Chit Chat
Options

Self-tanning Lotions

edited September 2014 in Chit Chat
Did anyone use any of those self-tanner lotions or the ones that give you a *hint* of color for your wedding or as part of your normal routine?

I'm thinking I would like some recommendations since I'm super tan now but come November I'll probably be pasty again. That doesn't completely upset me, as I kinda figure I may as well have my skin match the season, but I am kind of interested in a lotion that will give a bit of a glow :)

Re: Self-tanning Lotions

• Options
    smalfrie19smalfrie19 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    I used a sample of the jergens natural glow moisturizer and its actually pretty effective. I am actually tanning for my wedding, but I know its not for everyone. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    I like the stuff from Bath and Body, True Blue Spa Malibu something or other.

• Options

SITB:

Love seeing your posts here and there but um...shouldn't you be giving your new husband sweet lovin's????
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

SITB:

Love seeing your posts here and there but um...shouldn't you be giving your new husband sweet lovin's????
    PS. Thanks for the True Blue tip! :)
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I can't put it on evenly and always end up streaky, even with the gradual ones, but if you're a more careful kind of girl it might be great for you.

I'm just going to get a spray tan because I can't be trusted to do it properly myself.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I also like Jergens Natural Glow and use it as part of my normal routine.  I actually get it on Subscribe & Save from Amazon every couple of months.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    @amelisha that's true about the streaky ones. Maybe I could start right now with a gradual one so that it would be even in the end?

I remember trying the Jergens one when it first came out. I've never heard of the True Blue one though!

• Options
    @JCbride2015 have you had any problems with streakyness or making sure it is even?

• Options

@amelisha that's true about the streaky ones. Maybe I could start right now with a gradual one so that it would be even in the end?

I remember trying the Jergens one when it first came out. I've never heard of the True Blue one though!

You've got time to practice so it's probably worth giving it a shot, it fades after a week or so (faster if you exfoliate it.) I've never been able to make it look good (even with help for my back) using it regularly, but like I said, I'm not a coordinated or careful person.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This. This. THIS. No streak, easy apply. Lasts 4-5 days before reapplication. WORTH the money. It's all I use in the winter. https://tanphysics.com/true-color/order.html?gclid=CNbEnZXd68ACFQooaQodSo0AXQ

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @JCbride2015 have you had any problems with streakyness or making sure it is even?
    Nope, with the regular Natural Glow I have always been fine.  If you use it every day you really don't need to be perfect-- wherever you were a little thinner today, you will probably get it tomorrow.  I pretty much just slap it on, wash my hands, and stay in my towel for about ten minutes to make sure it's really dry before I get dressed.  

The only time I ever got a streak was when I put tight jeans on too early, and I got sort of a seam mark on the inside of my leg.  If you let it dry while you do other things getting ready in the morning, you'll be fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I use the Mary Kay self tanning lotion every now and then in between tanning sessions. It seems to work nicely and does not leave any streaks. Lately, I have always had some sort of color from the tanning bed though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've used sunless tanner for over 20 years. My current combo is Jergens foam on my upper body and Loreal Sublime Bronze Gel on my lower.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I've used the light color Jergens for years. It's not streaky at all and just a hint of color.
  • Options
    I haven't used them for my wedding, but I've used them before. 

Jergens works well, but it smells horrible. I'd recommend Dove --- it smells nice, and it works. 
  • Options
    ElcaB said:
    I haven't used them for my wedding, but I've used them before. 

Jergens works well, but it smells horrible. I'd recommend Dove --- it smells nice, and it works. 
    They recently reformulated Jergens and it no longer has that nasty smell.  It used to be really bad.

@ElcaB I didn't know Dove made one!  I love Dove's other stuff.  Maybe I will try it next time I want to change things up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I used Jergen's once  a few years ago and after a couple applications, my skin was more orange than anything. 

What did I do wrong?

*msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My wedding is two weeks away... Is that enough time for the tanning lotion to work, if I apply it daily or every other day?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

SITB:

Oh don't you worry! We're making good use of this soundproof hotel room. ;)

• Options

SITB:

Oh don't you worry! We're making good use of this soundproof hotel room. ;)
    He's just sleeping, right? You wore him out so much he needed to rest for more action, and you're on the knot waiting for him to wake up? :)

image   image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards