Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday randoms

1.  I love fall.  I love the cooler weather and getting ready for Halloween.

2.  Since it has been fall-like outside, it's time for sneakers again.  DD2 got a new pair around the end of April.  I can only find one damn shoe.  I have cleaned out both girls' rooms, looked under couches, in the basement, etc.  Before I decided how invested I wanted to get in the search today, I had her try on the one shoe I did have.  Of course it's too small.  I think she wore them for less than 2 weeks before we broke out the sandals and much loved slip-ons from ON.  So now that I have to buy her a new pair of shoes, this lost one will magically turn up within a week, I guarantee it.

3.  My sister texts me wedding things and I love.every.minute.of it.

4.  We need an updated family picture.  The last one we got professionally taken was when DD2 was 9mo.  But this time, I'm going to find our outfits BEFORE I book the photographer.  I'm usually scrambling to coordinate outfits and end up hating what I'm wearing or just not completely happy with the overall look.  I'm going to do it with no procrastination this time.

Re: Wednesday randoms

• Options
    tell her to get a reem acra or a pnina tornai.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2014
    My randoms:

1. Some guy showed up and took pics of my house.  He knocked on the door, but I was taking calls. I think he was an adjuster, but I'm not sure.  I called my mom and told her to tell the other RE agent that it's rude to not let people know that people are coming by to do house-buying-related stuff. 

2. I'm dyyyyyinnnng to see the pics that our photog took this weekend.  DefConn was in the best mood and hammed it up. 

3. We bought a 20 pack of individual Wholly Gucamoles from Costco.  I've eaten, like 7, since Saturday.  

4. I want to go clothing and shoe shopping something fierce.  I also want new make-up.  
    5. 23 days (fingers crossed) until we move. 
  • Options

We haven't had pics taken since our wedding.  I'm down to two jackets for me.  One is casual and puffy.  One is a definite blazer.  I need to try them on and take a pic and let you folks decide. 

I love my neighborhood. 

We have 2 bday parties and a wedding in an 8 day span.  I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE WEDDING.  I'll know  a lot of fun women there and I'll get to dance with my husband.  I'm only bummed we can't meet them at the swanky restaurant for apps and pre-wedding drinks.

• Options
    NO BLAZER.
  • Options
    i'm loving that one of the best-selling costumes for women on target is from sleepwear. it's from sleepwear because it's footies jammies, not because it's sleazy. also, chris march foam wigs are back!
  • Options
    I'm mildly obsessed with the Outlander series on Starz. It's one of my favorite series of books and the show is really living up to my expectations.

I also have a minor crush on Michael Sheen, though I hate his character on Masters of Sex. I also have crush on Lizzy Caplan.
  • Options
    tawillers said:
    1.  I love fall.  I love the cooler weather and getting ready for Halloween.

4.  We need an updated family picture.  The last one we got professionally taken was when DD2 was 9mo.  But this time, I'm going to find our outfits BEFORE I book the photographer.  I'm usually scrambling to coordinate outfits and end up hating what I'm wearing or just not completely happy with the overall look.  I'm going to do it with no procrastination this time.
    1.  I love Halloween so much, I have to force myself to chill.  I decided I'm not going to start cutting DD's sandwiches into ghosts and bats until Oct. 1, and ditto for Halloween stickers on her lunch notes.  I will probably not stick to this.

4.  I have been saying for months that we need to do pics, so it's time I got off my butt and did something about it.
    My randoms:

1. Some guy showed up and took pics of my house.  He knocked on the door, but I was taking calls. I think he was an adjuster, but I'm not sure.  I called my mom and told her to tell the other RE agent that it's rude to not let people know that people are coming by to do house-buying-related stuff. 

3. We bought a 20 pack of individual Wholly Gucamoles from Costco.  I've eaten, like 7, since Saturday.  
    1.  OMG, the exact same thing happened when we sold our house.  I ran home at lunch one day, and when I went to leave, there was a car blocking me in my own damn garage.  So I walked around going "Hello?  Uh, hello?" and this tiny woman with a big camera practically ran to the car and as she was getting in basically said "HiI'mFromStateFarm kthxbye."  Um?

3.  I wish I had some guacamole right.now.
    6fsn said:

I love my neighborhood. 

I love our new neighborhood, too.  And I love that DD has a friend down the street and they can play at each other's houses, I don't have to schedule and drive and everything.

Some of my randoms are more confessions:

1.  If the kids do end up going as Elsa and Olaf, I am so tempted to wear this Keep Calm and Let It Go shirt for ToTing, since I usually don't dress up.  But I would never wear it again, and might laugh at someone else for wearing it.  Maybe I'd wear it again if my mom gets her wish and we do another family Disney trip for her 65th next year.  Big if.

2.  My new favorite casual pants are from Gander Mountain.  Y'all, I don't even have any words, I don't even know who I am anymore.  I had to get a Nalgene bottle, I didn't have time to go to REI but they just opened a Gander Mountain by work, I went in and saw the pants, and one thing led to another.  Next thing you know, I'll be wearing a Bass Pro Shops hat or something.  But these pants, they are like heaven.

3.  My brother is dating again.  Good for him.  After some run of the mill bad dates, he hit it off with this woman, and now they are seeing each other fairly regularly and she invited him as her +1 to this wedding next month.  Because his life is all about me, I think they should date for another year or so, get engaged, and then by the time the wedding actually rolls around, DS will be old enough to be their ring bear and DD will probably still be young enough to be FG.  Win-win-win.

4.  My grandmother is turning 98 in a week!  And I have no idea what to get her.  Talk about having everything.  She's 98, if she hasn't gotten something by now, she probably doesn't need it.  DD is making--sorry, handcrafting--her a card, but I'd like to send a gifty-gift, too.
  • Options
    @Heffalump,

What are these pants?  I want to know more about them. 

And I think the plan for your brother is a good one.  He really should listen to you and just let you plan it all out for him.  ;)
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2014

@Heffalump,

And I think the plan for your brother is a good one.  He really should listen to you and just let you plan it all out for him.  ;)
    "new favorite casual pants" is clicky and will take you straight to them.  They are nothing special to look at, but they are stretchy and don't wrinkle and they don't have pockets in weird places that make me look lumpy. 
  • Options
    Heffalump said:
    2.  My new favorite casual pants are from Gander Mountain.  Y'all, I don't even have any words, I don't even know who I am anymore.   
  • Options
    Heffalump said:

@Heffalump,

"new favorite casual pants" is clicky and will take you straight to them.  They are nothing special to look at, but they are stretchy and don't wrinkle and they don't have pockets in weird places that make me look lumpy. 
    Those pants belong in the 'you know you're old when' post.  ;) 
  • Options
    Quiet you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards