's nice to see what is out there, but if you can't get your mind off the first place, it's probably the one you should book!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards