Not Engaged Yet

Livening Things Up!

It's so quiet in here these days.  I feel like unless it's an OLW, chat thread, or a newbie asking about engagement stuff/acting BSC, it's almost dead in here.  So, survey time!

1)  Tell us about something you're really proud of, and why you're proud of it.

2)  Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really happy about.

3)  Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really unhappy about.

4)  How are things between you and your SO at this very moment?

5)  Are your nails polish right now?  If so, what color?

6)  When is your next vacation and where are you going?

7)  What is your favorite quote from the Harry Potter Series?  If you're not into HP, what's your favorite quote in general?

8)  Are you close with your family?

9)  What is your favorite season and why?

10)  For those of you that are already married, what would you redo about your wedding?  For those not married, tell us something unique that you KNOW you want for your wedding.

Re: Livening Things Up!

• 1)  Tell us about something you're really proud of, and why you're proud of it.

-Being the first in my family to go to college and putting myself through college and law school while working and still with great grades

2)  Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really happy about.

-Moving day is tomorrow!!!!

3)  Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really unhappy about.

-My weight.

-Good.  We are happy to be moving to our new place and start a fitness routine together (he has to gain, I have to loose).  The fitness topics between the two of us leave me a little raw sometimes though.

-Nope.

-No idea.  I want Mexico for my b-day and H wants the Carribean. 

7)  What is your favorite quote from the Harry Potter Series?  If you're not into HP, what's your favorite quote in general?

-I'll have to get back to you on this one.

-Yes but its strained sometimes since my family does everything for my sister and not a ton for me.  I've gotten past it but H resents it big time.

-Summer...love to be outdoors and can't wait to do a garden next year.

10)  For those of you that are already married, what would you redo about your wedding?  For those not married, tell us something unique that you KNOW you want for your wedding.

-I wouldn't have brought our dog to the hotel where we were getting ready at.  He had a panic attack that no one told me about until it passed and I was PISSED I wasn't there to help him and that I put him in that situation.

• I'll start!

I'm really proud to have a happy, healthy marriage.  I was raised with no examples of what a healthy relationship looked like, and I'm proud I didn't continue that cycle.

I'm really happy at work.  It's going really well.  I just launched a website.  And I LOVE my boss.

It's a tie.  I'm unhappy that I have had to estrange myself from my family recently.  And I'm unhappy that DH and I have not made a plan about where we'll be living, and for how long.

They're good.  I think they're a bit stressed right now because I don't know where we'll be living in the coming months and years, and DH seems really hesitant to make a plan with me.

5)  Are your nails polished right now?  If so, what color?

They are.  They're minty green, a shade called L'Oreal Pistachio Dream. On my ring fingers, I layered a coat of the Sally Hansen Fuzzy nailpolish in Sea Green (or something like that?)

DH and I are going to Tahiti in just under a month!

Favorite HP Quote:  "It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Not really, no.

FALL!  I love the cooling temperatures.  I love the smell of wood burning stoves just starting to turn on.  I love the crunch of the leaves under your shoes.

I go back & forth on this.  I think I may have just eloped.  I definitely would've gotten a different dress.
  • I'll play! I love surveys!

1)  Tell us about something you're really proud of, and why you're proud of it.  I managed to get out of bed this morning after 2 days of struggling with depression and anxiety so bad that I haven't been able to leave my house.  It might seem like a small victory, but it's a big one to me.

2)  Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really happy about.  I'm finally actually seeing the light at the end of the grad school tunnel.  If I can stick to my dissertation schedule, I should be able to graduate in May!

3)  Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really unhappy about.  Mr. Historian is deploying.  Again.

4)  How are things between you and your SO at this very moment?  As good as they can be, considering his impending departure.  I'm just trying to be as supportive as I possibly can and make sure he knows I'm behind him no matter what.

5)  Are your nails polish right now?  If so, what color?  Not my fingers, but my toes are pink!

6)  When is your next vacation and where are you going?  The BFF and I are planning a trip to New Orleans for next summer sometime...it'll be my joint graduation/"we've been BFFs for 10 years" vacation.

7)  What is your favorite quote from the Harry Potter Series?  If you're not into HP, what's your favorite quote in general?  "It's levi-OH-sa, not levi-oh-SAAAA."  I'm basically Hermione.

8)  Are you close with your family?  Extremely.  We're big and loud, and I love it.  My nephew's first birthday is next week and so we're currently all trying to figure out how to talk that day, even though we're spread out all across the country.

9)  What is your favorite season and why?  Fall...partly because it's my birthday season and partly because the Oklahoma summer always sucks.  And because I love boots and cardigans.

10)  For those of you that are already married, what would you redo about your wedding?  For those not married, tell us something unique that you KNOW you want for your wedding.  Not married yet, but...I want to turn my church's fellowship hall into a Middle Eastern paradise for the reception.  I'm not 100% sure how this is going to happen, but I love DIY, so I'll figure something out!
  • @Loves2Shop4Shoes I love this idea! 

I am really proud of the fact that I've learnt to not take things personally. In the past I was always blaming myself for things and apologizing for everything (I literally mean everything). In reality? I would overanalyze the situation to fault myself. I am proud that I've been practicing this behavior, because my self worth has increased, and I feel better about my life. 
    I am really happy about my academic accomplishments! 
    Sometimes its hard to balance all the roles I carry in my life. For example being a student,an intern, a mom, and a FIee while juggling a part time job is difficult. I manage but sometimes I get really stressed. 
    We are pretty good, I have no real issues of concern. The only complaint I have is that he leaves the toilet seat up (I am scared that FI will forget to lock it and once Emmett starts to walk he'll fall **I know its an irrational fear but I still fear it**). 
    No I wish! 
    We don't have a vacation planned other than our honeymoon in Fiji. 
    "I hope you're pleased with yourselves. We could have been killed-or worse, EXPELLED" Cause ya know, being expelled from school is worse than death...
    Decent. I have to set up boundaries with my mother. She has a lot of issues and I often am hurt by some of the things she says/does. I know she isn't trying to hurt me on purpose, but I can only handle so much before I break. 
    Fall, pumpkin everything! 
    10)  For those of you that are already married, what would you redo about your wedding?  For those not married, tell us something unique that you KNOW you want for your wedding?
    I know that I will be using my cousins for flower girls and a ring barer. We plan on using a remote control truck to have them come down the aisle (they're young). This remote control car also has a weird sentimental value...when one of my younger cousins had a loose tooth, he basically had another cousin tie his tooth onto this remote control truck and pulled it. Its weird...but my family members will get a good laugh out of it. 
  • 1)  Tell us about something you're really proud of, and why you're proud of it.
    I'm proud that I am going for this PMP certification.  it took a lot of guts and I've got a lot riding on it. 

I'm happy about my first new paycheck tomorrow!  I'm also happy my old manager isn't breathing down my neck all the time.

I'm unhappy about the health insurance trickery that happened.

awesome!!  we had a big disagreement last week, but he has really stepped up and took over things so I can focus on this PMP class and exam.  I'm very grateful.

clear

we are going to NM for Thanksgiving (not a vacay really) and San Diego for New Years!

"get comfortable with being uncomfortable".  I remind myself that all the time!

moderately.

fall!  except that it leads to winter, my least favorite.  :(  I love the changing of the season, the crisp air, the gorgeous colors.

I would have not let my mom make so many decisions.  I would have had the reception somewhere else.
    I am insanely proud of my girls. I feel like I've raised (so far) some pretty awesome members of society with good hearts and strong heads. It gives me hope for our future if these two are running the joint!
    I'm really effing happy to be MARRIED! I have an amazing husband and cannot wait to see what life brings us. 
    The girls' father recently got fired, which means it will be another 6-ish months before we get child support again, and of course we're getting into the really expensive time of the year. I also would like to find a new career path that I can succeed in and make more $$.
    We're still in that blissful honeymoon stage. We're going through Financial Peace University right now and thank heavens for that because we need it! 
    Yes, they're done in a French manicure. Leftover from the wedding! I never paint my nails, I hate the way it feels, but I've adapted to the polish for now, so maybe I'll keep it up? H really likes the look. ;-)
    We were supposed to go to VA in October and stay with H's uncle, but it's looking like Q won't be able to get time off of work, and if he did, we might be a little tighter than normal due to exH.
    "Do not pity the dead Harry. Pity the living and above all, those who live without love." - Albus Dumbledore
    "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
    Yes, I'm pretty close to my family. Not all of them, but most of them. I work with my mom, so I guess we have to be close lol 
    I love Fall, even though we don't have that season here. I feel like it's full of all sorts of great things, like the beginning of the holiday season starting with Halloween. It's just the bees knees.
    Hmm I probably would have saved some additional money to beef it up a little more, but really, it was exactly what we were looking for. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Dignity100Dignity100 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2014
    I guess I'm proud that I'm pretty independent; I might be indecisive and like to get opinions on thing, but I still manage.  I got good grades in school because I wanted to, bought my house when I was young and have just managed to hold myself to a 'high standard'.

I'm getting Married!

My weight and my stress level.

Pretty good - we're both stressed because of work stuff and wedding stuff - we're ALWAYS on the run.

No color right now.

Disney World!!!! October 2014 (less than 30 days away!!)

Follow the Spiders!!  Why couldn't it be follow the butterflies? -Ron

Not at the moment

Fall - I love the smells and the weather and everything else except the spiders!

There's a few unique things about my wedding' we're having our wedding at Disney World and my favorite part about it is we're having a private Illuminations (firework show) Dessert Party

This will be us :o)

Edit: to bold stuff and make it easier to read

Anniversary
  • 1)  Tell us about something you're really proud of, and why you're proud of it. I'm really proud of my masters degree (even though I'm still finishing that damn thesis). There were times I really didn't feel like I could finish it but I made it through and it was a great experience (even though sometimes I wanted to quit!)

2)  Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really happy about. I love my teaching job! I'm really excited that I'm getting to teach at least one class in this fall because it makes me feel like I don't have to compromise on finding a job or accept a job I hate just for the money. The school I'm working for is fantastic and I can't imagine a better place to start out my teaching career, they are so supportive and have a million professional development opportunities. 

3)  Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really unhappy about. I'm not unhappy about this I'm more anxious about it - BF is now considering Med. school instead of going the research route. I'm 100% supportive of whichever he chooses but for some reason it's really stressing me out. We put so much work into figuring out how to make him a competitive candidate for a PhD program and I feel like we'd be starting all over if he decides to apply to med. school instead.

4)  How are things between you and your SO at this very moment? Things are great right now! I feel like a proposal is coming really soon and I'm excited. I'm pretty sure he picked a ring and for some reason that makes me less BSC. 

5)  Are your nails polish right now?  If so, what color? My nails are horrible right now. They don't look good at all. I went back to biting my nails, after being so good about not doing that all summer! I should paint them so that I stop, but they look stupid when they are painted but super short.

6)  When is your next vacation and where are you going? BF and I are discussing going to Idaho to see my family for Thanksgiving. I'm thinking of suggesting he come for Christmas instead though. We'll see what he says. 

7)  What is your favorite quote from the Harry Potter Series?  If you're not into HP, what's your favorite quote in general? It's so hard to pick just one! I think my favorite is probably "We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to actions. that's who we really are." - Sirius Black Or "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore

8)  Are you close with your family? We aren't super close. I don't call to talk with them every week but I do feel that we are a certain level of close just all very independent people. My brother actually just texted me a week or so ago asking if I want to get a matching tattoo with him. I haven't made up my mind yet. We're going to talk about it next time we are both in the same place.

9)  What is your favorite season and why? Fall. I love the cooler weather, corn mazes, Halloween, pumpkin everything, the leaves changing, and I'm weird and like that school starts.

10)  For those of you that are already married, what would you redo about your wedding?  For those not married, tell us something unique that you KNOW you want for your wedding. I'm not sure there is anything I KNOW I want that is especially unique. I'd like to walk down the aisle to this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSgU0gNL2Ac but my mom will really want us to get married in a church (that's going to be a battle) which I don't think would let me use this song so we'll see.

• @loves2shop4shoes - Sometimes I think eloping sounds really nice. Then I don't have to deal with other people's opinions but then I think about how upset everyone would be plus BF doesn't really like the idea anyway.

• edited September 2014

1) Tell us about something you're really proud of, and why you're proud of it.

I'm proud of getting my MBA I moved to WV for a grad school program where I knew no one. I became such a better person for it and learned so much,& so much about myself.   I was also required to spend the last 3 months of the program abroad, it was challenging but amazing

2) Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really happy about.

Trying to conceive soon

3) Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really unhappy about.
    I went back to dancing last night,  there are mostly college girls in the class and my dancing skills just aren't what they used to be. getting old sucks.

4) How are things between you and your SO at this very moment?

Very good, no complaints.

5) Are your nails polish right now? If so, what color?

not polished

6) When is your next vacation and where are you going?

We were going to try to do a small vacation this fall but it's been nixed because we want to try for a baby and we want to finish furnishing the rest of our home before said baby. Unless I get KU right away, we'll be going to the Bahamas in March for the timeshare.

7) What is your favorite quote from the Harry Potter Series? If you're not into HP, what's your favorite quote in general?

There are so many good Harry Potter quotes, "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one just remembers to turn on the light."

8) Are you close with your family?

Eh kind of

9) What is your favorite season and why?
    Summer, it's nice and hot.  My body doesn't do well in cold weather.

10) For those of you that are already married, what would you redo about your wedding? For those not married, tell us something unique that you KNOW you want for your wedding.

I would have been a lot more specific with my florist about details for my flowers, I felt like I was charged a lot and it didn't live up to my expectations or some of the pictures I sent her. 

Anniversary

• @loves2shop4shoes - Sometimes I think eloping sounds really nice. Then I don't have to deal with other people's opinions but then I think about how upset everyone would be plus BF doesn't really like the idea anyway.
    I just feel that way because when I look back on it, my wedding day was not the happiest day of my life.  The day we got engaged was.  And while my wedding was great, it wasn't really ALL about US.  WE made a LOT of sacrifices for a LOT of people, and there were opinions about EVERYTHING at every corner.  For me, that took away from the specialness of the day.  And I don't know that I'd invest that kind of money in doing that again.

The day we got engaged, it was just us two.  And it was all about how in love we are, and how we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together.  I remember we called everyone we knew, and we were so busy sharing the good news and celebrating that we forgot to go to dinner.  So we went to this little hole in the wall tapas place as they were closing, apologized profusely for coming in that late, and explained that we'd just gotten engaged.  The hostess demanded to see my ring and sat us down.  We ate tapas in this cozy booth, and I remember being so excited and happy that I whispered to DH, "Can I come and sit on your side of the booth with you?"  And we just ate and smiled.  It was the perfect intimate moment.
  • @Eilis1228 - Congrats on your weight loss! That's such an accomplishment, losing weight is a bitch!

• edited September 2014
    1) Tell us about something you're really proud of, and why you're proud of it. I'm really proud of how far I've come in my career. There are people who go to college specifically for what I do. I graduated college with a business degree and started in my industry basically as an Admin with ZERO experience. It took me 5 years - but I'm now a professional! 2) Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really happy about. I'M PREGNANT! 3) Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really unhappy about. My company is going through some big struggles this year and we may be facing layoffs. I'm not worried about my job, but the environment has changed a lot in just a couple weeks. 4) How are things between you and your SO at this very moment? Wonderful! 5) Are your nails polish right now? If so, what color? Yes - French! 6) When is your next vacation and where are you going? The only thing we have on the books right now is renting a cabin in the mountains with H's family for x-mas. Unfortunately our big vacation was 3 weeks ago, so it will be a while before we have another. 7) What is your favorite quote from the Harry Potter Series? If you're not into HP, what's your favorite quote in general? I love HP - but I can't think of any quotes right now. One of my favorite overall quotes is "The greatman is one who does not loose his child's heart" 8) Are you close with your family? Yes! 9) What is your favorite season and why? Fall. Leaves, scarves, hot beverages, boots, hats, crisp in the air, pumpkin patches and Thanksgiving! 10) For those of you that are already married, what would you redo about your wedding? For those not married, tell us something unique that you KNOW you want for your wedding. There honestly is not anything that I would really change. Even the mishaps are great stories now...and all I really remember is what an amazing day it was!

I just recently got promoted to Supervisor of my team at work. Not that I have an amazing job or anything but I never went to college and I'm still in my 20's so I think I'm doing OK for myself for not having gone to college. 

See above. I'm getting married in just under 9 months

I'm struggling with accepting that I have to invite people I don't particularly want at my wedding because FI isn't changing his mind on having a big wedding

Pretty good. They were REALLY rocky just a few weeks ago but we're pretty content right now.

nope, just took it off a couple days ago

our next real vacation will most likely be our HM and I have no idea where we're going yet

Never read HP. First quote that comes to mind is actually something I ready on a fortune cookie : "no matter what your past has been, you have a spotless future"

Yes

Probably Spring, it feels like a new beginning after winter. I HATE winter

I don't think I'm doing anything really unique for my wedding. I mean I don't want a "cookie cutter" wedding but I can't think of anything that hasn't been done before! 

• @bethsmiles I was definitely way less crazy after I knew FI (BF at the time) had bought the ring! It just made me know it was a lot closer- before I had no clue. It definitely eased my mind.
    I would not let your mom try to pressure you into a church wedding. I think that's something really personal. I know SO many people who got married in a church "just because" and it just wasn't "them"/
    I'm also super UN religious though so, yeah. 

I'm really proud of myself for a lot of things. I'm proud of the fact that I graduated with a B average for a really hard major, that I supported myself during college, that I landed a job a few weeks after college, that I married a fantastic human being, and that I'm honestly in the best health I've ever been in.
    That my sister is getting married and that H and I are generally in a very good state in our lives right now.
    That I'm not friends with a lot of my close girlfriends anymore because I got married. They feel like I don't have time for them anymore which isn't true and that I've lost touch with many of them.
    Wonderful! He really knows how to take care of me! I don't think I could be any happier with him.
    Negative.
    Don't know yet. I guess we are taking a mini-vacation next weekend to Madison, GA which is a historic town for a wedding?
    Wingardium Leviosa lol

VERY CLOSE!
    Fall because it smells awesome and I love sweaters and the leaves changing.
    I wouldn't redo anything because I honestly felt it was perfect! If I had to be extremely nit picky...I would have had more elaborate centerpieces but that's it.
  • @lavenderfields13 - I actually am religious I just don't want to get married in a building, I want to get married outside, it's much more me and BF. The ceremony will be religious either way though.

• @bethsmiles when I was looking for officiants most of them would officiate anywhere and add in as much religious context as you want- so hopefully when the time comes that will be a good compromise to appease your mom!

• @bethsmiles Thank you! It was a pain in the ass, but I'm glad I did it. I think I lost a little too much weight, so gaining some back wasn't completely terrible. I think my ideal weight is 5 pounds less than what I am now, but basically I just want to be healthy and comfortable in my own skin.

• It's so quiet in here these days.  I feel like unless it's an OLW, chat thread, or a newbie asking about engagement stuff/acting BSC, it's almost dead in here.  So, survey time!

I'm proud of buying my own house, because I secured a place to have whatever dogs I wanted without a landlord's approval!

I'm happy that finishing the basement is finally happening even though it's still slower than I would like!

My job keeps decreasing benefits, probably just like every other job, and it's super annoying.  My health insurance premium is going up $1300/year and it seems like the service is even worse!

At this very moment he is sleeping, so I would say just fine!

No, they are still recovering from having acrylics over the summer, but I will have to paint them tomorrow to go visit SO's family this weekend.  My toes are still teal from a pedicure 6 weeks ago!

I don't have a vacation planned, and have a wedding and a new fridge to pay for.

Never seen/read HP, but I tend to have "Live Laugh Love" emblazoned on everything I can. Not really a quote, but whatevs.

I'm close with my mother's family, my dad only really has aunts and cousins left.

SUMMER so I don't have to bundle up and can go to the beach!

There isn't much unique-ness left with the pinterest explosion.... We're considering a (swing) band, or a bounce house.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• 1)  Tell us about something you're really proud of, and why you're proud of it. I'm proud of my teaching abilities. Students seem to really like me, and even when I'm not as prepared as I want to be, I kind of end up on autopilot. It's a strange thing because there's stress involved in teaching, but it's not the same kind of stress I deal with in other parts of my life.

2)  Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really happy about. People are getting our wedding invitations!

3)  Tell us about something that's going on in your life that you're really unhappy about. Grad school! Shocking, given how little I ever complain about it. </sarcasm>

4)  How are things between you and your SO at this very moment? Pretty good. Therapy is going really well. What's been stressful is that he's been really busy this week, and I've been nearly incapable of getting out of bed because of infusion fatigue. So that means he needs to clean the apartment Friday night and Saturday morning, alone, and he's not happy about it, or hiding the fact that he's irritated.

5)  Are your nails polish right now?  If so, what color? Nails aren't (they were two days ago--I think it was Sand Topaz or something by Essie). Toenails are some aqua/turquoise Sally Hansen color.

6)  When is your next vacation and where are you going? Depends. Next trip = Colorado for my cousin's wedding next month. Next relaxing time off = two week at-home vacation post-wedding. Next trip for pleasure = honeymoon in Chicago in December/January.

7)  What is your favorite quote from the Harry Potter Series?  If you're not into HP, what's your favorite quote in general? My favorite quote from HP is one I can NEVER remember and can't be bothered to look up. But it's Dumbledore's comment about how magical music is.

8)  Are you close with your family? Close with my mom and her side of the family. Less close with my siblings. Entirely estranged from my dad and mostly estranged from his side.

9)  What is your favorite season and why? Fall. As stressful as the start of the semester is (and as much as I hate when it's dark all the time), I love the weather, I love the seasonal foods, and I love the fashion. Plus, my birthday is the equinox.

10)  For those of you that are already married, what would you redo about your wedding?  For those not married, tell us something unique that you KNOW you want for your wedding. Blue dress :D
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Grrr I posted a reply earlier, but it's still a draft! Sorry if this is a duplicate:

@Loves2Shop4Shoes - GET OUT OF MY HEAD! Also, confession: I don't have cable at work, so I watch DVDs all day, and I've been watching the HP series for weeks now. It doesn't get old. 

@futuremrshistorian - What a bummer he's getting deployed. :-(

@CocoBellaF - How is that insurance thing panning out? Any luck? Or are you up shit's creek?

@Dignity100 - YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED SO SOON! Also, can I still be @Blue's date? I'll be there for the Dessert Party (and maybe bowling?) lol 

• @Ollie08 - H got off, but I'm stuck with it. I'll get my own policy at open enrollment, but until Jan. 1 I just have to stay healthy.
  • It's so quiet in here these days.  I feel like unless it's an OLW, chat thread, or a newbie asking about engagement stuff/acting BSC, it's almost dead in here.  So, survey time!

My boys. I'm extra proud of the young man that Bean is becoming and his compassion.

My relationship with D. We definitely have our disagreements, but it really feels like things are moving forward lately.

Losing my Momi. 

Very very good.

No. :(

No vacations planned right now. Probably nothing this year or next year. We've talked about taking the boys to Disney/Universal when No-Uh is a little older (3). We'll probably have to save from now until then to afford it LOL We are going to NC in October (Columbus Day) for D's brother's wedding. That is unless they change their mind for the 4th time.

This is probably cliche, but I really love the "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." quote

I feel like things are changing. I was very close with my family. Losing mom has opened my eyes to a different reality regarding my siblings. It's sad. There is a lot that has happened that really makes me angry with them.

Autumn. We have the most beautiful changing of colors. The whole state looks like its on fire.

It's not unique, per se, but I'd love to use my parent's lasso. That is if the siblings didn't throw it out in the trash. I'd also love mariachis and some very special people in attendance.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @Ollie08 - Thanks!  It is a bummer, but we'll deal with the same way we dealt with the last one.  His last deployment was actually really good for him professionally and for us as a couple, so I'm not worried (except in the whole "you're probably going somewhere you might get shot at" sort of way).

@phira - I totally agree with you about the teaching thing.  I had no idea how much I'd like doing it until I did it, and you're right--it's a different kind of stress than the other kinds we deal with so often!
  • edited September 2014
    I'm really proud that I've been able to create a detailed budget for my wedding and have made sure to stay within budget on every item thus far. We have limited funds, but I'm proud that all of my work has paid off so far, and I'm extremely happy with what we're planning AND what we're spending.

I've started exercising again, almost every single day, and I'm feeling GREAT. I don't always make the best food choices, but at least I'm up and moving a lot more now than ever before.

I feel like me and my best friend have drifted apart a bit this year. We've both been SO busy and haven't even spoken on the phone too much lately. 

Things are fantastic. I'm SO excited for us to take our E-pics this weekend and send out Save-the-Dates soon!
    Nope, I need to choose and buy a new color though!

NOLA in T-8 days.

Not necessarily my FAVORITE quote, but a good one nonetheless:
    "It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it.  Those who, like you, have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well."

YES. I speak with my mom and youngest sister several times a week, and my middle sister about once per week.

It's a tie among....anything that isn't Winter. Right now though, I'm SO HAPPY it's fall!

Ehh, nothing is really unique anymore. I really want to have lawn games (cornhole, badminton, etc.) because I haven't been to a wedding like that yet, and know our friends would LOVE it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Ollie08 - I'd have to figure out the logistics of the dessert party; we have to meet some guide backstage Epcot and go from there, our party is supposed to be all together and I'm not 100% sure if I'd need to add more transportation or not (my transportation is supposed to be good for 12 people, but I think it's basically like 3 adults shoved in the back seat of a car and one in the front).  Plus I'd need to check with FI because he might not be comfortable with it since we only invited family.  The bowling part wouldn't be a problem though. . .

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards